Traditional marketing is undeniably important in a marketing strategy; however, it is important to note that not all firms require it today. This is not the case with digital marketing; even a tiny business can reach out to its target audience with the appropriate message.
Digital Marketing is becoming important for every business day by day or I can say digital marketing is a must for every small to big organization/business/company.
Digital marketing is also far less expensive than any other type of marketing for the same demographic if you use the platforms correctly. That is why we created a blog to provide an in-depth study of Digital marketing salary in India and 10-year strategy guidance.
Why Digital Marketing?
You must be thinking about why to choose digital marketing as my career or profession and not any other fields among various, right?
Here is the answer to your question, if you are interested in doing something creative, and want to explore something new every day, and a lot more. Then Digital Marketing is the right choice for your career.
The digital marketing sector is rising at breakneck speed. It has one of the highest-paying digital marketing salary packages and one of the most highly prized career pathways in the world.
As we know after Covid-19 most things got converted into digital like; digital learning, running business digitally, online shopping & food (it was there before covid but increased more after the Covid-19), and a lot more things. In the near future, there will be lots more things that will convert totally into digital #digitalworld.
Is this right? Because every organization in every sector is increasingly reliant on the digital landscape for profitable growth, the digital marketing industry, without a doubt, pays better than most positions at the same level of experience.
Businesses are increasingly reliant on digital platforms for most of their activities, particularly since the covid-19 epidemic, and thus the reach of digital marketing has expanded even further. As a result, the number of positions available and the wages offered increased.
Another major reason for the rapid rise and relevance of studying digital marketing is that even the slightest component can be quantified. Businesses can quickly determine what works and what doesn’t with their target clientele.
Even ten years ago, a digital marketer was a single individual who was responsible for all aspects of digital marketing, from content production to tracking analytics. This, too, has evolved. There are numerous branches and sub-branches of digital marketing that necessitate the use of highly skilled specialists with specialized knowledge in that field.
With the level of demand that digital marketing is experiencing, a sufficient quantity of resources is required. There is a widespread assumption that only digital enthusiasts are qualified for digital marketing employment, but this is not the case.
But first, listen to Sorav Jain, CEO, and Co-Founder of Digital Scholar, discuss your digital marketing salary today and in the next 8 -10 years – The Future of Digital Marketing!
There are about 40+ technical, artistic, and analytical niches. Digital learning has also changed dramatically; online digital marketing training courses are now available in more than 30 cities, with thousands of online courses to choose from.
Priorly knowing the digital marketing salary in India 2022 will motivate you to choose the best designation.
If you want to start with the basics, here’s a free masterclass on digital marketing courses and secrets to get you started.
Scope of Digital Marketing in India
Survey says India has the world’s fastest-growing internet market, with over 840 million internet users expected by 2022’s.
Today, digital marketing is a booming professional opportunity. The digital marketing industry is currently at its peak and will continue to expand. Let’s think about how our behavior and interaction have changed in the last six years. A few years ago, people were hesitant to buy online; we never imagined we’d buy groceries or furniture online, but now we even book movie tickets online, so everything is online and on mobile.
Today, we live in a digital age. Today, almost everyone has access to the internet. This problem has been aided by the widespread availability of smartphones. India now has the world’s greatest growth rate (approximately 20 percent).
There are numerous opportunities in the field of digital marketing right now, and there will be many more opportunities in 2022. If you want to work in digital marketing, you should start studying it right now. To know where to start check out the blog on how to start a digital marketing career in India.
You initially believe that you would learn at an institute or by yourself. But it takes 6 -10 months for the course duration (depends upon the institutes). But if you want to learn Digital Marketing within a short period, about 3-6 months then it’s a wise choice to take up the Digital Scholar’s digital marketing course.
Demanding Digital Marketing Skills in Near Future!
There will be plenty of digital marketing skills which are getting demanded day by day in the market. Below are some of the skills which will be demanded in the near future and the salary for those digital marketing skills will be high.
- Digital Marketing Executive
- Email Marketing
- Social Media Executive
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Specialist
- PPC Specialist
- Content Marketing
- Marketing Automation
- Landing Page Automation
So these are going to be the most demanding skills in India in the near future. And if you want to become an expert digital marketer all over the world then you must have these digital skills to stay on the top.
And these are only not in demand there are other sets of digital skills which will also have high demand in the upcoming years. Like;
- Web Developer
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Paid Media Specialist
- Content Writers
- Copy Writers and more
Keep reading to know the Digital Marketing Salary in India with the Job roles.
Digital Marketing Salary Range in India with Job Roles
- SEO Specialist Salary
- Web Developer Salary
- Pay Per Click Analyst Salary
- Social Media Marketing Specialist Salary
- Search Engine Marketing Specialist Salary
- Digital Marketing Manager Salary
- Marketing Automation Specialist Salary
- Content Marketing Manager
- Paid Media Specialist Salary
Let’s see, what is the digital marketing salary in India for all the above digital skills.
1. SEO Specialist in India
If you excel at technical professions and have excellent analytical skills, search engine optimization employment can be just up your alley. The major purpose of a Search Engine Optimization Specialist is to produce targeted website traffic and have it rank on the top page of Google for relevant keywords. A Search Engine Optimisation Specialist must be proficient in keyword research, SEO copywriting, and search engine algorithms, to name a few.
Also check out: Off-Page SEO Techniques
Salary for SEO Specialist in India
In India, a Search Engine Optimization Specialist with less than one year of experience earns an average of 1,23,000 INR a year as an entry-level digital marketing salary. In India, a Search Engine Optimization Specialist with less than 4 years of experience can expect to make an average of 2,51,706 INR. In India, Search Engine Optimization Specialists with 5 to 9 years of experience can expect to earn an average of 5,02,000.
|Entry Level||0-1 yrs||1,23,000 INR|
|Intermediate||1-4 yrs||2,51,706 INR|
|Experienced||5-9 yrs||5,02,000 INR|
Key Responsibilities of an SEO Specialist;
- Conduct analysis and optimization on-site and off-site.
- Assist in the creation of high-quality SEO-friendly content and do
- Thorough keyword research to keyword increase website traffic.
- Develop and implement link-building initiatives.
Skills Required for an SEO Specialist
- Technical SEO
- Off-Page and On-Page SEO
- Critical Thinking
- Analytics Skills
- Data Skills
- Speaking & Writing Ability
- Technical & Programming Skills
- Social Skills
- Drive, Motivation & Adaptability
- A Sense of Humor
2. Web Developer Salary in India
A web developer is required to be knowledgeable about several coding languages in use and to have the ability to design a functional and appealing website for the company. A smart web developer looks at the customer’s needs to ensure the contents, graphics, and navigation contribute to a better user experience.
A web developer must be familiar with computer software, HTML code, and visual design to construct a website that provides the best user experience and meets business objectives. In today’s digital age, it’s one of the high in-demand digital marketing skills and rated as the second category in this blog of Digital marketing salary in India 2022.
Web developers who can design and maintain attractive and user-friendly websites are in high demand, and those who can meet these demands can expect a good salary.
Salary for Web Developer in India
A Web developer with less than one year of experience can expect an entry-level digital marketing salary of INR 125K per year in India, while those with more than 2-3 years of expertise can expect INR 7,81,000 per year.
|Entry Level||0-1 yrs||1,25,000 INR|
|Intermediate||2-3 yrs||7,81,000 INR|
Key Responsibilities of a Web Developer
- Being capable of building webpages
- The ability to figure out how to use a web page to meet a client’s needs.
- Create and test website applications.
- Keep web pages up to date.
- Keep track of your website’s performance and traffic.
- Bringing data from the back-end services together
If you’re new to this and want to increase your knowledge, sign up for this Online WordPress Course and learn how to construct websites from the scratch.
Skills Required for Web Developer
- Computer literacy.
- Strong numeracy skills.
- Strong creative ability.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- A logical approach to work.
- The ability to explain technical matters clearly.
3. Pay-Per-Click Analyst Salary in India
Pay-per-click In 2022, one of the hottest digital marketing jobs will be an analyst. This job responsibility necessitates someone with the necessary knowledge and skills to make a profit that is equal to or greater than the investment. The organization will hire someone who can meet this requirement.
After obtaining organic results, companies focus on pushing their boundaries and undertaking sponsored advertising. You’ll need a solid grasp of both campaign creation and the psychology behind each meaningful click. This will assist you in obtaining a position as a PPC Analyst at a reputable organization.
Salary for PPC Specialist in India
In India, an entry-level PPC Analyst with less than one year of experience earns roughly 3 lakhs per year. In India, a PPC Analyst with more than two years of experience may expect to earn around 5-6 lakhs per year.
|Entry Level||0-1 yrs||3 lakhs per year|
|Experienced||2-5yrs||5-6 lakhs per year|
Key Responsibilities of Pay Per Click Analyst
- Manage Google Ads, Search & Display, Bing, & other Ad Networks Paid Ad Campaigns
- Manage ad campaigns on social media sites such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Quora, and others.
- Suggesting keyword bids correctly
- Increasing the quality score
- Budgeting on a daily and monthly basis
- Google Analytics: An Overview
- Oversee the campaign’s graphic design.
- PPC campaign creation and optimization
- Budgeting and account management for search platforms
- KPIs are being tracked and valuable reports are being produced for management.
Skills Required for Pay-Per-Click Analyst
- Analytical Mind
- Managing Time and Tasks
- Creative Skills
- Understanding Customer Intent
- Mastery of Landing Pages
- Communication Skills
- Quick Adaptation
- Always Learning
4. Social Media Marketing Specialist Salary in India
If you’re a social media enthusiast, you can make out so much money. A company’s full social media strategy is designed and executed by Social Media Marketing Specialists. Brands are paying professionals to push them to the top of their social media game, much as individuals use social media to showcase the best version of themselves.
You must maintain positive interaction and quality content (paid or organic) across all social media channels as a Social Media Marketing Specialist.
In India, a Social Media Marketing Specialist with less than one year of experience can expect to make an average of INR 303,651 as an entry-level digital marketing salary.
Salary for Social Media Marketing Specialist in India
An average salary for a Social Media Marketing Specialist with fewer than 4 years of experience is INR 3,04,000. In India, people with 4-5 years of experience can expect to earn an average of 6,85,923 each year.
|Entry Level||0-1 yrs||1,50,000 INR|
|Intermediate||1-4 yrs||3,04,000 INR|
|Experienced||5-9 yrs||6,85,923 INR|
Key Responsibilities of a Social Media Marketing Specialist
- Social media marketing campaigns should be planned and implemented.
- Keep an eye on all of your social media profiles.
- To promote the brand’s message, create engaging and unique content.
- Examine the costs and benefits of social media advertising.
Skills Required for Social Media Marketing Specialist
- Excellent Communication
- Writing Ability
- Content Curation
- Project Management
- Aptitude to Learn
If you’re interested in learning more about social media marketing, sign up for this Online Digital Marketing Course and learn how to execute both organic and paid social media ads!
5. Search Engine Marketing Specialist Salary in India
Search Engine Marketing Specialists are in charge of paid ads across all search engines and display networks. If you’re not afraid of numbers and have excellent analytical skills, search engine marketing might be appropriate for you.
For this job, you’ll also need to be familiar with some technical skills, such as basic code, website design concepts, and a working knowledge of search engine algorithms.
PPC and SEM are two digital marketing abilities that are often used interchangeably; however, PPC relates to online advertising, whereas SEM is a broad phrase that encompasses any activity aimed at improving website search results via a search engine.
Salary for Search Engine Marketing Specialist in India
In India, a Search Engine Marketing Specialist with less than one year of experience earns an average of INR 3,49,441 a year as an entry-level digital marketing salary. In India, a Search Engine Marketing Specialist with less than four years of experience earns an average of 2,39,000 INR. Additionally, in India, a Search Engine Marketing Specialist with 5-9 years of experience earns an average of INR 6,36,000 per year.
|Entry Level||0-1 yrs||1,81,000 INR|
|Intermediate||1-4 yrs||2,39,000 INR|
|Experienced||5-9 yrs||6,36,000 INR|
Key Responsibilities of a Search Engine Marketing Specialist
- Create search engine marketing to maximize your return on investment.
- Website analytics and campaign performance should be measured, analyzed, and reported.
- Organize your campaign’s budget and budget for each month.
- Landing pages for paid search marketing initiatives should be optimized.
- Performing experiments, collecting and analyzing data, and detecting trends and insights to maximize the return on investment from paid search campaigns.
- Website analytics, pay-per-click (PPC) initiatives, and campaigns tracking, reporting, and analysis
- Keeping track of campaign costs, staying within budget, anticipating monthly costs, and resolving inconsistencies are all tasks that must be completed.
6. Digital Marketing Manager Salary In India
Digital marketing managers plan and implement a company’s whole online presence. They promote a company’s products and services across every digital marketing channel available, with the primary goal of increasing sales at a minimal cost. A digital marketing manager should be knowledgeable in all aspects of the industry and up to date on the latest digital marketing trends.
Salary of a Digital Marketing Manager in India
In India, the average annual income for a Digital Marketing Manager (entry-level) is INR 1,81,000. In India, a Senior Digital Marketing Manager with 5-9 years of experience pays between Rs 5,09,800 and Rs 6,36,000 per year.
|Entry Level||0-1 yrs||1,81,000 INR|
|Intermediate||1-4 yrs||3,49,000 INR|
|Experienced||5-9 yrs||6,36,000. IN|
Key Responsibilities of a Digital Marketing Manager
- Plan and execute all digital marketing efforts, including SEO/SEM, marketing databases, email, social media, and display ads.
- All digital marketing campaigns should be measured and reported on, and goals should be evaluated (ROI and KPIs)
- Identify patterns and insights, and then improve your spending and performance based on them.
- Make a list of new and unique ways to grow your business.
- Experiments and conversion tests should be thoroughly prepared, carried out, and evaluated.
- Collaborate with internal teams to create landing pages and enhance user experience.
- Assess the overall customer experience across several channels and touchpoints using great analytical skills.
- Conversion points should be measured, and user funnels should be optimized.
- Collaborate with other vendors and agencies.
- Create a strategy for the brand’s online presence and keep track of it.
- Possessing the ability to conduct data-driven analysis
- Ability to assess and conduct email marketing campaigns (to learn everything you need to know about email marketing, take this online email marketing course).
- Across all platforms, create and manage online paid and organic initiatives.
- Track and report on the progress of all digital marketing operations using a Web analytics tool.
- Maintain ongoing initiatives considering the latest digital trends Maintain ties with agencies and other vendor partners
Skills Required for Digital Marketing Manager
- Strategic thinking
- Data analysis
- Social media marketing
- Paid social advertising
- Email marketing
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Paid search / SEA
- An eye for good copy
7. Marketing Automation Specialist Salary In India
The marketing automation platform’s features are managed and expanded by a Marketing Automation Specialist.
Project managers, designers, developers, operational initiatives designers, developers, and project managers must all collaborate closely. Marketing automation professionals are responsible for creating marketing strategies and improving promotional activities to increase the company’s customer base and revenue.
Salary for Marketing Automation Specialist in India
In India, an entry-level Marketing Automation Manager with less than one year of experience earns an average compensation of 5 lakhs per year. A Marketing Automation Manager with at least 2-3 years of experience may expect to earn around 1 Million per year on average.
|Entry Level||0-1 yrs||2,56,000 per year|
|Intermediate||1-4 yrs||5 lakhs per year|
|Experienced||5-9 yrs||1 Million per year|
Marketing Automation Specialist Responsibilities
- Create and execute marketing campaigns
- Analytical processes should be improved.
- Examine the database of potential customers.
- Recognize and assess campaign metrics
- Develop marketing tactics based on your brainstorming.
Skills Required for Marketing Automation Specialist
- Tech savy
- Communication skills
- Content creation
- Creative writing
- Data Analytics
- Marketing automation processes
- Project Management and collaboration skills
- Data-driven decision making
8. Content Marketing Manager
Content Marketing Managers oversee a company’s overall content strategy and creation across all platforms. Content is an important aspect of this work, as the title suggests. You can succeed in this field of digital marketing if you have a way with words, are creative in general, and have excellent communication skills.
Salary for Content Marketing Manager in India
A Content Marketing Manager’s entry-level is anticipated to be around 6,50,000. In India, a Content Marketing Manager with less than 4 years of experience can expect to make an average of 5,13,369 rupees. Content Marketing Managers with 5-9 years of experience in India can expect to earn an average of 10 lakhs.
|Entry Level||0-1 yrs||3,07,000 INR|
|Intermediate||1-4 yrs||5,13,369 INR|
|Experienced||5-9 yrs||10 lakhs|
Key Responsibilities of a Content Marketing Manager
- Create engaging content and deliver it appealingly.
- To define provided subjects and topics, conduct research.
- Make plans and strategies for content marketing.
- generation of content
- Gather information for a website, portals, or internal use.
- Creating and implementing digital content strategies for all online channels.
- Increasing traffic and interaction leads to sales and brand awareness.
- Creating a Budget for content marketing.
- Measuring the outcomes of marketing initiatives to improve future campaigns.
- Managing a group of authors, illustrators, and statisticians.
- Putting SEO best practices into action.
- Knowing which platforms are most suited for certain types of material.
- Developing and implementing innovative content distribution solutions.
Skills Required for Content Marketing Manager
- Content creation skills
- Editing skills
- Deep understanding of sales funnels
- Planning skills
- Research skills
- SEO skills
- Content promotion skills
- Data analysis skills
9. Paid Media Specialist Salary in India
A paid media professional manages online advertising on platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Google, among others, to drive traffic to your website. You’ll need to be able to mix the best of both worlds — a creative and analytical approach — to succeed as a paid media specialist.
To get the most out of your engagement as a Paid Media Specialist, you’ll need to be fast to identify which channels are best for reaching your target audience and innovative with your media buying skills.
Salary of a Paid Media Specialist in India
In the beginning, an entry-level Paid Media specialist can expect a pay of 3 lakhs per annum; but your salary will climb as your experience and competence grow. A paid media specialist with at least 2-3 years of experience in India may expect to earn roughly 5-6 lakhs per year.
|Entry Level||0-1 yrs||3 lakhs per annum|
|Intermediate||1-4 yrs||5-6 lakhs per year|
A paid media specialist differs from a PPC analyst or an SEO expert in that they specialize in a broader range of digital media techniques. Paid media, on the other hand, is intimately linked to PPC (Pay-per-click) and SEO (Search Engine Optimization). These jobs also pay well in the field of digital marketing. If you want to learn more, read this digital marketing salary in India blog post about the highest-paid digital marketing professionals.
Responsibilities of a Paid Media Specialist Include
- Make PPC recommendations based on execution.
- Analyse and evaluate the effectiveness and return on investment of all PPC campaigns.
- Digital campaign creation, implementation, and optimization
- Providing key stakeholders with ongoing actionable insights into campaign performance
- Overseeing and managing the total paid media budget
- Performing extensive keyword and website research
Skills Required for Paid Media Specialist
- Analytical. Data, data, and more data
- Thirst for Knowledge
- Problem Solver.
What Factors Can Affect Your Digital Marketing Salary?
Here are a few more variables that influence how much money you can make as a digital marketer in today’s industry.
1. Prior Experience
In every industry, experience determines how much you may anticipate from an employer. Years of expertise in this field will only result in greater digital marketing pay and other benefits.
Employers, on the other hand, are known to look for quantifiable successes, and if you can consistently achieve them, they’ll be more than eager to reward you with a raise.
2. Skill Set for Digital Marketer
Employers favor applicants who have additional skills, much like we want extra toppings on our ice cream sundaes. In today’s society, more digital talents lead to a higher digital marketing wage.
This does not imply that you must be a jack of all trades, but you may certainly acquire talents that complement your area of expertise. A Social Media Marketer with copywriting, design, and Paid media abilities, for example, is far more enticing and beneficial to an employer than a social media marketer alone.
It’s also critical to learn these abilities from a reliable source so that your understanding isn’t lacking. Digital Scholar offers a three-month online digital marketing course taught by specialists in the field. This course covers all digital marketing skills and technologies that are relevant to the sector. It also comes with complete placement assistance.
3. Gain More Experience
Your income will be higher if you work for a larger agency or brand. If you’re a newcomer, though, we recommend starting with a smaller firm. Although the salary may not be as attractive as it would be at a larger firm, the learning curve in a small firm would be considerably greater in only one year.
4. Differentiate Your Job Title
As you advance in the corporate sector, your digital marketing pay will rise. A digital marketing manager, for example, earns far more than a digital marketing executive because the latter has far more responsibilities and skills.
Now that we’ve looked at digital marketing salaries in India and the elements that may influence them, let’s look at some frequently asked questions:
Digital Marketing Salary Comparision in India – A Guide of 10 Years Plan
We’ve laid out a 10-year strategy based on years of expertise for the benefit of our readers. Here’s how much you can be expected to earn in digital marketing in the coming years:
|Experience||Designation||Expected Salary Per Month|
|3 – 6 months||Intern||Rs 5,000 – Rs 10,000|
|Year 1||Executive||Rs 15,000 – Rs 20,000|
|Year 2||Senior Executive||Rs 30,000 – Rs 40,000|
|Year 3||Associate Leads||Rs 45,000 – Rs 50,000|
|Year 4||Team Lead||Rs 50,000 – Rs 60,000|
|Year 5||Associate Manager||Rs 70,000 – Rs 80,000|
|Year 6-10||Manager/ C-Suite||Rs 1,00,000+|
We hope that after reading about the many career responsibilities and digital marketing salaries available, you will be able to determine which position is right for you. Let’s look at some of the most important aspects that determine your digital marketing wage.
We hope that blog about digital marketing salary in India 2022 has given you a better idea of whether or not you want to pursue this career path. While the digital marketing pay is a significant plus, there are other additional advantages to a digital marketing career that have attracted many graduates and working professionals. If you are looking for much more.
Before you begin your career, industry experience is all you need. You can do so by enrolling in a digital marketing course from Digital Scholar that provides hands-on experience. You must also stay current; digital trends change daily, and a digital marketer must evolve with them. You’ll be able to figure out where your heart lays once you’ve grasped the fundamental concepts.
Frequently Asked Questions About Digital Marketing Salary
1. What is the average basic salary for a fresher in digital marketing?
As previously said, your digital marketing pay is determined by your skill set, experience, and company size. A digital marketer’s technical skills include data analysis, paid social media marketing, search engine marketing, email marketing, search engine optimization, and visual advertising. Freshers in digital marketing in India earn between Rs. 20,000 and Rs. 21,000 per month on average.
2. Is digital marketing a well-paying profession in India?
In a world where people go online 24 hours a day, seven days a week, digital marketing is one of the finest possibilities for the future. 6% of business owners are looking for digital competence, while the rest are already online. According to a report published in the Times of India, the digital marketing business is on track to create 2.5 lakh jobs by 2022. As a result, it’s reasonable to assume that digital marketing is a lucrative profession in India. If you want to delve a little deeper, here’s something to consider: Is Digital Marketing a Lucrative Career Option? Check out the online digital marketing course which Gives out the answer.
3. How much can a digital marketer earn as a freelancer in India?
In India, an average digital marketing freelancer can earn up to 5 lakhs. The salary of a digital marketing freelancer varies depending on the size of the project, the client portfolio, work experience, and skill set. The amount of money you make as a freelancer is directly proportional to the number of hours, you’re willing to work per day.
4. What is the highest digital marketing salary for an experienced candidate?
As an entry-level digital marketer, the greatest digital marketing compensation you may earn is roughly 3 lakhs to 4 lakhs per year. With that said, it’s impossible to pinpoint the highest digital marketing pay. However, for the sake of our readers, here are some of the highest-paying digital marketing positions: Digital Media Managers, Pay-Per-Click Managers, SEO Specialists, Visual Designers, E-commerce Specialists, and others.
5. What is the average number of hours a digital marketer works?
A digital marketing specialist works an average of 8 hours every day. This is determined by the nature of the task and the company. Some people work more than 8 hours per day, while others work fewer. Jobs in digital marketing are always changing.
6. How much does a digital marketing director make?
In India, the director of digital marketing might earn roughly INR 27,00,000 per year. Although being a director of digital marketing in a company takes years of experience and a great deal of expertise.
Here are the upcoming batch details for the online digital marketing course;
Upcoming Batch Details
Live Online Classes
Sat & Sun
11th March, 2023
₹ 75,000 (Inclusive of GST) - Offers Available