Despite being two distinct facets of web designing, UI and UX work well together. While UI focuses on your design interface and how a user interacts with it, UX emphasises the user’s experience while using your product or service.
The amazing thing is that although a decent UI can boost conversion rates by up to 200 per cent, enhanced UX design can boost them by up to 400 percent.
To assure good UI/UX design, good UI/UX design software tools are also required.
What is UI/UX Design Software Tool?
UI design tools give designers the tools they need to create high-quality wireframes, mockups, and prototypes. They convey a design’s functionality while serving as a stand-in for its structural components.
The user and their engagement with the material are at the forefront of UX design tools. These tools can help with the organization of the information architecture and the user experience flow. Because this is more conceptual, UX tools are about helping a designer paint a wider picture of how content and organization will affect the experience.
Why UI/UX Design Software Is Important?
Let’s talk about the importance of having a good UX design tool.
UI/UX tools aim to achieve the same goal—helping designers produce excellent digital apps. Despite the fact that every tool on this list shines at a certain stage of the product design process, they all fit the following criteria:
- User testing
- Visual design
How do I choose the right UX/UI design tool?
No single UX/UI design tool can completely meet the needs of all designers. Therefore, designers must take into account their needs and carry out independent studies on the solutions that are offered.
When you narrow down your options, keep the following things in mind:
- How useful is this tool?
- How usable is it, and how soon can you begin using it effectively?
- Is it a viable option for your company?
- How does this tool encourage cooperation among team members?
- How well does it integrate with other UX/UI design software?
- What OS systems does the tool support?
Key Benefits of UI/UX design tools
Whether they are making a sophisticated wireframe or a straightforward prototype, designers may find it helpful to have the right UI/UX tools at their disposal. It can help them build appealing websites that enhance user experience.
The right UI/UX tools can save designers from having to always come up with new ideas.
- One benefit of utilising cutting-edge UI/UX design tools is that they provide your customers with interesting information and make navigation a breeze.
- Investing in quality Ul/UX design tools can also assist to increase consumer confidence in the business.
- You can increase the number of visitors who are willing to look at your website and the goods you have to offer by investing time and money in UI/UX design tools.
- The holy trinity of user experience, user interface, and search engine optimization can raise the possibility of increased website traffic and attract potential clients who are really interested in knowing more about the products or services on offer.
Top 20 UI/UX Design Software Tools
Here is a list of the top 20 UI/UX design tools to narrow down your search.
You need a UI/UX design tool that makes it possible for you to build straightforward website mockups with the least amount of coding. The simplicity and comprehensiveness of Axure are among its benefits. With its flexible features and simple click-and-drag interface, you may quickly create a demo website.
The application is frequently hailed as “the most complete wireframing and prototyping tool on the market.”
- It is one of the best UI/UX design tool for non-techies and let you prototype without any coding experience
- It provides a thorough understanding of your interface.
- It shows how adaptable your interface is to various devices.
- Complete support via email, the help desk, phone, chat, and a forum with advanced prototyping capabilities.
- It can be challenging to make use of the best Axure features.
- It takes time to design numerous screens and pages.
- Printing prototypes might take a lot of time.
- On occasion, the prototype may completely crash, making bug fixes difficult.
$29 per month
If you’re willing to go beyond simple features and a responsive web design to get a good user interface (UI). You will need a UI/UX design tool that gives you a lot of options for page customization.
With Bootstrap, you can create a fully functional website rapidly.
- Because it eliminates creating a lot of code and ensures that design and development are consistent, it is considered one of the best tools for designing HTML UIs
- It has a very accessible structure
- The responsive grid design strategy can be used to produce a mobile-friendly website.
- Every version of jQuery is compatible with modern browsers.
- All the websites look alike, making it easy to tell which ones were made with Bootstrap.
- You must learn how to browse the classes, grid system, and other components unless you are familiar with the documentation.
- Performance issues because the final files end up being somewhat large
Apple customers have access to UI/UX design software that enables them to create complex UX Flows and add text and shapes to them. Even designing layouts that keep UI elements consistent across all screen sizes is considerably simpler.
One of Framer’s main benefits is the sophisticated route editing it provides, which lets you create anything that is web-optimized. Additionally, the tool gives designers the appropriate symbol and style they need to create top-notch prototypes.
- It enables the integration of design and programming.
- It encourages communication between programmers and designers.
- Prototyping for mobile apps is much easier.
- It is quite reasonably priced.
- The logo, font, colours, and other elements of the organization’s corporate design are excellent.
- There are several missing pre-made components.
4. InVision Studio
With InVision Studio, a UI/UX design software, you can swiftly transform your designs into clickable prototypes. InVision Studio provides a framework for quick prototyping with user-friendly tools, an adaptive layout engine that easily supports variable designs, and potent animations for dynamic motion. Its free subscription includes all the features like design, prototyping, and animation tools.
- Extremely easy to use and comprehend for anyone
- It promotes smooth collaboration and permits direct connection with third-party programmes.
- Onboarding tours are modified based on the level of comprehension of their consumers.
- It improves the degree of control you have over your creations
- It retains a version history to record the progress of your design process.
- It is expensive if you have large squads.
- Multiple users’ edits are troublesome
- Real-time editing is not allowed.
- It’s challenging to navigate.
- Free: $0
- Pro: $7.95 per active user/month
- Enterprise: On Quote
Because this UI/UX design software is close to a digital sheet of paper for manually making wireframe sketches, users won’t get lost in elaborate decorations and extreme stylisations. Sometimes elegance is genuinely found in simplicity.
In terms of the user interface, toolbars only appear when they are required, bringing up only the items that are pertinent to the situation. Users can choose between browser windows, tablets, or mobile phones as a template (portrait or landscape). Annotation is present in the wireframe and is toggleable between on and off.
- It is a comprehensive wireframing tool that easily creates, exports, edits, and shares wireframes with a simple user interface.
- The online version is an effective, user-friendly tool.
- It is rather frustrating due to the limited number of tools in the free edition.
- It has issues with compatibility and poor user experience
- It has restricted abilities
- Premium: Starts at $16/Month
UXPin is a UI/UX design software that combines wireframing and prototyping. The distinction is that UXPin enables mockups, design systems, collaboration, and developer handoff, making it an all-in-one design tool.
The wireframing aspect of UXPin is where it shines, despite the fact that its components function effectively together. You can quickly develop wireframes with UI components and custom elements while collaborating with your team in real time.
- One-stop tool for instant collaboration and quick wireframe generation
- It is expensive
- Startup: $89 per editor/mo
- Company: $119 per editor/mo
- Enterprise Merge: On Quote
7. Adobe XD
XD is a part of the Adobe Creative Cloud suite of design tools. For a free seven-day trial, you can either utilize the restricted version or subscribe to the full version.
It has grown significantly in popularity as a UI/UX design tool since its initial release in 2016, notably for collaboration, prototyping, and wireframing. The auto-motion aspect of 3D images makes stacking them quite simple.
- It helps in the rapid production of high-fidelity wireframes
- There is no big deal when updates are made in real-time.
- It is a good option for jobs that require a lot of collaboration
- It adjusts to various hardware and operating systems
- With live previews, you can see exactly how your design will look in real-world settings.
- It has the ability to output numerous pages in a single exportable file
- A little expensive
- Only seven days are allotted for the free version’s trial period.
- The UI is unattractive.
Mockplus is an agile UI/UX design tool that ensures every designer can make an interactive prototype more skillfully and quickly. It also offers a seamless user experience. Designers can create prototypes much more quickly with Mockplus since it comes with pre-designed elements including a pop-up panel, drag and drops, stack panel, scroll box, sliding drawer, and image carousel. Additionally, each component can be modified using sophisticated style editing options.
- It has the capacity to create realistic wireframes with feature-rich animations, components that are pre-installed and ready to use for quicker wireframing
- Quickly build prototypes without coding thanks to the ease of usage
- Does not work with Linux
- To export to particular formats, the application must be purchased in a premium version.
- Not suitable for creating high-fidelity wireframes
- Pro: $5.95/Month
- Individual Annually: $99
- Individual Perpetual: $399
Even while Sketch was formerly just used as a visual design tool for websites, it is now one of the most popular UI/UX design tools available. Designers find its user-friendly interface to be especially enticing.
- It is easy to use and intuitive.
- Utilizing reusable UI materials and components keeps UI uniformity.
- Only for Mac
- For numerous functionalities, plugins are occasionally necessary.
- Performance issues can be brought on by an increasing load
- Standard: $9/editor/Month
- Business: On Quote
In 2008, one of the most user-friendly UI/UX design software was created by Balsamiq Studios. It is a wireframing tool that leads the industry and has a plugin that can sync to Google Drive.
Mockups can be made quickly with the aid of tools like drag and drop and mix and match. A wide variety of common forms that imitate controls from the real world are also offered. You may also present prospective app or website flows with Balsamiq without getting mired down in UI-level specifics.
- It has a user interface that is simple
- Simple drag-and-drop methods expedite the wireframing process.
- It includes a huge selection of UI components
- Tools for integrated presentations are provided by Balsamiq.
- Does not support animation and interactive components
- Not suitable for building massive prototypes
- Previous designs will be eliminated if your free trial limit has been reached.
- The unappealing hand-drawn style of the designs gives them a cartoonish feel.
With the fantastic application ProtoPie, designers can produce incredibly interactive prototypes of their UI/UX design concepts. ProtoPie enables designers to research, validate, and test design concepts and ideas by generating convincing prototypes without the need for programming experience.
The user interface is really simple, intuitive, and clear. It can be used to create interactions by combining objects, triggers, and answers. Wireframing is not even required for hi-fi prototyping.
- It can design product prototypes that are realistic-looking and extremely interactive.
- It offers UI aspects that are straightforward and consistent between Mac and Windows
- After logging into Protopie, you can switch between the OSs.
- It helps lower costs and accelerates product commercialization
- A learning curve exists when creating HD prototypes.
- One a few import options are available
- Not appropriate for newcomers
12. Fluid UI
Designers can collaborate in real-time from various locations to produce prototypes, wireframes, and mockups using a UI/UX design software tool called Fluid UI. It has a wide range of exceptional features, such as wireframing, comments, video calling for feedback and integrated component libraries for iOS and Android. You may quickly drag and use various practical built-in features to demonstrate the website’s UX/UI design flow to your coworkers.
- It produces fidelity- and high-quality wireframes that contain a variety of animated and interactive components and are compatible with a wide range of platforms.
- It allows you to customize your projects using a wide range of widgets, design components, and icons.
- The free edition has only a few features.
- Multiple images cannot be posted at once.
- Unacceptable client service
- Solo: $15/month
- Pro: $25/month
Marvel is a straightforward cloud-based UI/UX design platform that makes it easy to quickly and simply create a convincing user experience for a website. You may move your website using the tool’s endless stock images and icon sets while getting design ideas from various pre-made themes. Marvel may be used to develop desktop, Android, and Apple product prototypes.
- It can easily enhance an interface
- It presents an excellent prototype and wireframe approach. With the help of some incredible business software that supports iOS and Android, your ideas may be included in project workflows.
- The location of the mobile device has no bearing on accessibility.
- It is not suitable for Windows or Mac
- It has fewer graphics and symbols
- Collaboration and sharing of designs are difficult when there are no annotations.
- It has some constraints on animation
- Pro: $8/Month
- Team: $24/Month
A team of designers may quickly construct adaptable and accessible designs from scratch with Figma UI/UX design tool’s robust modern capabilities. Figma is a pleasure to work with because of the additional plugins like Figmotion and Autoflow, as well as the availability of Arc Tool and Vector Networks.
- For group prototyping and graphic design, it supports optimum user interface and experience
- Thanks to the cloud, everyone can access it.
- The free version supports various features.
- It enhances brainstorming by coordinating design iterations with other processes
- Browsers, desktop/mobile apps, and design-centred work
- Perhaps not the ideal choice for wireframing jobs, especially those that call for several different factors
- Paid plans can be a little expensive.
- Professional: $12 per editor/month
- Organization: $45 per editor/month
- Enterprise: $75 per Figma editor/month
15. Origami Studio
Facebook developed the cutting-edge UI/UX design tool Origami Studio for internal use. It has helped designers create incredibly dynamic prototypes since its initial release in 2013. The programme offers a huge library of patches that may be used to construct movements, interactions, and behaviour. The ability to prototype web and mobile application patterns is greatly aided by these functionalities.
- It can create animations, interactions, behaviours, icons, and gestures using a patch library.
- It offers completely free prototype previews while they are being developed in a separate window
- Only Mac users can experience performance issues with huge files
16. Pencil Project
Installing Pencil Project UI/UX design software on your MAC or Windows computer will allow you to create wireframes, prototypes, and mockups for free.
However, the GUI tool is enhanced by the integrated set of shapes and stencils for building prototypes of apps for Android and iOS. This collection contains everything you might possibly need to create flowcharts, desktop, web, or mobile applications, or general-purpose diagrams.
- Completely Free
- It is perfect for beginners and makes straightforward wireframes available on all popular desktop platforms
- It is quick and easy to use
- It only offers intermittent collaboration
- It does not have enough different shapes
- Only suitable for wireframes with low quality
Mockflow provides access to its wireframing, product design, and web/mobile app development features both on-premises and via the cloud, is one of the greatest free UI/UX tools. You must upgrade to the premium edition of this tool to get the most out of it.
- 50 extra instruments to quicken the design process
- Utilizing pre-made templates will facilitate work.
- Centrally located creation, sharing, and collaboration platform
- Very quick and easy to design
- The free edition has only a few features.
- The benefits are exclusive to wireframing and creating mockups.
- Performance issues with several pages
- Basic. $0.00
- Product Design: $21.00/Users/Month.
- Wireframing. $19.00/User/Month.
Whimsical is a fantastic UI/UX design tool for user flows, brainstorming, and creating product specs. It is perfect for real-time collaboration at the very beginning of the UI design process because it features simple controls and a clean layout. It’s also quite user-friendly for beginners, so your coworkers from non-UI fields can easily participate as well.
- It supports instantaneous cooperation
- It offers straightforward controls and features
- When there is a large team, it can be expensive
- No hand-drawn elements
19. OmniGraffle Pro
OmniGraffle Pro is one of the UI/UX design tools offered under the Omni brand. It focuses on creating intuitive user flow diagrams and vector graphics sketches.
This design tool contains a number of excellent modern features that make the ideation phase flow more smoothly and are easy to use even for unskilled designers.
- Tools for grouping, snapping into place, and alignment
- Drag-and-drop functionality
- It is tidy and visually pleasing
- Only Mac and iOS are supported
- Limited collaboration
- Individual: $99.99
- Family: $149.99
- OmniGraffle 5 Professional – $199.99
Justinmind excels when used with its built-in wireframing feature, despite the fact that it is primarily a UI/UX design tool. The procedure is fast and easy because of its enormous collection of pre-made wireframes for websites and mobile applications.
- It supports wireframes and limitless users
- Exporting interactive prototypes with drag-and-drop tools for Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, and other integrations
- It might be costly when there is a huge team
- It has a small storage
🤔 Q: What guidelines should UI designers follow?
✅ Ans: Some of the guidelines for excellent UI design are:
- System and the real world must match.
- User freedom and control.
- Standardization and uniformity.
- Error avoidance.
- Recognition as opposed to memory.
- Efficiency and adaptability in use.
- Attractive and simple design.
🤔 Q: Which abilities do UI designers require?
✅ Ans: In their work, UI designers use both hard and soft skills, such as
- Creativity and design abilities.
- Technical expertise.
- Industry expertise.
- A focus on the details.
- Aptitude for fixing issues.
- Planning aptitudes.
- Teamwork abilities.
- Talents in communication.
🤔 Q: What makes the user interface crucial?
✅ Ans: In order to satisfy customer expectations and support your site’s efficient functionality, the user interface is crucial. Through contrasting graphics, simple design, and responsiveness, a well-done user interface allows successful interaction between the user and the programme, app, or machine.
🤔 Q: Do UX designers require coding skills?
✅ Ans: The quick response is no. Coding is not necessary for UX design. But there are times when learning to code can give you an advantage over the competition.
🤔 Q: Does UX hold greater weight than UI?
✅ Ans: Without UX, UI is like an artist randomly painting on a canvas, whereas without UX, UI is like a sculpture’s frame without any paper mache on it. UX comes first in an excellent product experience, then UI, but both hold equal importance.
Picking up any random UI/UX design tool may not benefit the designers. UI/UX designers have a number of options for UI/UX design tools for achieving their goals. Designers must evaluate their needs and thoroughly research all potential tools. The above-given list has various potent options to fulfil your UI/UX design tool requirements.