When you explore your social media platform of choice today, you’re bound to come across at least one ad or sponsored post. It may seem unassuming and straightforward, after all, it’s just a static post. Behind that one static post, however, many gears are turning in intricate machinery to ensure that that specific ad reaches your feed. It can’t be called a coincidence. It’s the game of digital marketing. If you play your cards right, you’ll be rewarded with an online presence that transcends boundaries.
Why are many companies shifting their focus to the online arena when it comes to promoting their products? What are the benefits that come with it? The answer to that lies with us, the customer. We spend a sizeable chunk of our day staring into a screen, which is our window into the digital world. It’s a world which isn’t about just plain entertainment anymore. Thanks to the rise of digital marketing, influencers and big brands alike are in constant competition to grab as many eyeballs as possible.
Whether we like it or not, we live in a digital era. Everything from daily communication with our peers to making significant purchases is done online. There are 3.03 billion active social media users in the world, and around 75% of them look to social media to get discounts on their favourite product. The fact that this is a huge market to tap into, simply cannot be ignored. Thus, every other brand out there is stepping up their game to increase their online presence.
The Business Angle
The stats don’t lie, there’s clearly a lot of potential in the online arena from a commercial perspective. Online platforms give you an avenue to market your product to a vast audience, in a cost-efficient and creative way. 51% of smartphone users claim to have discovered new products while simply tinkering with their apps! People are taking note of the fact that online promotions get consistent results, quickly and efficiently. No wonder, then, that people are opting for specializations in the field through digital marketing training. Knowing the tools of the trade goes a long way and gives you a significant edge over your competitors.
Put simply, digital marketing is the art of promoting your content online to maximize brand reach and create new business opportunities. On a superficial level, it is basically about making sure your content performs to its maximum potential online. These tools can be used to increase the revenue from your online platforms, with the right approach. Here’s how you can boost your online business using digital marketing techniques:
Start a blog. If you already have one, then optimize it based on your niche. Know the trending topics in your field and write posts regularly. You will garner an audience that periodically checks for content based on your brand.
- Stay active on social media platforms. All digital marketing institutes swear by the power of social media. Remain active on any platform that is beneficial to your brand’s image. Build up a follower base and interact with them regularly. Every follower is a potential long-time customer, so never underestimate the time you put into your social handles.
- Provide your online audience easy access to your merchandise/products. The entire idea behind digital marketing is to put your brand on a stage that’s visible for millions to see. This also includes occasional discounts and giveaways that provide your audience with an excellent incentive to stay loyal to your brand. A surefire way to do this is to get them to sign up with their mail IDs and create an account to your online portal. You need them to stay for the long run.
These are the broad strokes of how you can optimize your online business to get the most revenue. If you take up digital marketing training, however, you will receive expert tips on how to apply digital marketing techniques in a way that best benefits your brand. Here are some of the pointers you will learn as you familiarise yourself with the ropes of digital marketing:
Optimizing SEO for your blogs/websites. High-ranking keywords are your ticket to a broader audience and visibility. They also build your brand image significantly.
- Lead generation. This is essentially the tactic of getting your audience interested in your brand and spurring their enquiries. There are many ways to do this. For example, having a copy of your e-brochure sent to their mail IDs upon request is a surefire way to gain leads. Lead generation is a stepping stone to guaranteeing RoI on your digital campaigns.
- Sponsored ads. This is the cornerstone of SEM, and it is a vital skill to know in this digital age. Creating ads that target the right audience is sure to increase your reach and revenue significantly.
- Content curation. People online don’t just want to glance at pretty pictures anymore. They want content that makes them sit up and take notice. You will have to invest time to create and fine-tune your content so that it is in sync with your brand’s values as well as what your audience is looking for. Content marketing is all about finding the balance between those two aspects.
These are some of the tools that every seasoned digital marketer has full mastery over when it comes to their campaigns. These skills are taught at most digital marketing institutes as part of courses, and the same skills are applied in practice at agencies the world over.
If you’re looking to gain or hone your own digital marketing skills, then it is advisable for you to take up a digital marketing training course at a reputed institute. At Digital Scholar, digital marketing tactics are taught through a unique agency-style approach that encourages hands-on learning in the students. This, in turn, prepares you to be job-ready with the capability to apply your knowledge in a client-based job situation.
Remember, digital success for your online business won’t come overnight. Gaining profits through digital media is a commitment which you have to honour, day in and day out. By building your online presence brick by brick, you can definitely elevate your online business to new heights. All it takes is tapping into the potential of digital marketing!