The greater the impact of social media on our lives today, the greater the demand for professionals in this industry. You can create a career in this industry if you are one of those people who is obsessed with social media. We’re going to shed some light on the social media marketing salary in India today.
Our lives have been altered by the internet and social media. Everyone, from a youngster to an elderly person, is on social media. Many people use social media platforms, and businesses and industries have discovered a new market that has resulted in thousands of job opportunities.
Today, those that specialize in the field of social media have plenty of work options across various social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn. That’s why the demand for social media marketing is increasing, which makes the company hire more social media marketers for a good social media marketing salary.
Cool Fact: As of January 2023, there are 3.96 billion total social media users across all platforms.
Since social media marketing is in demand and a dream job for many youngsters, we are concerned to share our research in this article. You will learn about the social media marketing salary component of various social media job profiles in India.
Also, you can check some of the best digital marketing career options in India to get the right fit
Why Are Companies Willing to Hire Social Media Marketers?
These are some of the basic reasons why companies need social media marketers.
- Customers are on social media every day.
- Consumers will be more receptive to your messages when marketing through social media.
- Brand recognition can be boosted through social media marketing.
- Inbound traffic will improve as a result of social media marketing.
- Companies can contact certain audiences using various social media channels.
- Companies may target and retarget ideal customers through social media advertising.
- Social media marketing is a low-cost option.
- Search engine optimization may be aided by social media marketing.
- Companies need more contact with rivals on social media.
- Social media marketing results in higher conversion rates.
- Social media marketing can help increase brand loyalty.
In this article, you will learn about the social media marketing salary components of various social media job profiles in India. A social media manager’s salary is determined by a variety of factors, which we’ll go into later in this article.
Social Media Marketer Salary in India: Executive /Manager/Specialist Level
We’ll talk about social media marketing salaries in India for various roles:
Social Media Executive Salaries in India
It is an entry-level position that is primarily filled by young graduates. Companies commonly hire interns who have graduated from college and completed a short-term digital marketing course. Candidates have domain knowledge but lack experience, which they will develop during their internship.
It’s a simple, entry-level position that can help you get started in the industry of digital marketing with a decent social media marketing salary in India.
The starting salary for a social media executive is 3.3 lakh per year (anywhere between 20,000 to 30,000 rupees per month). Your income will rise in tandem with your experience.
Social media executives’ pay is determined by a variety of criteria, including geography, employer, and experience. The need for social media executives, like that for other social media jobs, is always increasing.
Digital marketing is a growing field in India which gives a lot of new employment also India read further to know about Digital Marketing Salary in India.
Job Profile of Social Media Executive
- As a social media professional, you’ll be responsible for creating and promoting the content that your company needs.
- You’ll also need to conduct market research and determine the most appropriate keywords for the brand. It’s essential to understand social media marketing and optimization.
- Because you’ll be working in a team with other social media professionals, you should have great communication skills. You should also be able to work well with others.
- Social media executives create content according to the company’s content calendar and deliver it to managers for review. They must be knowledgeable about all social media platforms and their promotion methods, as each has its own set of criteria.
- They must also manage brand ad campaigns. Aside from that, they must employ social media management solutions like Buffer.
Social Media Manager Salary in India
Because of the growing popularity of social media platforms and applications, there is a huge demand for social media managers in India. Many businesses understand the benefits of employing social media platforms. They hire social media managers with good social media marketing salaries for this purpose.
In India, social media managers earn an average of Rs. 3.4 lakh a year. These professionals can expect to earn roughly Rs. 2.5-3.0 lakh per year as beginning pay. Experienced individuals can make up to Rs 7.7 lakh per year.
Job Profile of Social Media Manager
- The company’s social media activity must be organized and managed by social media managers.
- They should be able to lead a team of social media experts and have strong communication abilities.
- Their mission is to assist the organization in achieving its social media objectives.
- They collaborate with other corporate managers to discuss the organization’s social media presence and what adjustments they may make.
- They promote their brand through social media initiatives.
- Every piece of content produced by their team must be checked and approved by social media managers to ensure that it adheres to the brand’s voice and goals.
- They must prepare financial statements and react to inquiries. That is why they should be able to work with Word documents, spreadsheets, and other similar software.
Cool Fact: 61.1% of all Social Media Managers are women, while 38.9% are men.
Also, check out the blog if you’re interested in learning more about digital marketing salary in India 2022
Social Media Specialist Salaries in India
A social media specialist’s annual salary is roughly Rs 3.8 lakh. You can advance to the role of social media manager after gaining sufficient experience in this position.
Most social media experts are hired by digital marketing firms.
Source – Payscale
Job Profile of a Social Media Specialist
- As a social media specialist, you’ll be responsible for supervising the work of social media executives, managing the client’s social media accounts, and organizing your team’s responsibilities.
- Team leaders for social media professionals are in charge of managing a group of executives.
- You’ll need to keep track of the account’s daily actions and statistics. To understand how well your social media accounts are functioning and what you can improve, you’ll need to generate reports.
- Social media experts must also ensure that their team reaches the content calendar’s deadline.
- To lead the team, they must have strong communication, organizational, and other skills.
Cool Fact: By looking over 17,983 Social Media Managers resumes, we figured out that the average Social Media Manager enjoys staying at their job for Less than 1 year for a percentage of 29%.
Getting a Job in Social Media Marketing
If you wish to pursue social media, you must first improve your marketing and branding skills. And to do so, you must first learn it. Numerous websites provide this training for online digital marketing courses. You can use their blogs and video tutorials to get started. You can learn from this whenever you have the opportunity.
Apart from that, digital marketing programs include social media marketing courses. You can work on a live project while learning and experiencing it yourself. The digital marketing course from Digital Scholar is the best choice to start learning social media marketing from scratch. This course also provides training and internship programs to help you improve your social media marketing skills. Learning this skill can help you land a job that pays a good social media marketing salary.
After that, you can apply for a position in social media marketing with a good social media marketing salary at any organization or company.
Skills Required for Social Media Marketing Job
You’ll need to learn a few skills to get good-paying jobs in this social industry. Having in-demand abilities can help you earn a higher social media marketing salary.
Cool Fact : Social media managers with strategy abilities earn 19 per cent more social media marketing salary than their counterparts.
Here are some essential skills you’ll need to land these jobs
Communication is the first social media skill you must master. It goes without saying that if you want to represent a company and interact with its clients, you must be able to communicate effectively. You’ll also need solid communication skills to get along with co-workers, put your ideas and campaigns into words, and be the global face of your company!
Creativity is one of the most significant characteristics of social media marketing abilities. If the content shared by a brand is repetitive or dull, social media consumers are likely to unfollow it. Social media marketers must always come up with new and engaging ideas, creative projects, and campaigns to keep followers engaged and hooked.
This is one of the important skills in order to get a job with a good social media marketing salary. Social media marketers will need to be creative with everything from interactive content to contests to viral videos. They come up with new strategies to differentiate themselves from the millions of others on the platform.
Learn How to Write
Although images and videos account for the majority of social media abilities, the text is equally important. Writing is an important aspect of a social media marketer’s job profile, whether you’re writing a blog post or a tweet. It’s unlikely that consumers will be encouraged to click if the headlines aren’t attractive or captivating enough.
Marketing in Social Media
You should be knowledgeable about social media marketing and its various principles. Analytical research, engagement, and content idea generation are just a few of the responsibilities that come within this realm.
In paid marketing on social media sites, you should be able to design content strategies and plan appropriate content.
What would your customers like to read or see from you?
What great and useful content can you create?
These are some of the questions you’ll need to address to develop an effective content strategy.
You’ll also need to develop an effective marketing strategy. which is one of the important skills in order to get a job with a good social media marketing salary.
What keywords does your target audience in the market frequently use? where your target audience is active? These types of inquiries can aid you in better determining your target market. Something you should be aware of. You should be aware of the platform’s unique requirements as well. Pinterest and Instagram, for example, are both image-based networks with distinct user bases and user interfaces.
The process of planning, organizing, and producing content is referred to as “content management.” As a social media specialist, you’ll have a lot of tasks.
Strategy and Planning
You should be able to design content strategies and plan content.
What would your customers like to read or see from you?
What great and useful material can you create?
These are some of the questions you’ll need to address in order to develop an effective content strategy.
You’ll also need to devise an effective marketing strategy. What keywords are commonly used by your competitors to attract the target market? These types of inquiries can aid you in better determining your target market.
As previously stated, if you want to earn a good social media marketing salary, you need to concentrate on gaining the necessary abilities.
Learning about social media and marketing might lead to lucrative work opportunities in the field with a good social media marketing salary. To conclude, companies are in desperate need of social media professionals, and they are willing to pay a premium for the best. Based on the salary spectrum of these top-ranking social media jobs, we can confidently assume that the social media marketing salary in India is quite good.
- Freshers can expect a social media marketing salary of roughly Rs. 1.8–2.8 LPA.
- Professionals with 5-8 years of experience may expect to earn between Rs. 3.5 and Rs. 6.6 LPA.
- Senior-level social media marketing salary in India with ten years of experience is much higher, ranging from Rs. 15–30 LPA or more, depending on the company size, location, and skill set.
If you’re reading this, you’re probably interested in learning more about digital marketing. Check out Digital Scholar’s Online Digital Marketing Course with a paid internship if you’re interested in learning about social media marketing and other digital marketing fields.
Upcoming Batch Details
14+ Modules & 3 Specialization
Live Online Classes
Saturday & Sunday
23rd September, 2023