This is a complete list of a range of SEO Salary in India in 2023.
In this detailed article, you can get an idea of
What is the SEO fresher salary in India?
Is SEO a good career in India?
How much do SEO experts make in India?
What is the seo salary in India per month?
Let’s get started.
The rise of digital marketing in India, as well as the e-commerce boom, has resulted in a growing demand for qualified digital marketing specialists.
This industry attracts both recent graduates and experienced pros, and it provides a diverse range of opportunities for those with various skill sets.
Why Is SEO Important for the Digital Marketing Industry?
SEO tactics and strategies are crucial in deciding your SERP (search engine result pages) ranking and how visible you are to your target audience.
It’s a good idea to brush up on SEO as it’s the core of digital marketing by reading this blog How to start a digital marketing career in India.
SEO is a powerful tool for boosting your search engine rankings.
As a result, SEO experts have become one of the most demanded experts in the field of digital marketing. As a result, the value of SEO professionals grows year after year, as do their wages.
Let’s take a look at most of the different types of SEO Roles and SEO job salary in India.
Top SEO Job Profile and Salary in India
SEO job positions have gotten quite broad and diversified as SEO has become increasingly important in the market.
The rising demand for SEO abilities and ability has driven up SEO salaries in India in recent years.
Most of the SEO job profiles also come with competitive pay packages.
Here’s the Table of SEO Roles and the SEO salary in India based on the years of experience.
SEO Salary in India – Table
|SEO Role||Years of SEO Experience||SEO Salary Range||SEO Salary Average|
|Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Analyst||1 Year||₹119k – ₹427k||235,003|
|Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Specialist||1-2 Year||₹138k – ₹515k||₹287,964|
|Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Manager||4+ Years||₹250k – ₹1m||₹579,308|
|Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Expert||3+ Years||₹175k – ₹562k||₹300,000|
|Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Marketing Strategist||1+ Years||₹108k – ₹1M||₹271,765|
|Senior Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Specialist||3+ Years||₹184k – ₹679k||₹360,000|
|Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Professional||Fresher||₹178k – ₹244k||₹220,000|
|Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Lead||3+ Years||₹276k – ₹1M||₹832,000|
|Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Director||5-9 Years||₹654k – ₹3m||₹786,571|
|Senior Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Expert||3+ Years||₹128k – ₹450k||₹240,000|
|Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Consultant||1-14 years||₹120k – ₹1.46M||₹960,000|
We have something more for you.
We have included the roles and responsibilities with the SEO Salary in India below.
Here are some of the highest-paying SEO job roles, along with their compensation packages:
SEO Salary in India [Based on the Job Roles]
1. SEO Trainee Salary in India
In the SEO field, an SEO Trainee is an entry-level position. Supervising and directing the team is normally the responsibility of SEO executives.
SEO trainees begin their SEO careers by learning how various SEO concepts and approaches work and how to apply them. In general, an SEO executive oversees and guides the SEO trainee’s tasks to ensure that he is on the proper track to success.
Beginner projects might help you get a job as an SEO intern at a top agency. More information about Digital Marketing Project Ideas for Beginners can be found here.
SEO Trainee’s main responsibilities include
- For the website, create relevant links.
- Weekly/biweekly, track various SEO indicators and report to the SEO Manager/Executive.
- Conduct keyword research on the company’s needs.
- To improve the website’s viability, brainstorm new and unique concepts.
SEO Trainee Salary in India: ₹96,000 to ₹1,44,000 per year
2. SEO Trainer Salary in India
An SEO Trainer, as the name implies, trains SEO Trainees. They teach students about the core concepts of SEO and how to create successful content for SEO, what search engines demand from SEO, how to combine social media with SEO, and how to use SEO monitoring and reporting tools.
SEO Trainer’s Main Responsibilities include
- Subordinates should be taught SEO tactics.
- Assist with query sessions and clear up any doubts.
- Give live and recorded lectures.
- Create assignments for the team to help them enhance their practical skills.
SEO Trainer Salary in India: ₹6,00,000 to ₹8,40,000 per year
3. SEO Analyst Salary in India
An SEO analyst is usually well-versed in performing keyword searches and identifying the hot terms in the sector. They are constantly working to develop useful and high-quality material for the website that is easily accessible to both people and search engines.
To rank and perform better, SEO Analysts must also improve landing pages for both users and search engines.
Primary Responsibilities of an SEO Analyst
- Design and Implement SEO Strategies.
- Track organic metrics and analyze them regularly to improve the project’s overall performance.
- Utilize the correct tools, research keyword research, generate backlinks, and conduct analysis.
- Conducting competitive research to find content gaps and opportunities for development in our web design
- Providing recommendations and design methods for the creation of content
SEO Analyst Salary in India: ₹1,19,000 – ₹4,27,000 per year
4. SEO Strategist Salary in India
An SEO Strategist is in charge of assessing, reviewing, and making the adjustments that are needed to optimize a website. To boost search engine rankings and website visibility, they must experiment with a variety of SEO tactics and practices.
The SEO Strategist evaluates the website’s performance regularly and makes changes to the approach to increase visibility and conversion. The strategist collaborates closely with the analyst to put the analyst’s recommendations into action.
SEO Strategist’s main responsibilities include
- Create and implement strategies for achieving goals.
- Work on optimizing your content and analyzing your competitors.
- The SEO lead should be informed of the campaign’s performance.
- Developing in-depth strategy reports.
- Creating techniques for link building.
- Finding effective keywords to increase site traffic and conversion.
SEO Strategist Salary in India: ₹271,765 per year
5. SEO Consultant Salary in India
The complete SEO strategy of a company or client is planned, implemented, and managed by an SEO Consultant.
They are responsible for a variety of tasks, including website optimization, content strategy planning, online marketing, web analytics, link building, and keyword strategy development, to name a few.
SEO consultants aren’t like regular employees; they act as a company’s third-party counsel. The SEO consultant should have worked on a variety of projects and be well-versed in all aspects of SEO, in a variety of SEO tools and scenarios to provide effective answers to the company’s problems.
The following are the main responsibilities of an SEO consultant
- Reports should be prepared and shared regularly.
- Work with web designers and developers to make the necessary SEO adjustments.
- Plan, create, and put the strategy into action.
- Developing a good working relationship with customers.
- Key APIs are being monitored and actions are being taken to improve them.
SEO Consultant Salary in India: ₹1,20,000 – ₹14,60,000 per year
In India, the pay of SEO experts rises with experience. The number of projects handled in the past and successes determines how much a consultant can earn.
6. SEO Manager Salary in India
For clients, an SEO Manager is in charge of coordinating and implementing SEO and SEM (search engine marketing) plans and programs.
They handle offsite and onsite optimization initiatives while also supervising and coordinating with the content, design, social media, and marketing teams. In India, SEO Managers earn the highest SEO salary in india. The SEO manager is in charge of coordinating on-page and off-page optimization initiatives.
With the support of his team of SEO specialists, the SEO manager creates and implements an SEO strategy. He or she should also have a basic understanding of web design and development.
An SEO Manager’s main responsibilities include
- Implement SEO programs and efforts to increase website leads and purchases.
- Analyze and report on the project and campaign performance.
- Oversee the work of other team members and assist them in becoming more productive.
- Optimize the landing page of the website, fill in the content gap, and track KPIs.
- To interact with other team heads, he should have great communication skills. Assisting the team with the obstacles they confront and making proposals for solutions.
In India, SEO managers with more than 5 years of experience earn ₹5,35,000 per year, while managers with more than 10 years of experience earn ₹7,40,000 per year.
SEO Managers Salary in India: ₹2,50,000 – ₹10,00,000 per year
Pune pays the most for managers of any Indian city, at 18% more than the rest of the country. The lowest compensation is paid in Delhi, which is 24 percent lower than the national average.
7. SEO Director Salary in India
The department heads are usually the SEO Directors. They define SEO objectives and make sure they are met. They also create SEO campaign plans while taking into account the limitations of prior initiatives. SEO Directors are in charge of overseeing and administering the SEO department as a whole.
The director must evaluate the overall performance of the organic efforts and conduct macro-monitoring regularly. The director must define long-term goals for the team and steer them toward achieving them within a reasonable time frame. An SEO director should be familiar with a variety of channels, techniques, and tools.
SEO Director’s Roles and Responsibilities
- Create techniques to boost the SEO’s overall performance.
- The SEO Director must ensure that the strategies are aligned with the company’s goals and that everyone in the team understands their relevance and function.
- Keep an eye on industry news and trends. Encourage team members to talk about, share, and put fresh studies and experiments into practice to increase their knowledge and organic performance. For inter-team projects, collaborate with other teams and stakeholders.
- To assist a health organization, hire and lead a team of SEO analysts, strategists, and trainees. The SEO Director evaluates the content regularly to find content gaps, possibilities, and innovative solutions that will help the company enhance its overall performance.
SEO Director’s Salary in India: ₹6,54,000 – ₹30,00,000 per year
What is the SEO Average Salary in India 2022?
Several things have an impact on pay. Let’s go over each one one at a time so you can get a strong grasp on the affective elements.
In India, the average SEO salary is ₹251,706
SEO Salary Based on Cities you Live
In Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, employees with the job title Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Manager earn 26.5 percent more than the national average.
In Bangalore, Karnataka, and Chennai (21.3 percent more) and Mumbai, Maharashtra, these job titles also pay more than the national average (6.5 percent more). If you want to take a digital marketing course in Chennai, then check out Digital Scholar’s online digital marketing course to become an SEO expert.
Ahmedabad, Gujarat (31.5 percent less), Noida, Uttar Pradesh (8.2 percent less), and New Delhi, Delhi have the lowest salaries (7.7 percent less).
SEO Salary based on Company’s size and Revenue
MNCs devote more resources to organic resources. When considering joining a firm, it is important to consider the company’s revenue condition, as working for a company that is growing helps you grow internally as well. A growing firm will be willing to invest in organic, content, and other avenues that will boost your knowledge and help you grow internally.
SEO Salary based on Your Skills & Past Performance
Based on your knowledge, talents, and past performance, you may be paid more or less than the average SEO compensation for your position. When it comes to tools, having a working knowledge of Search Console, Google Analytics, and other similar programs will help you in interviews. I know many people who, despite their lack of experience, charge a bomb because of their previous accomplishments and how they consistently improve their talents. Check out the link to learn more about a
SEO Salary in Other Countries
US: SEO Specialists’ average annual salary is $54,144 (INR 42,27,295)
UK: SEO Specialists’ average annual salary is £26,000. (INR 24,61,142)
Salaries of Marketing Related Roles Compared to SEO
Consider the average earnings for other marketing-related jobs in India versus the SEO salary.
|S No||SEO JOB TITLE||AVERAGE SALARY|
|4||Digital Marketing Analyst||₹3,07,000|
|6||Digital Marketing Associate||₹2,90,000|
We can confidently assume that SEO compensation in India is quite well based on the salary spectrum of these top-ranking SEO jobs.
- SEO Salary for Professionals with 5-8 years of SEO experience may expect to earn between Rs. 3.5 and Rs. 6.6 LPA.
- SEO Salary for Freshers can expect to earn roughly Rs. 1.8-2.8 LPA.
- Senior-level SEO salaries in India with ten years of experience are much higher, ranging from Rs. 15-30 LPA or more, depending on the company size, location, and skill set.
If you’re reading this, you’re probably interested in learning more about digital marketing.
Check out Digital Scholar’s Online Digital Marketing Course with a Paid Internship if you’re interested in learning SEO and other digital marketing fields.