Everyone nowadays uses a search engine to find almost any piece of information. No one wants to wait when they can gain information in a matter of minutes. Due to this, everyone is shifting to the digital world to be more accessible for potential customers or buyers. It is the same when it comes to the real estate industry.
As the demand for residential properties is increasing, real estate agents and organizations are desperately trying to find ways to bring more and more people to the property. It is tough to buy or sell a property without arranging it through a professional real estate agent. Real estate agents use digital marketing to earn the clients’ trust and then drive their services to the clients. The internet has made the whole marketing process so much easier and more convenient. Real estate agents or organizations can target the right audience with effective digital marketing strategies.
Digital marketing in real estate is not just about posting the property on the internet; it is more than that. It is being creative, innovative, and thinking outside the box to grab the attention of buyers. This blog will talk about a few best real estate digital marketing cases in India to see how they implemented strategies and used digital marketing to their advantage.
Here’s the List of Best Real Estate Digital Marketing Case Studies in India
#1 Real Estate Digital Marketing Case Studies – Regent Hill by Hiranandani
Source: Hiranandani Group
This is one of the best real estate digital marketing case studies in India. Regent hills is a part of Hiranandani Gardens in Powai. They had four challenges that they had to tackle to reach their goal and bring in buyers. The four challenges are
- Their 1 BHK apartments were much expensive than their competitors. And their carpet space was also less.
- To persuade those seeking a premium lifestyle to consider the Hiranandani brand.
- Persuade the target audience of the benefits of living in the most desirable location – Powai.
- To demonstrate the higher-priced Regent Hill 1BHK’s investment value.
Their target audience where:
- 30 to 60 plus years of male and females
- Married or unmarried
- CEOs, diamond Merchants, sports players, people from the entertainment business, directors, etc.
- Frequent international travellers
- first-time home-buyers, investors, people interested in a luxurious property
To pass these obstacles, they came up with a digital marketing strategy. They aimed to build high brand awareness and achieve high lead volume by targeting or focusing on generating leads and using top performing platforms and creatives.
Their plan execution:
- Initially, they launched the campaign by generating brand awareness. They did this through google search by using Ad automation tools to increase their ad delivery and efficiency.
- For reach and frequency campaigns, they used videos, carousels and static formats available on Facebook. Other than Facebook, platforms like Twitter, Linked In and Instagram were used.
- They used the Google display network and ran a branding campaign. For branding, they even used Youtube bumper ads and Trueview ads.
- They also released ads on forums like Yahoo, Taboola and ads on inshorts. They even used real estate portals such as 99 acres to spread the word.
- They analyzed the keywords and used generic keywords. They ran a guerilla campaign and added different ad extensions like a call or site extension so that potential buyers could quickly access all the information.
- They used Yahoo Native, Taboola, magic bricks, Facebook newsfeed, and Youtube for lead generation campaigns. And they received quality leads from all these platforms.
- They converted their audience successfully through remarketing campaigns. They used Google display and Facebook. During the remarketing stages or campaigns, they even used WhatsApp and SMS to create urgency among the buyer’s minds to purchase or book the home online.
The brand optimised the campaigns that they launched regularly by keeping their focus on quality leads. They maintained low CPLs by investing in top-performing sites. Due to this approach, they gained higher quality leads at a lower cost per qualified lead.
During these campaigns, they noticed that video ads performed much better compared to other formats. They received high click-through rates and leads through video ads. In video ads or videos that they published, 20-second videos performed better with high click-through rates than 10-second videos.
Through all the campaigns they launched, they received more than 3700 leads and 1080 site visits. A total of 215 flats were booked.
Through this real estate digital marketing case study in India, we can see that investing in high-quality sites and remarketing can help gain more conversions and leads.
#2 Real Estate Digital Marketing Case Studies in India – Amanora Gold Towers by Amanora Park Town
The following real estate digital marketing case studies in India is Amanora Park Town’s Gold Towers. The township is about 400 acres. Their idea was to create a digital launch strategy, and they wanted to achieve maximum conversions in the first month of the campaign launch. The challenges that the real estate organisation had to overcome are :
- Increasing brand awareness in target markets for a higher conversion rate during the product launch.
- Using a large variety of digital platforms to reach a larger target audience
- Generating huge lead volumes in order to meet sales targets of 600+ reservations each month.
- Outperforming several current competitors in the core micro-market, particularly in the affordable housing segment.
Their target audience was:
- young adults moving to Pune for jobs
- young nuclear families interested in owning a luxurious home on a budget
- The target market was Pune, Mumbai, NRIs and the rest of Maharashtra
- investors, entry-level home buyers & second home buyers from Tier 2 cities
Their campaign had a three-phase approach.
Phase 1: Brand awareness and recall
- They aimed to reach out to a broader target audience in order to increase brand recall.
- In this phase, they spoke about Amanora and the life residents can receive at this township. They talked about the history of the township and the brand. They emphasised the 22 plus years of experience in the market instead of talking regarding premium living.
- They targeted people who were searching for Amanora, and they were successful in diverting their perception regarding the place from a premium space to a hassle-free living space.
- They used social media in engaging with the people and potential buyers.
- They used DoubleClick by Google and used video and content marketing to get the word across.
Phase 2: Teaser Phase
- They aimed to create a buzz regarding the project.
- The primary purpose of the teaser phase was to capitalise on the already developed brand recall from Phase I of the campaign.
- To stimulate interest among different market categories, a differentiated communication strategy was used.
- They used social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and Instagram. Through these platforms successfully generated curiosity in the potential buyer’s minds.
- Facebook Reach & Frequency campaign was used to present different ads to the audience in a controlled manner.
Phase 3: Launch Phase
- They aimed the reach high lead volumes by using digital marketing platforms and content marketing.
- They converted the leads from the initial two phases with a considerably greater conversion rate in this step.
- They communicated to the audience that it is a once in a lifetime opportunity to acquire a home in Amanora for a reasonable price. They communicated in both English and the vernacular.
- In the previous phases, they had piqued interest in the market and raised brand searches, and they carefully increased Google Search Campaigns. The campaign’s average cost per qualifying lead was decreased as a result of this strategy.
- They were able to get a much more prominent lead volume by using Facebook Newsfeed and Lead Generation campaigns. They were able to create recall value through video and content marketing.
Through these campaigns, they had 9000 plus leads and 600 plus bookings in a month. They had 3100 plus site visits, and they achieved an overall of Rs 312 cost per acquisition.
Through this real estate digital marketing case study in India, we can see that even though social media platforms, we can read awareness. Brand recall is the key to sales.
#3 Real Estate Digital Marketing Case Studies in India – The Himalayan Group
Source: Magic Bricks
The Himalaya Group is one of India’s largest real estate developers. The Himalaya Group has completed many group housing projects totalling over 2.1 million square feet. Himalaya Tower, Himalaya Legend, and Himalaya Tanishq are just a few of the notable projects they’ve completed.
When they wanted to take up digital marketing, they were continuing Greater Noida West Real Estate Project Himalaya Pride. They had begun the process of handing over possession, with two towers completed. It’s a massive housing project for a large group of people.
The Himalayan group wanted to be on top with their digital marketing strategy and other competing real estate projects. They wanted to identify the problems and begin by boosting the brand’s visibility so that the Himalaya group would be at the top of its real estate competitors at the same time.
The focus was primarily on Himalaya Pride, their newest Greater Noida West real estate project. After completing a thorough study, it was calculated that customers were not able to identify The Himalaya Group when they were searching for a similar category and services online as the previous On-Page SEO techniques employed were not up to the mark. The challenges that they noticed were:
- Despite the brand’s potential in terms of market value and consumer confidence, it has been unable to raise adequate awareness about its projects online in various parts of India.
- The need of the hour was to raise brand recognition and establish a brand identity among the target demographic.
- Users couldn’t locate the website online while searching on numerous browsers due to a lack of organic search traffic and an effective search ranking. As a result, the brand was receiving an insufficient number of inquiries and leads.
They issued a 360-degree approach to enhance their branding. This approach looked at linking their online efforts or success with traditional marketing. They divided it into two phases.
Phase 1: Build brand awareness by using online marketing. Search Engine Optimization was prioritised in order to boost the website’s ranking on SERPs and increase traffic. It was planned to launch a Google AdWords campaign to offer the company an immediate boost in lead generation. During this phase, offline marketing strategies were implemented to support online activities.
Phase 2: To generate high-quality leads.
The execution :
- First, they built an SEO friendly website where information regarding the brands, projects and other relevant details with valuable links were implemented.
- Their goal was to elevate The Himalaya Group’s website for easy browsing and to attract potential prospects in order to see it become a success story of advertising in Delhi, NCR. They achieved it by optimising localised landing pages and submitting XML sitemaps, which allowed Google and other search engines to scan and index the website’s material on a regular basis.
- They continued to improve lead generation and conversion. Alternatively, they repeated these processes and discovered the online prospects’ behavioural patterns, as well as a productive technique to contact them. They then focused on Content Development, Paid Ads such as Search and Display, and Social Media Management for the brand, followed by Off-Page SEO to build regular awareness, traffic, and leads.
- Along with these strategies, they implemented traditional marketing strategies to keep the awareness going strong everywhere. They also maintained a database of existing and potential customers so that they could keep the interaction going.
The results that they saw with the 360-degree approach were:
- 175% of the increase in the number of pages indexed
- Achieved the No. 1 search ranking position among all real estate competitors with properties in the same vicinity/city/region, specifically those with competing Greater Noida West real estate projects.
- Content marketing activities and campaigns generated more than 3.50 million impressions.
- On average, they were able to recruit approximately 87,000 new members per quarter from the target market.
From this real estate digital marketing case study in India, we can note that having a strong and effective SEO strategy is beneficial. SEO brings in more awareness than one can imagine. And along with digital marketing strategies, simultaneously implementing traditional marketing strategies will help build a strong and effective marketing strategy.
I hope, from this blog, you understood how essential digital marketing is for real estate agents or organizations. Having an effective digital marketing strategy can help in boosting sales and also helps in people remembering your brand. These were a few real estate digital marketing case studies in India that were successful and effective for the brand.