Need help overseeing your teams and projects? Are you trying to find solutions for project management?
You’ve come to the right site if the answer to the previous query is yes. To enhance your position in the current environment, it would be correct to say that employing new technology, tools, and procedures is now vital. To help you improve, we have chosen the top project management tools.
Let’s first grasp what project management tools are, why using them is crucial, and how to choose them before we look at them.
What is a Project Management Software Tools?
Project management software tools have been developed to assist an individual or teams in effectively organizing and managing their projects and operations. PM tools are often used to refer to project management software and other project management tools that you can purchase or even utilize for free online.
Planning, organizing, and managing resources can be done with project management software (PMS), which can also be used to estimate resources. Depending on the amount of sophistication, the tool can manage administrative processes, communication, decision-making, quality management, estimating and planning, scheduling, cost control, and budget management. Project management software is widely available as PC or browser-based services.
What makes a Project Management Tool so important for a company?
Your team will require project management assistance in planning, managing, and carrying out the task to meet the project’s requirements on time. Using a project management programme will help your team collaborate more effectively, organise all the details of your business in one place, and share feedback and progress more readily. These tools can help agencies to
- Manage administrative processes,
- Manage communication,
- Help in decision-making,
- Help in quality management,
- Estimate and plan,
- Wisely schedule various tasks and processes,
- Control the cost,
- Help in budget management.
How to Choose Right Project Management Tools?
Now that you know the purposes of project management tools and software, you may ask how to Choose the right project management tool. With the wide range of choices available in the market, you can pick the correct PM tool for your company by asking yourself the following questions:
- The project management platform is expected to be used by how many employees? Does that fulfil your requirement?
- Price Range: Can you try the tool out first? Are there any free options for smaller teams?
- Important traits required: Does the software provide solutions to your issues?
- Scalability: Can it be modified to accommodate shifting project management needs?
- Usefulness: Is it easy to use the project management tool? Will your people be able to use it?
By answering these questions, you may narrow down your alternatives and select the best project management tool for your business.
Key Benefits of Project Management Software Tools
Using project management software tools has a number of benefits. Some of these includes:
- Improved planning and scheduling.
- increased collaboration
- employed remotely
- Effective task delegation.
- Quicker access to and sharing of files.
- More straightforward incorporating new member’s
- effective risk mitigation.
- Budgetary management.
Top 20 Project Management Software Tools
Here are the 20 top project management software tools that can boost your project management process.
The project management features of Monday.com, which include reports, a calendar, tools for time monitoring and planning, and other tools, can be beneficial for your organization. Companies of varied sizes can benefit from this project management tool.
- It provides powerful tools for teamwork.
- integration of external software
- There isn’t a cost-free choice on Monday.com.
- Changing between the project’s points of view is difficult.
- Free trial.
- Basic Plan: $25/ 5 users/month.
- Standard: $39/ 5 users/month.
- Pro: $59 / 5users/month.
- Enterprise: On quote.
The platform ClickUp contains hundreds of features, including task and project management, and it can be customized. Thanks to ClickUp’s user-friendly project management software, your team will continue to be effective, efficient, and stress-free. It may be integrated with over a thousand different software programmes.
- ClickUp is compatible with all current browsers, as well as Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android gadgets.
- It has a flexible platform that may be used in several ways.
- Numerous integrations are accessible.
- The dashboard cannot be exported.
- Free plan
- Unlimited: $5 per member per month
- Business: $9 per member per month
- Enterprise: Get a quote.
Nifty PM really shines when it comes to combining various tools to cover each stage of a project cycle. The road map is amazing, and it strikes the perfect mix between daily tasks and long-term planning (tasks, files, and collaboration).
- attractive and simple UI.
- One of the main advantages is its ease to use and switch.
- Amazing support team.
- Nothing worth mentioning, in my opinion.
- Starter: $39 per month
- Pro: $79 per month
- Business: $124 per month
- Enterprise: Contact them to get a quote.
For client businesses, Teamwork is a flexible and comprehensive project management tool. The ability to give tasks to particular team members or the entire team is one of the available advanced features. It features effective filters that make information drilling easier. The workflows can be modified to meet your needs.
- Teamwork offers tools for real-time collaboration.
- It is an all-inclusive project management tool.
- It has effective reporting tools.
- No such negatives to mention.
- Free Forever
- Deliver: $10 per user per month
- Grow: $18 per user per month
- Scale: Get a quote
- Free trial for 30 days
- Annual billing
5. Zoho Projects
The online project management tool Zoho Projects offers a flexible solution to typical issues in project management activities. The planning of a project determines its value. Project preparation requires less time when using Zoho Projects software, allowing the remaining time to be used for urgent tasks.
The Zoho Projects software has an online forum that enables team members to communicate even when they are geographically apart.
- The UI of Zoho Projects is simple to use.
- It can be integrated with apps from both third parties and Zoho.
- No such negatives to mention.
- Free trial: 10 days
- Free plan for 3 users.
- Premium: $5 per user per month.
- Enterprise: $10 per user per month.
Because of how simple, intuitive, and easy to use it is, MeisterTask is one of Europe’s best project and task management software.
Breaking projects down into tasks, adding them to custom workflows, and displaying them on appealingly designed, digital Kanban-style boards are the finest ways to visually track progress from conception to completion.
- Task automation, mobile apps, and links to all of your chosen tools, such as G Suite, Harvest, Office 365, Microsoft Teams, Zapier, GitHub, Zendesk, MindMeister, and many others.
- For Linux, there isn’t desktop software,
- The time tracking function may be improved.
- Basic: Free
- Personal: $2.49 per month
- Pro: $4.19 per month
- Business: $6.29 per month
Freshservice, a fully functional project management tool, can supervise projects from planning to conclusion. Your projects will be organized, managed, and tracked from beginning to end with the help of Freshservice.
- You can oversee the projects from planning to completion.
- It provides you all the resources you need to monitor and manage all of the tickets, revisions, and assets connected to your projects.
- The ability to divide projects into tasks and subtasks makes it easier to assign them to particular owners or collaborators.
- According to reviews, its customization possibilities are insufficient for small businesses.
- It has some limitations on how well it can integrate.
- Free trial available for 21 days
- Blossom: $19 per agent per month
- Garden: $49 per agent per month
- Estate: $79 per agent per month
- Forest: $99 per agent per month
Hive offers a range of project management options, including the Gantt chart, Kanban board, table, and calendar. All adjustments will be automatically reflected in all project views. You can easily switch perspectives. It functions as a productivity platform and enables the integration of a huge number of apps.
- Hive provides a fully integrated email inbox that lets you send and receive emails.
- It provides monitoring capabilities akin to Hive analytics.
- It takes some time to get acclimated to the customer management procedure.
- A project request cannot have more than one file attached.
- There isn’t a mobile application, to put it simply.
- Basic: $12 /user/month.
Planning, organizing, and collaborative writing are all handled using Favro, an all-in-one agile solution. It provides every feature and functionality required to support your unique working style.
It is the best option for your project management requirements, regardless of how quickly your team members, goals, or priorities change. To assist in project management, it offers cards, boards, collections, and relationships.
- Programmable boards that allow for real-time coordination from a single location
- Collections provide a comprehensive view of numerous boards.
- Relations will demonstrate communication across teams and verticals.
- No such negatives to mention.
- Free trial for 14 days
- Lite: $25.5 per month
- Standard: $34 per month
- Enterprise: $63.75 per month.
Cross-functional and development teams can use Backlog’s mobile apps, which is an all-in-one project management platform.
- Easy to set up and quick to start
- It is simple to download, log in, and completely integrate the desktop version with mobile devices.
- Simple user interface that is simple to learn and use for beginners. This makes the tool advantageous for non-development teams that require it for task or project management.
- Contrary to Confluence and Bitbucket, Backlog comes with both a Wiki and Git/SVN; users are not required to buy either separately.
- The unlimited user membership from Backlog is a budget-friendly choice for bigger (or smaller) organizations.
- There are numerous limitations on integration.
- Free version,
- Starter: $35/month
- Standard: $100/Month
- Premium: $175/Month
- Enterprise: On Quote
GanttPro is the best project management software for small teams since it is easy to use and full of features. Don’t expect customized reports or dashboards, though.
- affordably priced
- The critical path feature, kanban board view, and custom task fields are all very well made and easy to use.
- Dashboards and reporting tools are not customizable.
- Fewer integrations and there are no invoices or bills generation capability.
- Basic: $7.99/user/month
- Pro: $12.99/user/month
- Business: $19.99/user/month
- Enterprise: On Quote
CoSchedule is an intuitive project management tool for the marketing industry that was developed to help marketers stay organized with their work. It improves business visibility by combining all project workflows into a single cross-functional calendar. The options for creativity have been increased by the ability to view all projects, tasks, due dates, and ship dates in one area.
- Scheduling and post-generation are both simple.
- They make it simple to replace empty spots with recycled material using their ReQueue tool.
- Excellent help from the Facebook community.
- The mobile app functions without any issues.
- quite expensive.
- The admin interface might need to be improved.
- Pro: $29 per user / month
Celoxis has a lot to offer for medium-sized or large enterprises in terms of a project management app, especially for decision-makers and business owners. Some of Celoxis’ features, advanced scheduling, integrate real-world elements like resource time off, several time zones, part-time resources, working weekends, etc. Users can automatically send reports as an attachment in an email to a group of users as well as roll up data collected from custom fields to the subtasks to summarize tasks and projects.
- Wonderful resource management, budgeting, and time tracking
- Can be quickly set up
- Simple to use.
- No proofreading tools
- Neither billing nor invoicing features
- Nothing is for free
- Cloud: $22.50/user/Month
- On-premise: $450/user
LiquidPlanner is a powerful online tool for managing tasks, workloads, projects, and more. It can automatically and dynamically schedule work for your entire team even when circumstances change.
- intelligent, automated scheduling
- best and worst-case scenarios for activities and projects
- for a variety of materials, rich management and insight tools
- Professional and Ultimate plans incorporate good timekeeping.
- Setting up projects and learning to use them requires a lot of time.
- There is no interactive Gantt chart.
- Essential: $15/user/Month
- Professional: $25/user/Month
- Ultimate: $35/user/Month
ProofHub, a project management programme, strives for simplicity without sacrificing essential capabilities. It is a brilliant tool to promote teamwork. It is reasonably priced even for small teams.
- Quick and easy setup
- reasonably priced
- a nice balancing of complexity and features
- Good resources for talking about visual materials
- occasionally loads slowly
- budgetary tools are lacking
- Ultimate Control: $89/Month
- Essential: $45/Month
Redmine is a free and open-source web-based project management and problem tracking tool. Users are able to manage a variety of projects and connected side projects. It contains time tracking, wikis and forums dedicated to individual projects, and flexible, role-based access control.
Redmine is the best option when you require a free and open-source project management application. It focuses on issue- and bug-tracking and is particularly designed for development teams, who can also install and maintain it.
- Including time estimates, dependencies, Gantt charts, and project wikis, open-source software is free and customizable.
- requires independent setup and maintenance
- Nothing to back it up (beyond the online community)
- Favors programmers; not suitable for all teams or projects
- Starts at $25 per month
If you’re willing to invest the time to learn what Smartsheet is capable of and how to customize it to meet your needs, it may become your go-to tool for project management as well as other collaborative business tasks.
- Enables automation, web form input, proofreading, and approvals because of its extreme adaptability.
- For resource management, budgeting, and time tracking, you’ll require partner software, which has additional fees.
- The pages are not instantly saved or saved after each keystroke.
- Pro: $7/user/Month
- Business: $25/user/Month
- Enterprise: On Quote
Because it is so user-friendly for novices, TeamGantt is an excellent project management tool for small organisations. However, using more efficient communication methods might be beneficial.
- Gantt charts that are incredibly interactive and intuitive
- A fantastic educational tool that automatically resolves dependencies
- Functionalities for conversations, notifications, and uploaded files may be enhanced.
- No accounting or billing equipment
- Typical reports
- Lite: $19/Month/ manager
- Pro: $49/Month/ manager
- Enterprise: $99/Month/ manager
Wrike helps teams manage projects and ongoing work efficiently. Although it is easy to use and has many possibilities, getting started without help from customer service is nearly difficult.
- The usability
- There are specific account categories for marketing and creative teams as well as professional services.
- able to manage both ongoing work and projects
- New intelligent features identify projects that are in danger of falling behind schedule.
- Choosing the right plan without customer support is difficult.
- Professional: $9.80/user/Month
- Business: $24.80/user/Month
- Enterprise: On Quote
- Pinnacle: On Quote
ProProfs Project is one of the easy-to-use and feature-rich project management tools designed to make managing, tracking, and finishing projects for businesses of all sizes simple and easy. It brings all of your projects together under one roof so that your teams may work together on them. They can communicate about challenges, transfer data while on the go, provide input in task comments, and get real-time project updates.
You can assign and prioritize tasks and track and complete them with the tool’s assistance. You can also produce invoices and manage billable and non-billable hours and timesheets for each team member.
- Easy to use
- A lot of scopes is there for customization
- Superb client service
- Intuitive and scalable
- More templates can be added
- Essentials – $2/user/month
- Premium – $4/user/month
🤔 Q: What are the 4 types of project management?
✅ Ans: Project managers can be divided into four different types.
- Technical Project Manager.
- Adventurous Project Manager.
- Expert Project Manager.
- Supportive Project Manager.
🤔 Q: What are the top three categories that project management software belongs in?
✅ Ans: The three categories of project management tools are:
- Each user’s project management software is set up by a single person using a single view, such as a spreadsheet view.
- The tools that collaborative project management software offers to enable employees to work on their terms and within the parameters of their specific roles include real-time editing and task-assignment functions.
- Integrated project management software allows for the management and tracking of several projects.
🤔 Q: Can I share my projects with anyone outside of my business?
✅ Ans: You can allow people from outside your firm to examine project schedules and offer comments on processes and tasks using a number of project management tools. Even while it may have limited functionality when it comes to creating and assigning tasks, the guest feature is nevertheless helpful in cases where your team is working with Consultants, freelancers, or anybody else who might not be a full-time employee at your company.
🤔 Q: What justifies the need for project management software?
✅ Ans: A corporate project can be planned, coordinated, budgeted for, and its progress tracked using project management software. Additionally, it unites a team around shared goals so that everyone is working toward a successful project end. Without software that employees can join and use from their own devices wherever and whenever they work in remote teams, expanding businesses, or across multiple divisions, this can be difficult to accomplish.
🤔 Q: Is project management software secure?
✅ Ans: Like other software types, the best project management software solutions have a number of security options. When choosing this kind of software, you should search for security features like two-factor authentication or multifactor authentication (MFA), documentation that shows regular security updates and patches, intrusion detection, the capacity to track user activity, data encryption, and privacy protection.
This article provides a comprehensive list of the most popular project management software.
Depending on the job, selecting the best tool can change. It is based on the project’s requirements, the development process, the client’s preferences, the program’s cost, and other factors.
One can select the best tool from the list above by comparing all the variables.