Every industry, business, and the team have marketing goals. Your organisation might wish to keep tabs on website traffic, build its social media following, or prioritize lead generation. You can use marketing reporting tools to monitor the success or failure of various marketing campaigns, regardless of your area of interest.
A solid marketing reporting tool may Considerably enhance your digital marketing efforts. Here is a brief description of some well-known marketing reporting tools available in 2022.
What is Marketing Reporting?
Marketing reporting entails gathering and analyzing marketing analytics in order to guide future marketing decisions, strategies, and performance. You can utilize the information in marketing reports to make crucial decisions and achieve organizational-wide goals.
Why are Marketing Reporting Tools Important for Businesses?
Custom marketing reports can be created, and marketing success can be assessed by using the appropriate marketing reporting tools. By thoroughly understanding marketing reports, marketing professionals may execute their tasks more efficiently and create profitable marketing campaigns without spending much of their own money.
These reporting tools for marketers facilitate the creation of analytical reports. Using the right tools, reports for the PPC campaign and social media can also be made. These technologies boost workflow effectiveness and provide focused automation. Their application prevents potential effort waste while also saving time and money.
How to Choose the Right Marketing Reporting Tool?
Choosing the right marketing reporting tool is the key to profitable marketing campaigns. Below are the key points to keep in mind while assessing the marketing reporting tools.
- Real-time reporting: Unless you are specifically producing a static report, all of your reporting should be done in real-time so that you may take action based on the most relevant information. If you don’t receive real-time updates, you can be making decisions based on outdated information.
- Dynamic dashboards: In order for you to acquire the information you truly require, interactive reports are essential. If you notice something is off with these dashboards, you can also dive further into the information.
- Customization: Make sure the marketing reporting tool enables you to produce reports the way you want.
- Standardised templates: If you’re just starting with universal reporting, look for a platform that offers pre-built templates and suggestions for what you can report on, depending on the size and scope of your organisation.
- Integrations: ensure that the marketing reporting tool you pick is able to integrate with various other tools and platforms to make your work easier.
- Pricing: Pricing is the point not to be missed. Always select a marketing reporting tool that is within your budget while offering you the maximum features you are looking for.
- Usability: You’ll use this device frequently. Before committing fully, see if you can have a free trial of the marketing reporting tool. Introduce the tool to a few key team members and stakeholders.
Think about the following:
- How easy is it to use?
- Is it simple to use the tool?
- Can non-technical people easily find the information they need?
- Does it function nicely with the tools you already own?
- How often are reports generated?
Key Benefits of Marketing Reporting Tools
Every business produces a significant amount of data daily, which must be correctly analyzed and presented to give knowledge that enables organizations to direct their operations in the appropriate directions. If you have the proper reporting tools for marketers at your disposal, you may be able to overcome your challenges with digital marketing and become an expert at what you do. The following are some benefits you will get as a result of incorporating the best marketing reporting tools into your operational processes:
- Not dependent on manual labour: By employing a marketing reporting tool, you can quickly compile your data into a single dashboard, freeing up time to use vital information to draw the most clients to your business.
- When data analysis and reporting tasks are completed manually, there is a higher chance of errors. The likelihood of inaccuracies can be entirely eliminated through the implementation of automatic reporting systems.
- Using marketing reporting systems, data from numerous marketing channels can be combined and shown on a single dashboard.
- The manual reporting process is time-Consuming and prone to errors. You can streamline your reporting process using the right marketing reporting tools.
Here is a list of the top 20 marketing reporting tools you can Consider while selecting the best tool.
Top 20 Marketing Reporting Tools
1. Google Analytics
Google Analytics, a marketing reporting tool utilised by many websites, is one of the greatest tools in your toolbox. This tool lets you get detailed reports of website users, visitors, live traffic counts, bounce rates, and goal conversion.
The programme collects website statistics into aesthetically pleasing reports that you may use to enhance the strategies used by your business. Even better, you may manage numerous accounts across different platforms without having to manage multiple accounts on other platforms by creating additional profiles for other websites.
- It uses machine learning rather than third-party cookies to give reliable information.
- The application offers user-centric data on your potential customers’ psychographics, demographics, behaviours, and other profiles for more specialised marketing.
- To provide you with a single source of data, Google Analytics connects to a variety of different platforms, such as Google Ads, Google AdSense, and Google Search Console.
- For new users, the volume of functions and reports may be daunting.
- Learning how to use and customise the tool to meet your needs takes time.
- 360: On Quote
SEMrush is a versatile marketing reporting tool that may help you learn more about marketing and increase your online visibility. You’ll receive access to crucial tools and information for campaign management, SEO, rank tracking, and keyword and competition research.
- Using the tool, you may fine-tune your SEO strategy by getting competitor knowledge.
- Because it has good user support, you won’t be left in the dark if you have a technical problem.
- The app’s user-friendly design allows you to access its various features easily.
- The lack of some functions prevents you from using the programme to its full potential.
The three Pricing plans Semrush offers are:
- Pro: $199.95 /month
- Guru: $229.95/month
- Business: $449.95/month
3. Moz Pro
You may monitor links, optimise web pages, analyse competitors, check your ranking, and audit your site with the Moz Pro marketing reporting tool. The reports generated by the tool help you create SEO plans that deliver the desired outcomes.
- It offers detailed reports that aid in your understanding of how site visitors interact with your content.
- The tools report helps you identify and fix SEO problems on your site.
- There are numerous features that you must keep note of.
- It’s a pricey SEO remedy.
- Standard: $79 /month when you pay yearly
- Medium: $143 /month when you pay yearly
- Large: $239 /month when you pay yearly
- Premium: $479 /month when you pay yearly
This marketing reporting tool offers detailed reports on competitor analysis, keyword research, website audits, and rank tracking. Your organic search engine rating can be improved with the help of the reports provided by Ahrefs marketing reporting tool.
- It offers a variety of payment options, allowing businesses to select the one that best meets their requirements.
- You can get fresh content ideas using Ahrefs’ keyword suggestions reports.
- Expensive payment options.
- It takes some getting used to and mastering the user interface.
- Lite: Starts at $ 99/month
- Standard: Starts at $199/month
- Advanced: Starts at $ 399/month
- Enterprise: Starts at $ 999/month
Another well-known marketing reporting tool, ClickMeter, creates reports that let you compare and track your links to increase conversion rates.
It aids in creating real-time reports and sharing these reports with your clients.
- Simple to Use
- Strong Reporting
- Strong API with Lots of Redirection Options
- Outdated documentation,
- lack of a WordPress plugin,
- lack of landing pages,
- does not track UTM codes
💰 Pricing Plan
- Free trial: $0/month
- Medium: $29/month
- Large: $99/month
- X-Large: $99/month
Mixpanel is a solution for marketing reporting that may provide you with a wealth of information about the users and behaviours of your digital product. It employs an interactive dashboard to understand user-based events in your products thoroughly.
- Reports on the user flow and funnel analysis can be used to improve your product for various people.
- You can focus on specific data sets using reports for fine-grained segmentation.
- The user interface of the event tracking dashboard might be enhanced even further to make navigating simpler.
- Growth: Starting at $25/month
- Enterprise: On Quote
AgencyAnalytics offers automatic White Label reporting, giving clients access to data through personalised dashboards. Additionally, it has SEO tools like a rank tracker and backlink manager.
- Offers SEO tools and reporting on a single platform.
- dashboards that can be adjusted to meet the demands of each client.
- There are numerous dashboard templates.
- Only their Agency plan offers White Label possibilities.
- For certain organisations, customising imported data could be too elementary.
- 14 days free trial
- Start at $10/mo per campaign
DashThis, an intuitive dashboard solution, offers White Label reporting on data gathered from different marketing sources. Automated reporting strives to benefit all clients by reducing time, including smaller businesses, marketing teams, and independent contractors.
- Presentation of data that is visually pleasing is crucial.
- Updates to the dashboard are easy.
- connections that open up popular marketing data sources rapidly.
- The number of dashboards determines the price (reports). This may benefit smaller agencies and internal marketing teams, but it may be too expensive for larger firms that need to create several reports for numerous clients.
- Free 15 Days Trial
- Paid plans: start at $39/mo with limited features.
- Premium plans: start at $129/mo.
PowerMetrics (built for internal teams) and Klips are two optional services that Klipfolio, a dashboard reporting tool, provides to encourage team collaboration (for agencies with multiple clients). Applying ready-made dashboard templates will enable you to get going quickly after the connected marketing channels. Then, you can further modify it using their visual editor, or you may create your own from scratch.
- The variety of dashboard templates enables quick setup.
- A simple-to-use but powerful tool for data visualisation.
- Connects to most of the most popular marketing channels.
- The learning curve can be relatively steep for people who are less familiar with Excel, SQL, and database architecture.
- White Label goods are only available at a high price.
- Premium: start at $142/mo
- Pro plan: $349/mo.
Databox is a popular application for tracking and sharing KPIs from data sources via in-browser dashboards. More than 350 pre-made templates are available to assist you in getting started quickly for various enterprises. The ability to link different dashboards together to create a single master report is provided through a feature they include called “Looped Dashboards.”
- Dashboards can be easily read
- The dashboard has attractive graphics
- Allows you to connect dashboards to build thorough reports by integrating with “Looped Dashboards.”
- Costlier as compared to other tools in the same category
- Professional plan: starts at $169/mo
Web-based marketing reporting software called Megalytic is a prominent tool for businesses. Megalytic Reporting and Megalytic for Google Data Studio are the two services it provides. Both programmes are designed to help you save time and money by fully automating the reporting process and scheduling the distribution of reports to clients. Because of its White Label features and capacity to rapidly publish reports in many languages, Megalytic can be helpful for global agencies.
- White Label features are available on all plans
- the intuitive user interface
- multilingual reporting.
- It is expensive
- Free Trial
- Basic: $39.99/month
- Premium: $199.99/month
- Enterprise: $399.98/month
12. Power BI for Office 365
The business analytics tool Power BI for Office 365 includes ad hoc analysis, marketing collaboration, data publication and sharing, built-in interactive visualisations, AI-powered data modelling, and more.
Because it is a Microsoft product, Power BI does well in our usability review criteria. MS typically has a smaller learning curve for the core usage of their products, even if it’s just because of the semi-familiar user interface (UX) from the extensive use of Excel, Word, and other programmes.
- Switching over is easy if your data was previously stored in Excel.
- For the Pro plan, a single dataset may not exceed 1GB in size.
- extreme CPU usage
- Small businesses cannot afford the fee.
- Pro: $9.99/month
- Premium: $20/month
13. Google Data Studio
The marketing reporting tool Google Data Studio can be used by those who want to go beyond what Google Analytics offers. Data Studios gathers information from various sources, including Google Analytics, Google Ad Words, and Google Sheets.
Data Studios is a free service offered by Google, like many others. As a result, the evaluation criteria gave it a high rating for Value for Money.
- a superb collection of data from advertising platforms
- Free to use and easily publish reports with a public URL
- Finding paperwork could be difficult.
- Google possesses the best technologies for data integration.
- You need a Google account to utilize.
Whatagraph is a platform for social media reporting and marketing analytics that includes, among other features, multi-channel reports, branded white-label, team management, filtering options, pre-made templates, image upload, and comments.
- Automatically generated reports that seem good
- Add channels and accounts quickly
- The same measure may be easily compared across numerous data sources.
- High monthly expense
- 51+ data sources with the most restrictive plan
- Occasionally, sources falter.
- Professional: $199/Month
- Premium: $339/Month
- Custom: On quote
To help you collect and utilize business data, the Octoboard platform provides white-label client portals, TV dashboard templates, leaderboard creation, sharing cloud data insights, Slack chat connection, and more capabilities.
Octoboard features a low initial cost and is comparatively easy to use. Small- to medium-sized businesses ought to think about it.
- Clients have their own dashboard login for white label client portals hosted on your website.
- A business plan is necessary for a client list of more than 20 people.
- No entry-level plan offers SQL databases or data mashups.
- Reports that compare data points might benefit from more personalization.
- Starter: Eur 15/Month
- Growth: Eur 25/Month
- Teams: Eur 39/Month
Ad hoc searches, a drag-and-drop user interface, strong filter choices, full tablet support, dashboards dedicated to specific roles (marketing, finance, sales, etc.), and more are features of the 2012-founded worldwide data analytics system Datapine.
Datapine offers a terrific dashboard design and a tonne of easy-to-use functionality. The drag-and-drop capabilities will appeal to non-technical users, while advanced users will value the deeper access to the SQL mode. Everyone can find something there.
- trustworthy interactive dashboards
- PNG, PDF, CSV, or URL (browser)-based dynamic reports
- Data queries can be quickly built using drag and drop.
- Some sophisticated capabilities require users to be familiar with SQL.
- More dashboard themes for particular industries would be beneficial.
- Changes to the desktop display are necessary for mobile dashboards.
- All-in-One: $ 33/month
- Analytics: $11/month
17. Zoho Social
This marketing reporting tool contains all the resources you require to succeed on social media. To maximise engagement, you may utilise Zoho social to plan your posts at the best moments when your target audience is online. You can use Zoho’s best-time forecasts or create your own publication schedule.
- Timing errors are reduced when content is prepared in advance.
- It combines a variety of social networking platforms into a single, uncomplicated interface.
- Thanks to the free trial and free version that are offered, you can evaluate the features before purchasing the premium version.
- Customer service is slow.
- Standard: ₹600/month billed annually
- Professional: ₹1,725/month billed annually
- Premium ₹2,595/month billed annually
This Sendible provides in-depth reports for social media platforms like Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook. Using the software’s tens of thousands of criteria, you can make unique reports suited to your campaigns. You’ll also discover when to post, who your most engaged followers are, and which marketing strategies work best, all of which can help you produce more specialized content.
- Using the scheduling features, you can easily post to many social media profiles.
- Multiple social media profiles can be managed from a single location.
- You can test out the features for free prior to selecting one of the premium subscriptions.
- There is no free version available to test the features before deciding whether to upgrade or not.
- Because you can’t pick your preferred video thumbnail, your options are limited.
- Creator: $29 /month billed monthly
- Traction: $89/month billed monthly
- Scale: $199 /month billed monthly
- Expansion: $399 /month billed monthly
ReportDash enables you to create fully customizable reports and dashboards using all of your important marketing data sources, including Google Adwords, Google Search Console, Facebook Insights, Facebook Ads, and Snapchat Ads.
This marketing reporting software streamlines data, which also facilitates decision-making.
- An excellent tool for marketing reporting
- One source of excellent, affordable social media reporting
- A smart dashboard to keep track of all your analytics
- It is easy and affordable to report on social media’s effectiveness.
- a useful and advantageous method for gathering information
- Extracting reports is not possible without tying a particular account to them.
- The number of stats is too low.
- It requires UI and UX improvements.
- Solo: $19/mo
- Professional: $79/mo
- Agency: $149/mo
- Enterprise: $249/mo
Analytics dashboards, Excel file auto-preparation, heat map charts, map animation, a median/mode aggregator, data merging, and other capabilities are available through Dundas, a flexible dashboard, marketing reporting, and analytics platform.
- Plans have the option of using concurrent or named seats.
- full open APIs to mix a huge number of data sources
- Data visualisations are entirely under the control of the client.
- Plans are not the most advantageous choice for small businesses.
- More difficult learning curve than competing goods
- There are no 3D images offered.
Digital marketing is the way of the future and the present. As more and more firms move their operations online, there is a mad rush to become the best marketer in the internet sector. You can benefit from the aforementioned digital marketing reporting tools to save time and maximise the outcomes of your digital marketing efforts, and analyze the solutions that are best suited to your demands.
Q: What should be included in a marketing report?
A: A strong marketing report must have these five factors:
- Client-specific information
- Site specifics.
- A Google Data
- Information from social media
- information from online marketing initiatives.
Q: How can marketing reports be improved?
A: To Improve Your Marketing Reporting:
- Be trustworthy.
- Maintain a record of your membership.
- Follow the News in Your Neighborhood.
- Evaluation of Retention Over Time
- Beware of volunteers.
Q: What format should the marketing report have?
A: The Marketing report should have:
- The market analysis must include this as a key component.
- Opening Remarks: This section includes the reporter’s observations about the market as a whole.
- The report’s body is the most crucial section of the market analysis.
- Conclusion, concludes the market analysis.
Q: What are marketing reports used for?
A: A marketing report, which is a collection of data, aims to analyse the effectiveness of a specific marketing campaign or endeavour. It is intended to concisely communicate a business’ marketing strategy, including its goals, objectives, advertising tactics, and anticipated outcomes.
Q: What are daily marketing reports?
A: Daily marketing reports are created for internal company needs. Because they are more recent, they can be used to understand changes in market dynamics, product demand, and competition risks. Daily reports on marketing are produced by teams for:
- statistics from SEO showing website analytics
- daily changes to search engine keywords and page rankings