Nowadays, the majority of organizations use marketing automation in some form or the other; data shows that this number is currently around 51% of businesses and is rapidly increasing.
According to a 2018 Forrester survey, 55% of marketing decision-makers want to raise their technology spending, with a quarter of the respondents forecasting an increase of at least 10%.
All of this suggests that you might want to reconsider using marketing automation software in 2022 if you haven’t already.
With too many choices available in the market, businesses have a tough time when selecting a marketing automation tool. Below, we’ve made an effort to give you a brief summary of the various marketing automation systems.
What is Marketing Automation?
Businesses can target customers with automated marketing communications using channels like email, websites, social media, and text messages to generate sales leads all thanks to marketing automation tools. These tools help businesses in lead creation and nurturing, scoring, targeting, and optimizing the complete customer experience.
Why are Marketing Automation Tools Crucial for Businesses?
A marketing automation tool can be used for a range of functions, such as lead creation and nurturing, scoring, targeting, and optimizing the complete customer experience. It can handle repetitive tasks on a massive scale, allowing your company to deal with higher-order problems while minimizing manual work and human error.
Additionally, based on your marketing and sales strategy as well as the Consumer information you already have, you may create an automation workflow. As your lead advances through the customer journey, the system automatically sends appropriate alerts at the right time to correlate with the client’s particular activities or predetermined milestones. Such procedures can also be altered or established from scratch at any time during the campaign in order to produce the best results using a marketing automation tool.
What is the Marketing Automation Tool Selection Process?
To assist you in choosing the best marketing automation technology, we’ve highlighted a few factors to consider before investing:
- Pricing: The most crucial factor you must consider when buying a platform is its price.
- Size of the business and scalability: The bulk of marketing automation service providers offer various Pricing tiers based on the size of the firm. If you have a small firm and don’t expect to manage more than a thousand leads per month, there is no need to sign up for a huge membership that gives you access to a million leads per month. You can always negotiate with the company you choose for a software version that is specifically tailored for your company even if they don’t provide a subscription that is the appropriate size for your organization.
- Features set: Marketing automation, according to a study from Nuclear Research, can increase your sales productivity by 14.5%. As a result, when choosing a marketing automation solution with the most extensive set of features, you should be as picky as you can.
- CRM integration: The capacity of your marketing automation platform to integrate with your CRM should be a key decision Consideration during your search.
- Usage of API: It’s a plus if they make the platform’s API available to you.
- Consumer Assistance: Another crucial factor is the customer support provided by the service provider.
- Customer feedback: While looking for the best marketing automation software, make sure to read the endorsements and customer reviews that have been put on the service provider’s website.
- Training: Your workers will need at least some training to become familiar with the program, regardless of how well-designed a marketing automation tool’s usability may be. Find out if corporate training is included in your membership, and if not, inquire about adding it.
Major Benefits of Marketing Automation Tools
The best part is that marketing automation software can help you predict customer behavior and preferences so you can choose the best times and channels for marketing to them. The key benefits of employing marketing automation solutions are as follows.
1. “One Team, One Goal”
If the sales and marketing teams at your firm aren’t collaborating well, one way to fix the situation is to implement a marketing automation platform.
2. Increased Efficiency
Human mistakes are unavoidable when the sales and marketing staff is preoccupied with manual follow-up and other tasks. By employing marketing automation technologies, you might, however, save countless hours, send important and timely emails, and possibly accomplish more with less.
3. Enhancing Customer Experience
To provide customers with a unique and catered experience, marketing automation tools can personalize how they connect with them across a variety of channels.
4. More Effective Lead Generation
A company’s growth depends on generating leads, but it takes a lot of fine-tuning to convert a lead into a customer. You might gain from using a marketing automation tool to automate your lead nurturing procedure.
5. Better Knowledge for Smarter Decisions
Ever wondered what your clients are contemplating? With the help of marketing automation tools, you can make smarter decisions. It’s easy to gather essential client information. Track the KPIs of your marketing automation efforts to see if your efforts are paying off.
Important Parameters when Assessing Marketing Automation Tools
Consider the key features and usefulness of the marketing automation tool when evaluating it. Additionally, you need to be aware of any extra fees related to utilizing the product. You should pay special attention to the software’s capacity to fulfill the goals and objectives of your inbound marketing. The platform’s features, capabilities, Pricing, clientele, and financial security of the company are other major aspects you should keep in mind while evaluating a marketing automation tool for your business.
Top 22 Marketing Automation Tools to Automate your Business
You can start with the tools on the list below when it comes to making a choice for the best marketing automation tool.
Small and medium-sized enterprises are the primary target market for ActiveCampaign, an email marketing, and marketing automation software. Numerous sophisticated marketing automation features, a CRM, and a visual flow designer are all included.
- extremely sophisticated marketing automation features.
- Integrated CRM.
- Builder of visual workflows.
- Lack of crucial SaaS connectors with applications like HubSpot, Stripe, and Segment.com
- The tool can be intimidating when you first use it because of its intricacy.
- Unreliable email editor.
- Lite: Starts from $15 a month
- Plus: Starts from $70 a month
- Professional: Starts from $159 a month
- Enterprise: Starts from $279 a month
2. Pabbly Connect
Pabbly Connect is an integration platform that enables you to automate time-consuming tasks through completely automated workflows. A new process can be started by selecting a trigger alone, and it can then be further customized by adding filters, actions, and field mappings.
|Annual Revenue||$5.0M – $10.0M|
|Industry||Computers Electronics and Technology > Graphics Multimedia and Web Design|
|Audience Demographics||58.84% Male and 41.16% Female|
|Age Group||25 – 34-year-old (Desktop)|
- Business operations can be made more efficient with its tools.
- 800+ app integration
- A variety of plans are available at different levels of pricing, with all features included.
- Many internal apps for easier and better working
- Whether you choose individual tools or the entire bundle, the software is very reasonably priced.
- 100% free internal tasks
- Pabbly offers many discounts.
- Many video tutorials
- Pricing plans can be customized.
- Very positive response to feedback
- There is a simplicity to all of the tools and they are very user-friendly
- The software does not support mobile devices.
- No live chat support
- Because there are so many options for pricing, it can be a bit confusing.
- No autosave in workflows
- Starter – The starter is available at just $15 which gives you unlimited workflow, 12,000 tasks, multi-step calls, instant triggers, etc.
- Rookie – 50,000 tasks, including all the features of the Starter plan, at an affordable price of $25/month.
- Pabbly Connect also offers custom AdvancedPricing.
With WATI, you can communicate with your customers via WhatsApp, helping your business to generate more sales and leads. By using this tool, your company will be able to run a WhatsApp marketing campaign with maximum presence. Now your business can showcase its offerings to customers and reach potential clients.
For businesses that want to increase sales and conversion rates, WATI is essential for connecting with their customers and providing them with the information they need. By using Wati, businesses can reach more people and offer more information to them so that they can make a purchasing decision. Wati allows businesses to focus on their marketing campaigns and leave the customer engagement messaging to the experts.
|Annual Revenue||$1.0M – $2.0M|
|Industry||Computers Electronics and Technology > Other Computers Electronics and Technology|
|Audience Demographics||60.60% Male and 39.40% Female|
|Age Group||25 – 34 Year Old (Desktop)|
- Easy to use for business purposes to reach customers via WhatsApp.
- Multiple agent login efficiencies.
- Team collaborations with private notes and messages.
- Quick replies and automated custom parameters.
- An advanced and comprehensive communication tool.
- Extensive native integrations.
- It is Costly
- Only focused on WhatsApp.
- Standard: 2,900/Month
- Professional: 5,800/Month
- Enterprise: Custom Pricing
Oracle Eloqua is the pioneer of the “marketing automation” product category and arguably the oldest rival in the market. It has a feature set that is comparable to the bulk of available platforms for marketing automation.
- wide-ranging marketing automation features
- the ability to easily and quickly create targeted campaigns for several marketing channels.
- a successful collaboration of sales and marketing.
- services for customized deployment and integration.
- It is Costly.
- The implementation process is lengthy.
- Basic: $2,000.00 for 10 user(s) / month
- Standard: $4,000.00 for 50 user(s) / month
Pardot is the brand name of Salesforce’s marketing automation program. It offers a good range of inbound and outbound features that aid in the proper alignment of the marketing and sales departments.
- a strong interface with Salesforce.
- characteristics of an outgoing email.
- It is costly
- It is solely for use in business-to-business exchanges.
- It has a lengthy and difficult implementation process
- Growth: 1,250 USD/month up to 10,000 contacts billed annually
- Plus: 2,500 USD/month* up to 10,000 contacts billed annually
- Advanced: 4,000 USD/month* up to 10,000 contacts billed annually.
6. Keap (previously Infusionsoft)
Keap is a cost-effective, all-in-one marketing automation platform that is ideal for small service organisations and solopreneurs. Here are a few of the characteristics:
- Email promotion.
- Calendar and system for scheduling appointments
- Online sales, affiliate tracking, and checkout sites.
- regular payments
- Leading result.
- Excellent for businesses that provide services and need a single platform to manage invoices, segment and follow up with prospects, and perform email marketing campaigns.
- Affordable plans start at $79 per month with a 70% discount for the first three months.
- There are no complicated marketing automation flows.
- lacks event-based campaign automation.
- includes a $499 initial setup cost.
- Pro: $129/month
- $1548 total paid annually
- Max: $199/month
- $2388 total paid annually
- Max Classic: On quote
Act-On is an all-in-one platform for marketing automation. For a starting monthly price of $900, you gain access to the following features:
- drip advertising
- Email-specific testing
- Customer feedback
- autoresponders dynamic content
- Online forms and landing pages
- subscriber management
- adaptive lead nurturing and scoring.
- webpage observation.
- integrations with Google Ads, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Litmus.
- Only active contacts are used to determine prices.
- External email
- A self-serve approach is not available.
- There is no drag-and-drop flow builder provided.
- UI is complex
- Professional: Starting At $900 Per Month
- Enterprise: On Quote
WebEngage is full-stack marketing automation and customer data platform that helps Consumer businesses increase revenue from their current customers and anonymous users through highly contextual and personalized user engagement across channels like Mobile and Web Push Notifications, Email, SMS, In-app Messages, Facebook, Web Overlays, and WhatsApp.
Thanks to the platform’s analytical capabilities, businesses can also analyze the results of each engagement channel and get a 360° perspective of their people, goods, and campaigns.
- Journey designer for advanced lifecycle marketing and Customer Journey Mapping
- Integration with every major third-party network, including WhatsApp and Facebook
- Early-stage startups pay a high price.
- The platform does not provide any information regarding user acquisition; it only provides data on retention and engagement.
- On Quote
Mailchimp is the most well-known marketing automation platform in the market specializing in email marketing. The generous free plan, which offers up to 2,000 contacts, has attracted millions of users, and in 2017, Chimp was gaining 14,000 new customers per day.
- Free plan with a cap of 2,000 contacts.
- forms on a beautiful website.
- a simple tool for creating email templates.
- lack of a sophisticated event-based triggering
- User segmentation is awkward and challenging to use.
- Difficult to use marketing automation.
- lack of a visible flow builder
- the absence of thorough integrations with several essential apps.
- Premium: Starts at ₹23,000/month
- Standard: Starts at ₹1,150/month
- Essential: Starts at ₹770/month
Aweber is another well-known marketing automation tool. Pricing for 500 subscribers starts at $19/month, which puts it on par financially with Mailchimp. You also get the standard features that you would expect from an email marketing tool:
- segmenting lists and organizing email contacts
- Sequences (Aweber calls them autoresponders)
- Email responsiveness designs
- Reporting the findings of A/B tests
In terms of marketing automation, Aweber lags a little behind competing programs like Drip and ActiveCampaign. By examining openings, clickthroughs, and tags, you may decide who should receive what when using the marketing automation feature.
- The ability to easily and automatically create email templates from your website is fantastic.
- help that is responsive right away.
- lack of complicated events dependent on triggers.
- need for a marketing automation graphic workflow builder
- Pro: Starting at $18.75/month(Billed Annually)
Autopilot takes a very different approach to market automation than the other tools on this list. Instead of striving to create a comprehensive all-in-one tool, Autopilot helps you use the best tools that are currently available. Autopilot offers a user-friendly visual flow builder and native connectors with a number of products.
- Many native integrations.
- Concurrent integrations.
- Integrates with Segment.com
- Event’s API
- There is no Stripe integration.
- inadequate complex event-based segmentation.
- Autopilot recently raised prices without grandfathering existing clients.
- Campaign: $29/month
ConvertKit is an excellent marketing automation service for creators. It is affordably priced, starting at $29 per month for 1,000 users. Because of its native integrations with platforms like WordPress, Gumroad, Shopify, WooCommerce, Teachable, and WebinarJam, ConvertKit is a solid first choice for bloggers, authors, podcasters, and influencers.
- Relevant integrations for content creators.
- builders of forms and landing pages
- lacks connectivity and functionality.
- Creator: Starting at $9 /month
- Creator Pro: Starting at $25 /month
13. Constant Contact
Constant Contact offers only minimal email services and lacks even the most essential marketing automation features. There is no automated event-based tagging or other types of automation.
- Reasonable price. starting at $20 each month.
- landing pages, pop-ups, and connectors between WooCommerce and Shopify for online stores.
- lacks automation apart from fundamental sequences.
- Sequence creation takes time.
- There are no event-dependent messages.
- Core: Starting at ₹644/month
- Plus: Starting at ₹2900/month
Rob Walling, created Drip in 2013. Since the time this marketing automation tool was launched, a lot has changed. The platform’s name was changed to “eCommerce CRM” in 2018, and the cost went up. Drip’s starting price right now is $49 per month for 2,500 contacts.
Drip’s capability to build visual workflows, which includes event tracking, is one of its enticing features. Numerous third-party connectors can be used via the visual workflow builder as triggers and actions. As well as order metrics, built-in Shopify and WooCommerce integrations, an abandoned cart feature, and other specific eCommerce interfaces, are other prominent features of this tool.
- a wide range of great third-party integrations
- Reliable flow builder options for various triggers and actions.
- The new positioning as an eCommerce CRM is unsettling for some organizations. The roadmap for Drip places a lot of attention on eCommerce-related innovations, but it is still equally useful for other products.
- $39 per month
Sendinblue is a dependable marketing automation system that provides SMS sending, a straightforward form builder, transactional emails, tracking of website activity, and lead scoring. A marketing automation workflow builder is another feature of Sendinblue, but the Basic plan only supports 2,000 contacts, whereas the Premium plan supports an infinite number.
- The price model depends on the number of emails you send.
- Up to 300 emails, a day comes under a free plan
- Transactional emails
- There are no integrations with external parties.
- the creation of processes with few triggers and actions
- Lite: ₹1510/month
- Premium: ₹3895.5/month
- Enterprise: On Quote
Mailerlite is a cost-effective marketing automation solution that can be used by small businesses and bloggers. A user-friendly user interface, straightforward forms, pop-ups, and most recent surveys are all features of Mailerlite.
- Plans that are both inexpensive and free
- a symmetrical set of features
- The account may be suspended as a result of low open rates and CTR.
- The process builder’s actions and triggers are limited because there are no integrations with external parties.
- Free: $0
- Growing Business: $9 / month
- Advanced: $19 / month
- Enterprise: On Quote
GetResponse is one of the good products on our list of marketing automation tools. Email advertising, autoresponders, landing pages, and funnels are some of the many functions it offers.
- Starting at as $15 per month,
- Sales route
- No collaboration with external parties
- Constrained workflow builder triggers and actions.
Marketing Automation: $48.38/ Month
For data-driven online businesses in industries including SaaS, B2C, education technology, mobile apps, and marketplaces, Customer.io offers customized messaging at scale.
A platform called Customer.io is entirely devoted to behaviour-based marketing automation. User behaviour in your product and individual traits can be used to create detailed client segmentation.
- SMS, push notifications, and emails with robust event-based segmentation.
- Integration of the events API with segment.com.
- No third-party interfaces with CRMs, payment gateways, newsletter tools, etc.
- In contrast to product messaging, the customer journey cannot be automated.
- Basic: $150 minimum per month
- Premium: On Quote
HubSpot is one of the most prominent and efficient marketing automation tools in the market. Even while HubSpot offers a lot of features and mastering them all takes time, the HubSpot ecosystem can help you learn more quickly. The number of blog posts, HubSpot Academy, local user groups, and HubSpot partners are just a few of the free resources this business offers.
- Fantastic for advisors, service providers, and content creators.
- Excellent CRM functionality and live chat are both free.
- An enormous ecosystem.
- It’s wonderful if you need an all-in-one tool and has the money to buy one.
- Configuring the product to your company’s needs takes a long time.
- Free: NA
- Starter: $50/month
- Professional: $890/month
Marketo, which was founded in 2006 and was recently acquired by Adobe and incorporated into their Adobe Marketing Cloud, is one of the more seasoned marketing automation tools in this list. On Marketo’s enterprise platform, 10,000 leads start at over $1,000 per month. The company is also quite secretive about its pricing; as a result, you would need to book a Demo call with one of their sales employees in order to get a “unique” quote.
- A variety of marketing elements.
- A variety of product selection options. You only pay for the features you actually utilize, similar to HubSpot.
- Deep integration with Salesforce
- Expensive and ambiguous plans and pricing.
- A worn-out user interface that makes me think of 2005-era software.
- A glaring shortcoming in an all-in-one product is the absence of CRM.
- Utilizing a landing page builder is challenging.
Sharpspring is best recognized for its marketing automation solution for businesses. Some of the advantages of this comprehensive marketing automation tool are its:
- Campaigns using email
- Behaviour-based mailings.
- Campaign tracking.
- Pages of forms and landing pages.
- Social media management,
- Blog creation.
- CRM and sales automation.
- Webpage observation.
- Compared to other all-in-one tools, it is reasonably priced.
- Excellent for agencies. A fully configurable white label with agency-specific Pricing and user control features is offered by Sharpspring.
- Free support.
- The user interface still has room for development.
- There have been several customer complaints about mistakes and issues.
- Salesforce integration is unreliable.
- Self-serve registration is not an option.
- 1,000 Contact Plan$449/mo
- 10,000 Contact Plan$999/mo
- 20,000 Contact Plan$1,449/mo
- Agency/Enterprise: On Quote
You may distinguish yourself from the competition with effective marketing. But it might be difficult to keep track of which marketing strategies work and which don’t. Even then, it can be difficult to focus on them all at once. Sometimes it’s not achievable due to a lack of time or effort. Thanks to the marketing automation solutions that can aid in marketing for you and your team. By automating your marketing efforts, you may focus your time and effort on other activities that will boost the productivity of your company. Try out any of these above-given marketing automation tools, depending on your requirements and budgetary capacity.
Q: What are the biggest challenges of marketing automation tools?
A: Producing outstanding automation is the most common issue with marketing automation, according to 16 percent of respondents. Our data shows that integrations (14%) are yet another important problem users experience with marketing automation tools.
Q: What are the top two best practices for marketing automation?
A: Best Practices for Marketing Automation are:
- Because you can’t automate a process that doesn’t exist, the first best practice is to always outline your lead flow.
- Deliver Relevant, Targeted Content. When It Matters—Know Your Prospects’ Needs.
Q: How can businesses benefit from marketing automation?
A: Building strong, effective, and thorough client profiles are possible for business owners with the help of marketing automation. Through profile analysis, businesses may utilize this data to segment their clientele into tightly targeted audiences, ensuring that the correct message is given to the right person on the right channel at the right time.
Q: How effective is marketing automation?
A: Marketing automation can result in a 14.5% increase in sales productivity and a 12.2% decrease in marketing costs for businesses.
Q: How are CRM and marketing automation related?
A: The transition from visitor to customer is simple for your customers when marketing automation and CRM software are combined. Your sales representatives will have a complete understanding of a prospect’s interactions with your business once the two programs are integrated.