Are you looking for how to become an SEO freelancer expert in India? If so, you have come to the right place! This post will walk you through everything you need to know to start freelancing in this field.
We will cover topics such as setting your rates, finding clients and developing your skills.
So read on for all the information you need to get started!
As a digital marketer, you always need to look for ways to improve your skills and stay ahead of the curve. If you’re interested in SEO, freelancing can be a great way to learn more about the industry and hone your skills.
So, whether you’re just starting or searching for strategies to grow your freelance company, keep reading for ideas and guidance on taking your freelancing to the next level and making money online.
Now let’s get started with becoming a freelancing SEO expert in India.
What Is Freelancing?
Freelancing has become a popular way to work in today’s economy.
But what is freelancing, and how can it benefit you?
Freelancing is defined as working for yourself rather than for an employer. This means that you are in charge of your own schedule, projects, and income.
Freelancing can be a great way to control your career and your life. It can also be a great way to get started in your job if you don’t have much experience.
If you’re thinking about freelancing, here are some things to consider;
- How much money do you need to make?
- What kind of work do you want to do?
- How much time do you want to work?
Start by answering these questions!!!
Why Consider Freelancing?
- You can take ownership of your work and take joy in it.
- You can follow your heart.
- While working from home, set your working hours and don’t confine yourself to a desk or an office.
- You can choose your clients wisely.
- Seek job satisfaction.
- No longer commuting.
- You can control your workload.
- You can successfully balance your family and career.
- Finally, you are the deciding factor in terms of cost and profits.
Types of Freelancing In SEO
SEO is a broad term that encompasses many different methods and strategies. You can choose any SEO specialization to start your freelancing career.
1. On-Page Optimization
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the practice of improving a website’s ranking in major search engines — like Google. Unfortunately, SEO is not an exact science, and ever-changing search algorithms make SEO an ever-changing task. It may sometimes feel like you can’t keep up with all the changes.
Patience is the key if you want to take freelancing in on-page optimization.
How To Become an SEO Freelancer [With On-Page Optimization Skill]?
These are the roles of on-page optimization;
- On-page optimization refers to creating web pages that are highly ranked in search engines through keywords and other tactics.
- The on-page optimization freelancer’s work involves researching keywords, reviewing website content, and manipulating existing website content to better match clients’ keyword targets.
- On-page optimization freelancer’s also created content for clients that better matches their keyword targets.
You can become an on-page optimization freelancer by getting more skilled in these areas.
2. Off-Page Optimization
Which is the process of improving a site’s ranking through links. While off-page optimization is another important part of SEO, backlinking is only one piece of the puzzle; soon, let us look at the kinds of stuff to be done in off-page optimization.
How To Become an SEO Freelancer [With Off-Page Optimising Freelancer Skill]?
- To become an off-page optimizing freelancer, you need to work on backlinks, directory submissions, social sharing, etc.
- Also, increase the visibility or ranking of a webpage in search engines by improving its off-page factors.
By becoming an expert in the skillset mentioned above, you can start your freelancing in off-page SEO.
3. Content Marketers
Content marketers don’t technically work on SEO, but their work does impact SEO. SEO is an ever-evolving industry.
How To Become an SEO Freelancer [With Content Marketer Skill]?
If you want to become a content marketer, you must understand the importance of having a strong content base.
The content in your content marketing portfolio must contain valuable, industry-related information that your readers will be interested in.
But how do you build that content portfolio?
You could take classes, hire a freelancer, get sponsored by a company or pay a freelancing site to get more visibility on the first page.
4. Technical SEO
Technical SEO is the practice of optimizing a site’s technical aspects. These technical aspects include file names and URLs.
Today, most organizations need technical SEO support for their websites. The clients seek our technical SEO services for increased traffic, lead generation, ROI, and more.
How To Become an SEO Freelancer [With Technical SEO Skill]?
Technical SEO specialist uniquely qualified to execute technical SEO strategy.
Their experience covers the following services: –
- Technical audit (on-page and off-page)
- Architecture and design of the website
- Technical implementation such as plugins
- Quality Assurance
Once you get an expert in these, you will become the best technical SEO freelancer.
5. Local SEO
Local SEO is important for any business with a physical location and local presence. This will help you generate more traffic, leads, or brand awareness from search engine optimisation in your area!
How To Become an SEO Freelancer [With Local SEO Skill]?
There are some great tactics that any company should use when they want to rank well in their region, such as;
- Optimizing for keywords related specifically to them and
- Adding NAP citations across all directories where customers look up information about local businesses online, like Google Maps “Nearby”.
- Some local optimization tactics include; finding keywords relevant to your business and optimizing your Google My Business (GMB) profile with great content so people will want you locally and reviews from online sites such as Yelp!
6. Youtube SEO
The YouTube SEO process is designed for professionals who want to rank higher on the video-sharing website.
When optimising your keywords, tags, or descriptions, you can use these tips and tricks to improve your ranking with Google searches related specifically to videos uploaded onto this platform by users like yourself!
How to become an SEO Freelancer [With Youtube SEO Skill]?
Your main role in becoming a YouTube SEO freelancer is,
- You should know to optimize their YouTube video tags for search engines to increase their watch time and rank better on Google.
- This is because the number one ranking factor determines how high up a web page appears, including its title, description, and content from other carriers.
- In addition, YouTube knows what keywords you should use when creating videos, so they appear higher during searches!
You can start freelancing as a YouTube SEO freelancer on Excelling if you have a thorough grasp of the YouTube SEO algorithm.
Key takeaway: New strategies emerge all the time. So, what types of SEO experts are you? And which is best for you? It should be decided by yourself.
How Much Does a Freelancer Earn in India?
Freelancers in India are paid differently depending on the type of business they engage in.
- 23% of the 500 freelance employees polled said their yearly income ranged from 60 lakhs to one crore rupees,
- While another 13% earned less than 10 lakh rupees per year.
- The remaining 25% earns between $7500 and $10,000.
- North Indian Freelance earnings average of 19 lacs while South Indian Average differs significantly higher 28k than them.
Key takeaway: To put it simply, you can earn 20K, 50K, 1 lakh, or even five lakhs a month, depending upon your experience, duration of the project, and the delivery quality.
Career Scope for SEO Freelancer
Freelancing is the best option for those determined to make it big. You can increase your earning power by providing more services and eventually become rich!
It can provide your next best opportunity for success because there are no limits on how much money one person could make doing this work!
It’s time to stop thinking about these people as “freelancers”: Per prefers them across all industries because of their versatility.
Reasons for the Rise of Career Scope in Freelancing
- Freelancing has been on the rise for years now, not just because of money.
- People are finding satisfaction in being their boss without any restrictions or limitations that come with traditional jobs – Freelancers can live life to its fullest!
- More importantly, though, this affects your lifestyle; you get paid for things YOU like doing rather than working long hours at someone else’s orders every day.
- In India, corporates are rapidly expanding, and they all prefer to transfer their visibility on the internet.
- Increase the number of online freelancers with low-rate requests for each project or task, where organisations benefit instead of hiring a person entirely for their purpose with a high salary range.
- Women are increasingly becoming engaged and raising their standards, prompting other people on the internet to think and act similarly.
- Indians are changing the way people think about freelance work.
- Indians’ Perspective towards Freelancing is Changing.
That’s is why the rise of Freelancing increases; we would be happy if you get the insight into the dawn of freelancing, but if you want to be a skilled freelancer in SEO, you should be competent enough to take up a chance to learn the new trends and algorithm to crack the Google search engine.For best practice, enroll in a renowned online digital marketing course to become an SEO expert, build your portfolio, and quickly start making money as a freelancer.
How to Become a Freelancing SEO Expert
So, you want to be an SEO freelancer?
That’s great! But the first step is understanding that it takes dedication and patience.
Sure, there are some upsides like the freedom of choice on projects or hours worked, but don’t let those pursuits fool you into thinking that you can start earning money, which comes easily overnight!
It can seem hard when nothing seems easy in your early days as an independent professional worker; however, with careful planning; however, with careful planning anything becomes possible.
Here are the step-by-step processes you should follow if you are getting started with SEO freelancing;
1. Build Your Online Portfolio
- Google for your type of work and industry and sign in with the relevant site.
- Building your website is another best way to get visible on google as a freelancer.
2. Create A Freelancer Profile
When you’re looking for your first freelancing job, you’ll want a great profile that shows your skills and makes you stand out from the crowd.
In addition to writing content, it’s also important to include a solid portfolio, so make sure you include links to any websites, social media profiles, or GitHub accounts where you’ve posted your work.
You must be wondering where I should create my profile???
Don’t worry; we have got you covered!
We have listed the top 6 freelancing sites down in this article, where you can register your profile to get more visibility and start earning money.
3. Boost Your Reputation
- Follow the job post from the sites mentioned above.
- Make an inviting, open pitch.
- Offer to work on minor tasks for quite a low fee.
- Receive excellent feedback.
- And as your traffic and reputation grow, you may start raising your pricing.
4. Create Your Own Brand
- Frequently update your portfolio on all platforms and marketplaces.
- Every 1–2 months write a blog article on your field of work.
- Use social media to promote your material.
- Make connections with people who will benefit you (for example, as a Digital Marketer, get to know SEO experts).
5. Make Money Online
- With each project, raise the fee per project or per hour.
- Rather than “one-off” projects, try to acquire recurring deals.
- Develop ties with intermediaries (like agencies)- This will come in handy if you find yourself jobless in the middle of the day.
The Best Way to Deal with Clients When You Become a SEO Freelancer
1. Establish Early Expectations
It is important to be professional, whether you are an employee or a freelancer!!!
If you have difficult clients or those who don’t meet expectations, it’s best for both parties involved if they know what kind of work will occur beforehand.
So that things can go smoothly from start to finish without any surprises springing up along the way.
“Clients need information about how we operate,” says one worker in this article by author Kory Hiltner on The innovations Hub website.”
You might think showing them everything upfront would give off an unprofessional vibe but having clear communication about the terms and conditions makes everyone feel more confident when dealing with someone else’s project.
2. Use Measurable Results and Be Specific
When you’re dealing with a difficult customer, they must understand their demands and standards of YOU.
Reviewing these essential areas can help establish strategies for dealing with them, ensuring success on both ends.
Key takeaway: Providing people what they want while yet sticking to specific criteria established before beginning any project together!
3. Deal Diplomatically
Customer service is a tough job, and sometimes you might feel like nobody cares about your help. The best way to overcome this type of thinking?
When dealing with angry customers, stay professional even if they aren’t listening or seem uninterested in what’s going on.
In this case, communicate clearly, so there is no miss understood instructions for them later down the line.
4. Be Solution-Oriented, Not Problem-Oriented
Your client is not always going to be right. In fact, they’re probably wrong most times! But that doesn’t mean you need their feedback as negative criticism – instead, see it for what it’s worth- an opportunity for improvement and a learning experience.
The best way I’ve found in difficult situations like these are two steps;
- First, establish why your customer may feel this way by trying my hardest and failing then,
- Secondly, offer solutions or alternatives which will hopefully satisfy them without too much trouble on both sides
5. Put Aside Your Ego
When clients demand a lot from you, it is essential to put your ego aside and focus on what’s best for them.
Making assumptions about someone before dealing with them might lead you down the wrong route, but if that individual hasn’t expressed any feelings or opinions, maintain an open mind!
Top 6 Freelancing Websites to Get SEO Projects
Upwork is a more professional platform as compared to Fiverr.
You cannot sell gigs on Upwork. Instead, you have one job type with specific guidelines that define your brand of work through filling out information about yourself when signing up for an account.
Upwork gives you a legacy of less flexibility and makes it easier because all the potential clients will know exactly what they’re getting into before starting any project or putting concrete deals with you!
Fiverr is a popular site for freelancers to find affordable jobs. It’s called “FIVERR” because of its value proposition-the price point at which projects are listed on the site starts with $5 per gig or task.
As soon as you sign up and update your profile details, Fiverr will generate gigs based on this information that can be sold anywhere between 5 dollars to 20$.
The buyer chooses what they want from these offers but always comes ahead due to an average cost lower by 10%.
Decide whether your time and effort are worth it to register here for only $5-$20.
If you are looking for the top 3% freelance talent on the internet, look no further than Toptal.
At this site, I found some amazing people who helped do projects, and they were all cost-efficient too!
You can’t beat their prices. Therefore it’s important to double-check how much they charge so you can set the same or more, depending on your preferences.
The People per Hour platform empowers individuals to do what they love as freelancers.
It includes features such as invoicing tools, proposal review sessions, and messaging to get your work done efficiently with no hassle!
With over 90% of freelancers saying they would be willing to work for less money if it meant greater control, People per Hour provides just that.
This platform allows you complete freedom and flexibility in your projects and features proposal review tools as well!
So go ahead today with People per hour!”
Freelancer is a great site for freelancers and clients who want to find the perfect match for their projects, with 20 million signed-up users, including both sides of this transaction!
You can choose from many different tools like invoicing or accounting when you sign-up, which will make managing your business easier.
Not only that but also getting paid quicker, thanks in part because it’s all done through our secure payment gateway, so no more waiting weeks until funds clear after each job is finished.
Guru is the ultimate freelancing website for industry leaders. All of its workers are handpicked by an algorithm to determine skill, eligibility, and reputation in their field, giving you guaranteed quality work at competitive rates!
However, be cautious while registering your information; you may lose visibility if you register something unrelated to your discipline.
Ready to Become a Freelancer?
Freelancing is all about building your reputation and getting noticed.
But as with everything else in life, it’s not enough to do good work; you need social media strategies too!
It doesn’t matter what type or size company you’re looking for – these five steps will help grow any business:
- Have a professional website that reflects your style of yours (and isn’t generic).
- 2-3 correctly designed graphics/videos
- Post regularly on relevant forums
- Create exceptional content
- Ask people who might be interested.
However, it would help if you had the right attitude and set goals for yourself to be successful. Join our online digital marketing course to become a freelancer and learn all the skills required to work from home. With our help, you can achieve your dreams of becoming a successful high, earning freelancer.
Wishing you the best in becoming an SEO Freelancer from today! Let me know in the comments how are you planning to start your SEO Freelancer Journey after reading this article.
Thanks for Reading,
& Happy SEO Freelancing!!