In the digital era, product-selling companies have much space to grow online. According to Statista, more than 2 billion individuals will make online purchases in 2021, according to their estimations. By 2022, online sales will be worth $6 trillion yearly.
This is the perfect time for anyone looking to grow their online e-commerce marketing company. Never before has online visibility been so high. The method is well recognised as more than 69 per cent of consumers in today’s market have completed at least one online transaction.
The technologies used in modern internet e-commerce marketing are easy to use and manage, and some of the ecommerce marketing tools are surprisingly cheap. Ecommerce functionalities are at their best ever thanks to built-in features, including a website builder, payment gateway, inventory management, and marketing tools.
What is an ECommerce Marketing Tool?
E-commerce marketing tools are computer programmes that assist businesses in establishing and maintaining an online store. The application comes with every instrument needed to market and sell the products. It also gives store managers the ability to manage inventory, establish product prices, and run promotions.
Why is an ECommerce Marketing Tools are Important for Business?
These methods help us better understand consumer behaviour. It responds to common analytical questions like who your most active customers are, which items work best, and what your churn rates are. As a consequence, you’ll have more money to invest in more successful marketing campaigns that will bring in new customers and retain existing ones.
What Tools for Online Marketing Should I Use?
To assist you in coming to an informed and reasonable conclusion, keep these four essential factors in mind:
- Growth: You must be able to rapidly expand the range of goods and services you offer.
- Running expenditures: In addition to the upfront cost of creating an eCommerce platform, Consider ongoing maintenance fees.
- What built-in tools does the platform provide to interest your customers?
- In order to promote client conversion, loyalty, and retention, customer service should come first.
Benefits of ECommerce Marketing Tools
E-Commerce Marketing tools offer multiple benefits to boost your e-commerce business performance:
- Boosts income and customer engagement. Predictive marketing analytics can help organisations save money by concentrating marketing efforts and deleting advertising that doesn’t resonate with customers.
- Helps smaller internet merchants maintain their competitiveness. Large e-commerce companies like Amazon and Netflix use recommendation algorithms and predictive marketing analytics to suggest extra purchases to customers.
- Enables more intricate data segmentation. Businesses today have more sources of information on leads and client preferences thanks to the popularity of location-based messaging and social media in business.
- Identifies commercials that are more successfully targeted at Consumers. Both the immediate effects of marketing communication on a customer’s behaviour and the combined effects of multiple messages can be predicted by algorithms.
- Spending on marketing is reduced. Businesses can more successfully personalize by knowing which marketing strategies and distribution channels each client likes. It can enhance lead scoring. Improving lead scoring is perhaps the most frequent application of predictive analytics in B2B marketing.
Key Criteria to Evaluate Ecommerce Marketing Tools
The market is flooded with various e-commerce marketing tools, each of them having its own Pros and Cons. While picking our perfect match, we need to evaluate each and every tool thoroughly.
Below are the key criteria to evaluate Ecommerce Marketing Tools while finalizing an Ecommerce Marketing Tool for your e-commerce system.
- Cost of Ownership: The price of each eCommerce marketing instrument should be Considered first while assessing it.
- When evaluating Ecommerce Marketing Tools, integrations and plugins are essential factors to consider.
- Themes and user experience (UX)
- Assistance with Headless Commerce: Today’s Consumers use a variety of digital touchpoints, such as voice-activated devices, progressive web apps, smart wearables, etc., to Consume content and make transactions.
- E-Commerce marketing tool that ensures speed and scalability
- A tool that enhances your store usability and functionality
Top 20 Ecommerce Marketing Tools
Here is a list of 20 Ecommerce Marketing Platforms that can take your e-commerce marketing efforts to another level.
Over 28% of all online storefronts are powered by Woocommerce, the eCommerce marketing tool for SEO king WordPress.
Users may manage their online store and the accompanying website on a single platform using Woocommerce, which is popular among e-commerce web developers. It basically performs the same functions as a WordPress plugin for your online sales.
The fact that it is free and very customizable, SEO-optimized, with access to WordPress experts that can answer your questions, are all advantages.
- Hosting comes at extra expense.
- It needs changes, and there are scaling issues.
With a WordPress account, the cost is zero; hosting and plugins are additional.
In order to provide customers with distinctive shopping experiences, Magento, one of the most configurable e-commerce marketing platforms, offers a variety of extensions and third-party connections.
Some of the biggest names in modern e-commerce, like Nike, HP Inc., and The North Face, are drawn to Magento.
- A large user base,
- strong SEO support,
- high degrees of customization
- The Commerce Edition may be more expensive,
- using Magento requires skilled developers.
Free, while the highest price for Magento Commerce/Cloud is $24,000. (annually)
One of the most well-known companies in the sector today, Shopify, offers a user-friendly platform for creating an e-commerce website.
Shopify offers Pricing plans that range from $9 to $299 per month, depending on your needs. Shopify Plus is a premium solution aimed at Fortune 500 companies and high-volume businesses.
For small businesses looking to break into the e-commerce market, Shopify is the best option because it provides simple, clear functionality, Amazon integration, flexible price options, and free hosting.
- Shopify downloads rapidly,
- has a range of price options,
- is quick and easy to set up.
- Poor SEO
- It charges a transaction fee(using non-Shopify payments),
The monthly cost for Shopify Plus ranges from $9 to $299.
BigCommerce is a hosted SaaS eCommerce marketing solution that lets business owners easily and quickly builds online stores using a selection of customizable templates.
BigCommerce provides pricing plans that range from $29 to $249 per month, depending on your demands. Your sales volume is restricted by each plan.
Because of its easy setup and choice of payment options that offer a variety of capabilities according to one’s wants, BigCommerce is an excellent value for the money when one is just getting started.
- Excellent SEO support,
- multi-channel selling.
- It limits sales,
- BigCommerce is prone to issues,
- there isn’t a mobile application for it.
Depending on the business, from $29 and $249 per month
OpenCart is an open-source, downloadable e-commerce marketing solution that enables you to customize your website however you like. It has over 13,000 extensions and 36 payment options.
OpenCart is free to download, use, and update. However, in addition to hosting and protecting the website yourself, you will also need to design the website yourself and work with a PHP-savvy developer.
- It is open source,
- It is free,
- It offers a wide range of customization options,
- It is relatively easy to use.
- Customer support is absent from OpenCart.
- It necessitates a variety of add-ons and software development expertise.
Various OpenCart Cloud Pricing, but free
6. Salesforce Commerce Cloud
Demandware was the brand name of Salesforce Commerce Cloud, which offers cloud-based SaaS e-commerce marketing solutions. Demandware was acquired by Salesforce.
One standout feature of Commerce Cloud is its AI engine, which gives businesses in-depth insight into the behaviour of their customers and enables them to offer consumers a unique shopping experience across all channels.
For design and development, coding skills are required, but Commerce Cloud has a wide range of capabilities and makes scaling simple.
- Its high level of customizability (to a certain extent) and availability of cloud services are advantages.
- Costs increase with volume
- coding skill is required.
The completely free, downloadable OsCommerce e-commerce marketing tool is an open-source e-commerce marketing solution.
With nearly 9,000 free add-ons available, they make website customization simple and affordable. New ones are being added daily. There is a worldwide community of committed developers for it.
- It’s free.
- If you are a coder, it is simple to use
- It has a sizable helpful community.
- There is a tonne of customising possibilities.
- Building an online store with OSCommerce requires the assistance of a developer.
- Hosting may be expensive, difficult to expand, and prone to errors.
If you’re new to the e-commerce scene like you are, Wix is a fantastic alternative.
They offer incredibly user-friendly tools that make it quick and easy for someone without any technical expertise to launch an online business.
With Wix, you can easily customise your online store using drag-and-drop techniques and a large selection of creative, modern themes.
- Easy to use
- It is reasonably priced
- It provides a selection of creative templates.
- It lacks a few features
- It performs poorly in SEO tests when compared to its rivals.
- Not suitable for large to medium-sized e-commerce businesses
$17 to $25
Prestashop, an open-source, cloud-hosted e-commerce marketing platform, offers the best overall value.
PrestaShop Ready, a hosted version, may be downloaded for free and customized any way you like, or it can be purchased for only about 25 euros per month.
Although add-ons can be pricey, it is incredibly easy to use and highly adaptable for programmers.
- A large user base,
- Has high levels of customizability,
- Has an effective SEO,
- Has options for self- or hosted hosting.
- It offers expensive add-ons,
- It necessitates the coding knowledge,
- It lacks a number of features in the hosted version,
- It charges for support.
Free, or $25 per month for PrestaShop Ready
Squarespace is well known for its fantastic website design templates, which also apply to e-commerce.
Drag-and-drop templates on Squarespace’s all-in-one hosted platform, which features some of the most cutting-edge, modern designs, makes it perfect for beginners.
Using Squarespace, anyone can quickly and easily create a beautiful e-commerce site, starting with the template choices and finishing with the sale of the first item.
- It’s easy to install,
- It has a lot of creative template designs,
- It offers top-notch SEO tools,
- It is competitively priced.
- It lacks features (such as multi-channel selling)
- It has limited integration capabilities.
- It also doesn’t offer phone support
$26 or $40 per month (paid annually)
With a focus on serving the requirements of store owners, search engines, and customers, 3dcart offers fully-hosted SaaS cloud-based e-commerce marketing features.
Despite being relatively easy to set up, some prior knowledge is required.
- Easy Payment & Integration Options (Paypal, Amazon, etc.),
- Fantastic Set of SEO Tools, and Management Tools (email, inventory, etc.)
- Outdated designs and poor customer service
- It’s not for beginners to use.
Pricing ranges from $19 to $299 per month.
Enterprise-level plans start at $500 per month
An entirely cloud-based e-commerce marketing solution is Volusion. offering 11 free templates for easy setup and a large selection of more templates for purchase. You may even swap templates at any time with Volusion, and it will move all of your content for you.
The numerous functions that Volusion has integrated directly into the dashboard are a distinctive aspect that is well-liked, which eliminates the need for pricey add-ons (but there are still some needed, like Facebook Pixel tracking).
- Several integration options (including with Instagram, Amazon, etc.),
- Several features are available.
- Poor SEO,
- It offers expensive add-ons,
- It has a higher SSL Certificate cost
Prime Pricing ranges from $29 to $299 per month.
With responsive design templates that support drag-and-drop customizability, Weebly, one of the most well-known site builders with over 40 million websites created, makes it incredibly simple to launch an e-commerce website. However, it also offers a code editor for those with a little more experience.
- It is easy to use,
- It is compatible with mobile devices,
- It is free or very affordable
- It has ineffective SEO capabilities,
- It only offers basic features,
- It lacks integration capabilities
Free to $25 per month (paid annually)
With capabilities that are similar to those of other SaaS systems but with a unique twist, Ecwid is an approachable SaaS e-commerce marketing solution. Ecwid has the uncommon ability to be installed on any currently used platform, eliminating the need to create a new website (WordPress, Joomla, etc.).
You can use Ecwid to add an online shop to an existing website rather than establishing a full-fledged e-commerce website.
- It can include stores on your current websites,
- It is an inexpensive e-commerce marketing tool
- It also provides a management tools
- It results in a partially developed e-commerce website,
- It offers poor SEO capabilities,
- It has a small range of products for plans.
Ranges from $0 to $99 each month.
The purpose of this e-commerce marketing tool is to help artists advertise their goods.
Their website states that it is “For artists, by artists.” Big Cartel makes it simple to set up and launch an online store without any prior web skills, allowing the artists to focus on their creative endeavours.
Additionally, it offers the chance to change the code. Some of its features include customisable themes, Google Analytics, and shipment and inventory management.
- It has an easy installation and usage,
- it is reasonably priced,
- It has a flexible design,
- It is mobile-friendly
- There are fewer products, features, or scalability options.
Free to $30 per month
Netsuite, a firm well known for the variety of tools it offers, is now including e-commerce marketing to that list with its cloud-based application called SuiteCommerce.
Ideal for large companies that require a solitary cloud-based platform to handle websites for different brands, countries, and languages.
- It has the capability to handle enormous volumes of data
- It has a comprehensive Netsuite bundle
- It is Expensive,
- It is complicated,
- It has subpar customer service
Custom monthly price starts at $999.
CoreCommerce, formerly known as digiSHOP PRO, underwent a transformation in 2008 to become a complete SaaSe-commerce marketing solution and is currently the host of hundreds of websites.
Above the personal level, all of its paid packages come with unlimited file storage and bandwidth as well as integrated SEO and blogging capabilities.
CoreCommerce offers a variety of programmes to give you the greatest value for your business’s needs. The maximum number of products that can be purchased under the personal plan is three; after that, the limit rises to 300 products, and eventually, limitless.
- It includes strong SEO,
- It gives various integration options,
- It has no transaction costs,
- It offers multiple plan choices.
- It has a very low gross sales volume
- It has high processing costs.
$19 per month to $600 per month
EKM, a wholly UK-based e-commerce marketing tool, was the first cloud-based SaaS solution brought to the UK. Despite this, they continue to host websites all around the world.
A custom domain name, an SSL certificate, and no transaction costs are all included with each package. There are 500 items total in the base plan, which is more than many other basic plans offer.
EKM provides a sizable selection of free templates or even a service for creating unique online stores.
- It offers superb customer service
- It is simple to use
- Low annual sales
- It has a high transaction cost
£550 for a six-month period, or £30 to £195 each month for Enterprise Level.
One of the top shopping cart programmes available right now, X-Cart is a flexible open-source e-commerce marketing tool.
A truly unique feature of X-Cart is that it provides several lifetime memberships as opposed to month-to-month subscriptions. X-Cart will also deduct your earlier payment if you opt to upgrade to a different plan.
The vast array of integrations available for all of X-solutions carts makes them very customizable.
- It provides a subscription for life,
- It offers extensive customizability and scalability
- It requires development experience;
- It had pricey customer support;
- It requires an annual upgrade fee
Free for a lifetime for $5,995.
PinnacleCart is another well-liked shopping cart that provides a simple and quick way to set up an all-in-one online business. Some of their most well-known clients have been mentioned, including the NBA, UFC, and Discovery Channel.
Pinnaclecart offers cost-effective Pricing plans with a wide range of features, such as an abandoned cart feature, one-page checkout, blog capability, and a number of add-ons.
- It offers wide scalability,
- It has several admin access points
- It offers strong SEO capabilities
- Dedicated SSL is excluded,
- hosting and POS are not included.
Custom enterprise-level prices start at $45 and go up to $200 per month.
For business owners looking for an e-commerce platform, there are many possibilities. Even while one e-commerce option could be more well-known, others provide unique qualities that might be more suitable for your organisation.
Because businesses seldom switch platforms more than a few times every few years, selecting the best platform for your company’s e-commerce website requires careful Consideration over the long term. Because of this, it’s essential to choose well before devoting time and resources to something.
Q: What is an e-commerce marketing strategy?
A: An e-commerce marketing strategy is the set of actions you plan to do to promote your online store and boost sales. The plan determines the long-term course of your e-commerce business. It will be taken into account how well you grasp the market, trends, Consumer research, brand values, and product.
Q: What distinguishes e-commerce from digital marketing?
A: Despite being frequently confused, e-commerce and digital marketing are separate concepts. Digital marketing is the practice of communicating with your audience online, whereas e-commerce is the action of conducting business online.
Q: Why is e-commerce marketing so important?
A: It enables you to give your Consumers a 24/7, convenient service with an optimised and well-developed website. Businesses have a wide range of benefits to expand their product offerings and enhance sales thanks to e-commerce marketing.
Q: How is e-commerce marketing established?
A: There are a few steps to establishing e-commerce marketing:
- Launching campaigns for contextual marketing is an idea for startup marketing.
- encouraging the use of user-generated content.
- Increase your relationships and partnerships.
- To gain attention, distribute products.
- Engage your audience in social media conversation.
Q: What are e-commerce marketing strategies?
A: Following are some of the e-commerce marketing strategies:
- To get things going, here are seven eCommerce tools you may use to grow your business.
- email advertising
- SMS advertising for social media using Google Analytics.
- tool for Google Ads SEO.
- eCommerce platforms