Marketing has always been an important part of any business. But in the current world, Marketing has also gradually shifted its roots to digital platforms. Digital platforms are an easy way to get connected to your leads. But digital marketing might not be that easy.
You need to analyze your efforts and strategies to get success in digital marketing, and hence digital marketing analytics become an important part of your business. According to the statistics:
- Marketing teams that document their strategy are 313% more likely to report success than those that don’t.
- 75% of marketers increased their company’s credibility and trust with digital marketing statistics.
The above statistics are a clear indication of how digital marketing has changed the way businesses work. But just bringing your business online is not enough to get successful. You will need a lot of planning and analysis of your digital marketing efforts. And for all the analysis, you would require a good digital marketing analytics tool. Here let’s get acquainted with digital marketing analytics tools.
What is a Digital Marketing Analytics Tool?
Digital marketing analytics tools collect, monitor, and analyze marketing data on social media, websites, paid digital advertising, search, email, and mobile applications. This gives you a comprehensive overview of your digital platforms, marketing efforts, and clients.
What are the Advantages of a Digital Marketing Analytics Tool for your Company?
Digital marketers should be able to oversee and track the success of their company’s marketing campaigns. This is exactly what digital marketing analytics tools help businesses achieve. Organizations can use digital marketing analytics tools to improve and prove the worth of their digital marketing efforts. Their goal is to boost the efficiency of marketing campaigns while also justifying the cost.
How to Choose the Right Digital Marketing Analytics Tools?
There are several things to consider while looking for the best digital marketing analytics solution. We’ve put up a list of things to think about while looking for digital marketing analytics software and tools for your business.
- Before selecting an analytics solution, you must first decide what is being sold and at what price. It’s not unusual for service providers to charge extra for account setup, integrations, and higher usage.
- A solo or integrated solution must be chosen. If you need to track prospects throughout the sales cycle, you should invest in a digital marketing analytics package that integrates with your CRM and other reporting tools.
- If you get leads through form fills, phone calls, or live chat, it makes sense to choose a digital marketing analytics tool that includes both online and offline tracking features.
- Consider a marketing analytics platform that can accommodate numerous users if you have a large marketing and sales team.
Key Benefits of Digital Marketing Analytics Tools
Digital marketing analytics solutions may collect data from all of your marketing channels and report on it all at once. Marketers can develop reports without relying on data scientists, track campaign success, and do competition analysis with ease. The following are the key benefits of marketing analytics tools:
- Analyzing Website visitor data
- Collecting data regarding Customer touchpoint/event data
- Paid campaign performance data analytics
- Customer purchase data analysis
- Complete details about Email marketing data
What are the 10 Key Criteria to Evaluate Digital Marketing Analytics Tools?
10 Key Criteria to Evaluate Digital Marketing Analytics Tools are:
- Digital Marketing Analytics Tool Pricing
- User Experience of the tool
- Customer Service provided by them
- Features of the Digital Marketing Analytics Tool
- Extra benefits if any of the tool
- Integration options available
- Training and consulting offered by the tool
- Updates and addition of new features
- Reporting capabilities
- Team Management option
Let’s now have a look at the top 20 digital marketing analytics tools
Top 20 Digital Marketing Analytics Tools
1. Google Analytics
With over 28 million sites using it, Google Analytics is one of the best digital marketing analytics tools to have in your toolbox. It allows you to monitor website traffic, users, traffic count in real-time, bounce rates, and goal conversion. The programme combines your website’s statistics into visual reports that you can use to better your business’s strategies.
Even better, you can create multiple profiles for other websites, allowing you to manage multiple accounts on different platforms rather than having to manage multiple accounts on different platforms.
- Instead of relying just on third-party cookies, it employs machine learning to provide accurate information.
- The tool provides user-centric information such as psychographics, demographics, behaviour, and other profiles of your potential clients for more targeted marketing.
- Google Analytics connects to a number of different systems, including Google Ads, Google AdSense, and Google Search Console, to give you a single source of data.
- It has a lot of features and reports, which can be overwhelming for newcomers.
- It takes time to learn how to utilise the tool and personalise it to your own needs.
360: On Quote
2. Adobe Analytics
Adobe Analytics is a multichannel and traffic data collection tool. It uses AI and machine learning to provide important insights into bounce rates, page visits, and other customer-related metrics that help you enhance your earnings.
Adobe Analytics also gathers data from a range of online channels, such as the web, mobile apps, videos, and social media, to help you better understand your audience and create more focused campaigns.
- It gives you comprehensive control over the conversion funnel, allowing you to see all of your website’s click activity and impressions at a glance. These insights are critical for optimising the operations of your business.
- Predictive insights help you to make informed decisions about your company’s future by leveraging previous data.
- Adobe Analytics integrates with other platforms like Adobe Target, Advertising Cloud, and Adobe Experience Manager to provide you access to a variety of data in one place.
- The digital analytics tool has a steep learning curve for rapidly sorting through data, making it tough to use for a newbie.
- Small enterprises may not be able to afford the instrument due to its high cost.
Hotjar is a cloud-based web analytics tool that lets you better understand your site’s visitors’ behaviour, emotions, and needs. Heat maps are used to show where users click, scroll, and move about on your website.
As a result, you’ll learn what draws people’s attention to your site, what they ignore, and how they behave before and after you launch a new feature.
- It comes with powerful tools that quickly uncover flaws in your site’s user experience.
- Excellent user support that ensures a pleasant user experience.
- It comes with a free and a trial version, so you can check it out before investing in the full version.
- It lacks predictive analysis, which can be used to forecast future performance based on historical and current data.
- Limited integrations with other relevant technologies usually save time by centralising your source of information.
Scale: On Quote
Over one million websites benefit from Clicky’s user insights. It gives you the ability to monitor, analyse, and respond to online traffic in real-time. It keeps track of individual website visitors’ actions and pageviews in order to give you specific data for site optimization.
- It offers a simple user interface that allows you to obtain reports fast.
- Real-time site monitoring gives you access to real-time data, allowing you to make swift decisions.
- You won’t be able to get a complete web analytics report for a year because some reports are only available for a limited time.
- Due to a lack of interaction with other advanced technologies, accessing insights from several platforms in one central area is difficult.
Pro Plus: $119.99/year
Pro Platinum: $159.99/year
Custom: On Quote
Over a million websites in over 190 countries utilise this open-source digital marketing analytics application, formerly known as Piwik. Matomo is accessible in over 50 different languages. You can use this programme to follow your website visitors’ whole journey and analyse their experience.
- Installing it on your own servers or using the cloud-hosted version are both options.
- It’s highly customizable, with advanced APIs that let you request analytics data for one or more websites over a certain time period and in a specific format.
- It comes with both a free and a trial version, allowing you to try out the features before investing in the premium version.
- You may experience recurring troubles when updating or configuring the tool.
- The web analytics data is extensive but overwhelming, making it difficult for a beginner to get specific facts.
6. Sprout Social
This digital marketing analytics tool is a crowd-pleaser because it has so much to offer. With Sprout Social’s cross-channel analytic features, you can rapidly track success on a single social platform or compare marketing results across multiple channels.
- You’ll have quick access to reports that you can use elsewhere once they’ve been downloaded.
- It offers a user interface that is simple to use and intuitive.
- Multiple social media accounts can be linked, and notifications can be accessed from a single inbox.
- Your postings can be scheduled to appear at times when your prospects are more likely to notice them.
- You may only mix a limited number of social channels with it. LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Pinterest are the only social media platforms that can be linked. The premium subscription you choose determines the number of social profiles you can have.
- There isn’t a free version; only a free trial is available.
Standard: $89 per user/month
Professional: $149 per user/month (billed annually)
Advanced: $249 per user/month (billed annually)
Hootsuite has a number of features that can help you make outstanding social media posts and track engagement so you can streamline your digital marketing strategy. From a single location, you can develop, plan, and distribute content across many social networks.
You can modify your images or post movies that are tailored to each network’s standards using Composer, a content production tool.
- This programme connects to over twenty different social media platforms, allowing you to manage all of your accounts in one place.
- It includes Hootlet, a clever plug-in that makes sharing material a breeze.
- It provides collaborative solutions for handling social media responsibilities, enabling for more effective customer service.
- The digital analytics tool for specialised social networks, such as Pinterest, needs to improve reporting and content scheduling.
- The user interface is clunky, making it difficult to rapidly locate information.
Team : $99/month
Enterprise: on Quote
8. Zoho Social
This digital analytics tool has all of the features you’ll need to succeed on social media.
For example, to maximise engagement, you can use Zoho social to plan your posts for the ideal times when your target audience is online—you can create your own publication schedule or utilise Zoho’s best-time forecasts.
- Timing errors are reduced when content is scheduled ahead of time.
- It brings together a variety of social media platforms into a single, easy-to-manage platform.
- It offers a free trial and a free version, allowing you to test the features before purchasing the premium version.
- It doesn’t have the ability to resize photographs automatically. As a result, you’ll have to manually modify your photographs for various social media platforms.
- In the event of a technical difficulty, Zoho’s customer service team is slow to respond.
STANDARD: ₹600/month billed annually
PROFESSIONAL: ₹1,725/month billed annually
PREMIUM: ₹2,595/month billed annually
SocialPilot offers a variety of scheduling options to accommodate different time zones. With the powerful Post Composer, you can schedule your social posts for popular networks like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Pinterest. It comes with comprehensive analytics tools that let you track content performance, audience insights, and the best time to post to social media.
- The user-friendly design of SocialPilot enables you rapid access to a variety of features.
- All of your social media posts are accessible from one area.
- Because of its interfaces with other platforms like Canva, many users find SocialPilot valuable.
- Upgrades to the programme are required for certain platforms such as Instagram.
- There is no freemium version; instead, a free trial is available.
Agency: $127.50/month Billed annually (Save 15%)
Studio: $63.75/month Billed annually (Save 15%)
Professional: $29.75/month Billed annually (Save 15%)
Enterprise: On Quote
This tool generates comprehensive reports for social media networks such as Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook. You can design unique reports that are geared to your campaigns using the software’s thousands of criteria.
You’ll also discover the best time to post, who your most engaged followers are, and which campaigns are the most successful, all of which can help you develop more targeted content.
- Using the scheduling features, you can easily post to many social profiles.
- From a single spot, you may manage many social media profiles.
- You can test out the features for free before committing to one of the premium subscriptions.
- There is no free version to try out the features before deciding whether to upgrade or not.
- You can’t choose a favourite video thumbnail, which restricts your options.
CREATOR: $29 /month billed monthly
TRACTION: $89/month billed monthly
SCALE: $199 /month billed monthly
EXPANSION: $399 /month billed monthly
MailChimp is an email marketing provider that combines a number of advanced features into a single bundle. You’ll have access to a variety of professional email templates from which to choose and immediately launch your campaign.
If you want a personalised email design, the drag-and-drop editor allows you to customise the style to your liking.
- It works with a wide range of goods and platforms to help you automate your email marketing.
- It’s extremely versatile, allowing you to customise it to your exact needs.
- It has a clunky user interface.
- There is a free plan available, however, it is limited in features. Businesses with a large contact list must subscribe to premium programmes in order to achieve their goals.
Premium: Starts at ₹23,000/month
Standard: Starts at ₹1,150/month
Essential: Starts at ₹770/month
This email marketing solution is powered by HubSpot’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM), which allows you to easily create personalised emails.
HubSpot offers responsive email templates, allowing you to choose a design that will appear amazing on any screen. With HubSpot’s drag-and-drop editor, you can also change email layouts, call-to-action-buttons, and branding.
- It is a free plan that allows you to test the products to determine whether they are suited for your business before upgrading.
- It’s an all-in-one platform that gives you access to a plethora of marketing data in one place.
- The user interface is straightforward and straightforward.
- Configuring the product to your company’s needs takes a long time.
This digital marketing analytics tool helps you automate your emails so that they reach their inboxes when consumer engagement is at its peak. ActiveCampaign also has A/B testing features, so you can compare subject lines and email body content to determine what works and what doesn’t.
- An easy-to-use user interface ensures a smooth marketing procedure.
- The cost-effective features in ActiveCampaign make it appropriate for both small and large organisations.
- It’s a dependable email analytics solution thanks to machine learning and A/B testing.
- The reports are a tad dense, despite how straightforward they are to use.
LITE: Starts from $15 a month
PLUS: Starts from $70 a month
PROFESSIONAL: Starts from $159 a month
ENTERPRISE: Starts from $279 a month
It’s an omnichannel platform that combines email, SMS, WhatsApp, and segmentation marketing to increase consumer engagement.
Omnisend also integrates with Facebook and Google ads, giving it a one-stop digital marketing analytics tool.
- Automated workflows relieve you of manual tasks, allowing you to concentrate on other elements of your business.
- Using audience tagging and segmentation, you may create a more focused email campaign.
- Some major features are only available on specific premium plans, which necessitates an upgrade and additional cost.
Standard: starts from $16/mo for 6,000 emails
Pro: starts from $59/mo for unlimited emails
Small and medium-sized businesses would benefit from this email marketing solution with digital marketing analytics. Because Sendinblue allows you to automate your campaign on a shoestring budget, this is the case. Sendinblue, like Omnisend, combines email, chat, and SMS marketing to let you communicate with customers in a variety of ways.
- You can choose email styles from pre-built templates to save time.
- It has a simple user interface that is great for those who are new to email marketing.
- The tool comes with outstanding customer care that will guide you through any technical issues you may have.
- It does not come with full technical support.
- Creating focused workflows is difficult.
Enterprise: On Quote
This digital marketing analytics tool covers link building, competitor analysis, keyword research, website audits, and rank tracking. The Ahrefs tools provide data to aid in the improvement of your organic search engine ranking.
- It has a powerful backlink checker that assists in the growth of internet authority.
- It comes with a number of payment alternatives, allowing companies to choose the one that best suits their needs.
- Keyword suggestions from Ahrefs can help you find new content ideas.
- high cost of payment plans.
- The user interface is challenging to grasp and master.
Lite: Starts at $ 99/month
Standard: Starts at $199/month
Advanced: Starts at $ 399/month
Enterprise: Starts at $ 999/month
SEMrush is a multi-purpose digital marketing analytics tool that can assist you in increasing your online visibility and learning more about marketing. For keyword and competition research, rank tracking, campaign management, and SEO, you’ll have access to essential tools and data.
- The tool gives competitor intelligence to help you fine-tune your SEO strategy.
- It has good user support, so if you have a technical issue, you won’t be left in the dark.
- Because of the app’s user-friendly design, you may readily access different components of it.
- Its many features allow you to swiftly optimise your website.
- Some functions are missing, preventing you from getting the most out of the programme.
- It is expensive to add many profiles for an agency with a significant number of employees.
The three pricing plans Semrush offers are:
Pro : $199.95 /month
18. Moz Pro
With the Moz Pro digital marketing analytics tool, you can track links, optimise web pages, assess competitors, watch your rating, and audit your site. These abilities aid you in developing SEO strategies that produce the required results.
- It has a variety of important features that help you understand how your site’s visitors behave.
- Its backlink checker helps you identify backlink opportunities.
- The capabilities of website auditing aid you in discovering and correcting SEO issues on your site.
- It comes with a slew of features to keep track of.
- It’s an expensive SEO solution.
STANDARD: $79 /month when you pay yearly
MEDIUM: $143 /month when you pay yearly
LARGE: $239 /month when you pay yearly
PREMIUM: $479 /month when you pay yearly
BuzzStream is a prominent digital marketing analytics tool. It comes with a lot of handy features that make finding backlink leads a breeze.
- It automates tasks like prospect research and locating email addresses, which speeds up the outreach process.
- You’ll be able to coordinate all of your outreach efforts in one place.
- It enables you to create email templates to save time by removing the need to copy-paste outlines each time you want to contact an influencer or blogger.
- It will take some time to become used to some of the features.
- The user interface is somewhat awkward.
Starter: starts at $24/mo.
Growth: starts at $124/mo
Advanced: starts at $299/mo.
Custom: starts at $999/mo.
It’s a keyword research, pay-per-click (PPC) campaign, and competitor analysis tool for digital marketers.
Ubersuggest can also be used as part of a link-building strategy to improve your link profile. Ubersuggest is a more affordable version of Ahrefs and SEMrush.
- Easy to use
- It offers all of the essential functions for SEO research at a moderate price.
- Keep an eye out for broken links if you want to boost your Google ratings.
- It doesn’t give websites SEO scores to indicate how well they’re optimised.
Digital marketing is the present and future of marketing. With more and more businesses coming online, there is a mad race as to how to become the leading marketers in the online business. It requires a lot of analytics and evaluation, and that is where the above digital marketing analytics tools can help you. Analyze the tools aptest to your needs and save your time while getting the maximum returns from your digital marketing efforts.
Q: What is analytics’ role in digital marketing?
A: Through digital marketing analytics, customer activity is turned into actionable company data. Digital analytics tools can help businesses understand what their customers are doing online, why they’re doing it, and how this behaviour might be turned into digital marketing initiatives.
Q: What are the benefits of analysing digital marketing analytics?
A: Digital analytics allows companies to provide a better online experience to present and potential customers, resulting in the achievement of certain goals over time. Digital analytics is a tool used by businesses to collect, evaluate, and analyse qualitative and quantitative data.
Q: What are the essentials of digital marketing analytics?
A: Digital analytics is the collection, measurement, analysis, visualisation, and interpretation of digital data reflecting user behaviour on various digital marketing platforms.
Q: Is it possible to tell the difference between digital marketing and digital analytics?
A: Simply put, web analytics focuses on customers via website metrics, whereas digital marketers focus on the organisation as a whole via a wider range of sources.
Q: What indicators do you use to assess the effectiveness of digital marketing analytics?
A: In 4 Easy Steps, you can find the Best Digital Marketing Analytics
- Establish the program’s goals.
- Transform your goals into key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Determine your specific plan for fulfilling the KPI and accomplishing the goal.
- Choose an acceptable statistic for each KPI based on the kind of ads you wish to execute.