In the market of project management tools, ClickUp is a comparatively new participant, having been created in 2016 by Alex Yurkowski and Zeb Evans.
The tool, according to the program’s creators, was “broken” despite the fact that it was created to aid organizations in becoming more productive and successful. They believe that by combining all the tools and apps used by a business under one roof, ClickUp can boost team productivity by up to 20%.
It makes sense for small teams and independent contractors, but it also offers sufficient features and functionality for larger corporations. By identifying and removing any bottlenecks, you can always keep projects and tasks on schedule, thanks to the low-cost pricing and high adaptability.
Using ClickUp as a project management tool is highly advisable.
ClickUp is a cloud-based project management tool that carefully balances providing the right amount of features and ensuring accessibility and affordability. To more effectively match workflows with goals, it offers capabilities for team collaboration and shared task-setting, as well as project updates and status notifications.
It is one of the best project management software programmes available, and it is also incredibly flexible. It provides exceptional visibility into every project and activity.
What is ClickUp?
ClickUp is one of the top productivity tools for any corporate or freelance project. Large organizations like Google, Booking.com, the San Diego Padres, and Uber use ClickUp to increase workplace efficiency.
ClickUp supports voice assistants, desktop apps, mobile apps, Chrome extensions, email add-ons, cloud-based apps, and desktop apps. The following are some of the main features of the ClickUp app:
- Gantt charts: Gantt charts are used to schedule, rank, and manage dependencies within a project timetable. View spaces, projects, lists, and tasks. Sort the chores quickly and in order of significance. Encourage real-time team collaboration while upgrading projects with a drag-and-drop tool.
- Dashboard: Create dashboards for various projects and share them digitally between teams. Use widgets to get activity data or other important information. Allocating resources effectively while determining asset consumption levels.
- Time tracking: Use a mobile, desktop, or web browser to keep track of the time spent switching between tasks. Using comprehensive timesheets, you may view tracked time by day, week, month, or custom range. Group the overall time by dates while evaluating individual tasks and time entries for evaluations.
- Dependencies: You may access everything from a single spot by connecting documents, tasks, and dependencies together. Customers to orders, customers to offers, users to bug complaints, and more can all be connected. Create a distinct hierarchy that teams can utilize to prioritize tasks.
- Mind Maps: To visually summarize ideas, projects, or finished tasks, create mind maps. Active projects are associated with workflows. Edit, add, and remove tasks from views, then rearrange them so that they follow logical paths. Make mind maps without taking task structures into account.
- Automation: Create reliable procedures with automation for everyday tasks. As you give different teams greater tasks, implement succinct SOPs. Automatically post comments, assign tasks, modify statuses, and more. You can merge everything into a single workflow by automating external modules.
- To-Do Lists: Create clear, adaptable to-do lists to organize your thoughts and work from anywhere. To make lists usable as processes, add formatting, link items and colours to tasks or assignees, and connect lists. Create recurring activities using saved checklists and saved lists as templates for customization and reuse.
- Kanban Board: To better see your work, use a kanban board to create a customizable Kanban system. To gain a comprehensive picture of the project’s status, use the everything view. View numerous workflows, each with a different status, in one place. Create distinct workflow statuses for multi-tier processes and sprints alike.
Who can use it?
The ClickUp project management tool is one of the well-liked alternatives to other top Project Management systems. The current limitations might vanish soon in times to come as their software developers are frequently taking feedback from users and are taking them into account to upgrade their products to improve user experience. Try ClickUp if you’re seeking a single online project management and work collaboration solution for teams or lone users.
How to Get Started with ClickUp
To use ClickUp, you must register and set up your ClickUp Workspace.
- Signing up for ClickUp
To set up your ClickUp account, follow these steps:
- Visit the ClickUp website.
- On the sign-up page, fill out the fields for Full Name, Email, and Password.
- Select Play With ClickUp next.
- On the screen asking you to verify your account, enter the code you receive in your email.
- You’ll now see the Welcome page for configuring your workspace.
- Setting Up
After you sign up, a Welcome screen will walk you through the basic ClickUp Workspace setup. Following are the steps:
- Specify a name for your workspace by selecting Let’s get started!
- Click Next to personalise the avatar for your workspace. Drop a photo or choose the colour of the initial letter in your name for your avatar. Choose I’m satisfied for now.
- The next step is to select the colour scheme for your ClickUp theme.
- Make a decision on the app’s user base.
- By selecting Next, you can select the ClickApps you desire. The list of ClickApps is constantly liable to modification. Simply select Looks fine now.
- If you wish to, you can import tasks from other programmes. If you’re not feeling it, kindly choose “No, thanks.”
- Click Play with ClickUp to get to your ClickUp Workspace.
- You can create tasks, delegate assignments to people, work with the team, and keep track of who is doing what when the workspace has been configured. Additionally, you can collaborate with the clients and provide information about the status of the work in real-time
- You need to perform a few recurring chores to keep your projects on ClickUp productive. Once inside your workstation, you can add more Spaces. In your business, departments are like spaces.
- On the left-side panel, select New Space.
- Then click Next after giving Space a name. And can then, customize the Space by choosing a colour, avatar, public workspace, private workplace, status, ClickApps, and views.
- To add a new task, click the already created Space. Now, on the right side, click the “Task name” box. Specify a name for the assignment, then click on it to display a full view. This can contain the due date, assignee, status, attachments, priority, subtasks, and checklists.
- To provide the assignee’s instructions, you can type comments in the Task window. You can @ tag assignees, observers, or certain people to receive automated notifications. You can add Dependencies by clicking on the horizontal Three Dots Menu.
- In ClickUp, using templates is the best way to automate your task management process. Templates increase productivity by decreasing the time spent planning tasks. By clicking on your avatar in the lower-left corner, choose Template Center.
- Next, click on the Use Cases to choose the business type. Click the template and then select Use Template to add a task management queue to your workspace.
- By providing resources and instructions for the tasks, the project can now be launched. To access many apps from a single location, you can add third-party apps to ClickUp.
Adding external app
- To choose Integrations, click the avatar.
- You can now add apps to ClickUp from a list that will now show up.
One of the major aspects of any tool is its Pricing, here are all the pricing plans offered by ClickUp:
- Unlimited (Best for small teams): $5 /Member/Month
- Business(Best for mid-sized teams): $12/Member/Month
- Business Plus(Best for multiple teams): $19/Member/Month
- Enterprise (Best for many large teams): On Quote
Pros of Clickup
This part of ClickUp Review will cover numerous Clickup pros that are making more and more people use this software.
- Top-Notch Customization Capabilities: Without a question, one of ClickUp’s key selling features is its top-notch customization options. You get access to a completely flexible online software solution that lets you approach your projects in a customized way. It may be changed and tailored to meet your workflow, business model, tastes, and any other strategy you select. ClickUp becomes one of the more flexible options as a result, giving teams from different industries the choice to choose the organizational structure that suits them the best.
- Simple Team Collaboration and Communication: Effective teamwork and communication are essential to the success of any project. However, many businesses still have trouble with it, particularly after employees began working remotely. With a variety of cutting-edge capabilities, ClickUp enables both small and large teams to collaborate in real-time with anyone and communicate more efficiently on a single platform. With ClickUp, it is possible to send and receive emails, have conversations with coworkers, and work together on documents with other team members. Whether your team is headquartered in an office or works remotely, you can rely on the technology to stay connected and up to date at any time and from any location, removing bottlenecks and silos.
- Cheap Prices: Despite offering a tonne of great features, ClickUp offers some of the most competitive and reasonable pricing on the market. You can initially sign up for ClickUp’s Free Forever Plan for—you guessed it—no money in order to learn more about the platform and its features. Furthermore, you may tailor your price plan based on what you now need or anticipate needs in the future, making the service a wonderful choice for solopreneurs and enterprises that are growing quickly.
- Advanced Real-Time Reporting Capabilities: ClickUp makes creating, extracting, and customizing reports incredibly simple. Discover each team member’s availability, the projects they are now working on, the deadlines they missed, and the tasks they have accomplished to have a deeper understanding of your team’s performance. By using the more than 50 budget possibilities to create unique dashboards, you may quickly see a high-level overview of the project. The project as a whole and each task’s progress can both be monitored using the reporting options.
- Multiple Views: ClickUp also offers over 15 alternative views, allowing you to view your projects, deadlines, and team composition any way you like. Along with the conventional view options like List View, Box View, Calendar View, Board View, and Gantt View, you may experiment with Mind Map View (visually planning and organising projects and tasks), Workload View (visualizing your team’s capacity and managing resources), and Activity View (an aggregated view of all activities across a specific location, people, and project type).
- Simple Time Tracking: ClickUp provides individualized time tracking solutions that let you focus on your work and improve time management, making it easier to manage your time at work. Use the tool to keep track of your working hours and to create estimates, make notes, review reports, and add remarks to your time logs. Additionally, you can mark billable time to determine how many hours should be charged on bills and adjust your recorded time as necessary.
- Great mobile application: Given the importance of accessibility from any location in the modern world, ClickUp is one of the few project management software products that offer customers a feature-rich mobile app that enables them to perform activities at the touch of a screen, check for important updates, assign jobs, and more. The app’s simple UI and user-friendly features make it easier than ever to add new tasks, notify colleagues, and, of course, manage projects while travelling.
Cons of Clickup
Now when we have already discussed the pros of ClickUp in this ClickUp Review, let’s look into a few improvement areas of this great tool:
- An abundance of features: Some users may find the sheer volume of options to be daunting, especially during the initial setup. Some teams say that the features are difficult for their members to use and that the learning curve is somewhat steep.
- Various choices for customisation: One of the main advantages of Clickup is that it can be completely customized. But, as they say, the excess can be daunting too. This is also a disadvantage because the extensive modification is needed for the software to operate at its peak performance.
- Inefficient calendar: The calendar on Clickup is its least impressive feature for certain teams. It is not as intuitive as users would want due to the numerous buttons that need to be clicked. In order to avoid having to enter the date again, users must click “done” after doing so.
- UI requires some changes: Users commonly inquire about the purpose of the blank panels and gaps in software that advertises “one app to replace them all.” there are a few user interface changes that are required to be made for making the tool even better.
- unable to send tasks directly from a Gmail filter to Clickup: This is one area of Clickup where developers say they are working. Currently, users cannot send tasks directly from a Gmail filter to Clickup without using a third-party service.
- Onboarding is essential: It’s true that ClickUp’s learning curve wouldn’t be as intimidating if someone only required a quick explanation of how the programme functions. Before users feel comfortable using ClickUp, they will need significant training. Throughout the lengthy and exhaustive onboarding process, you will be required to enter a lot of information. Given the number of options available, proper onboarding is essential; nevertheless, once you know everything, it won’t be as difficult. It would have been preferable to have an interactive tutorial or something more useful to show how to use the features of the software.
Markets are flooded with various Project Management and ClickUp is one of the market leaders, which we have already read about in detail in this ClickUp Review. To those who want to finalize a project management tool, only after trying hands of a few project Management tools, then here are some of the alternatives of ClickUp that you can try your hands on.
For client firms, teamwork is a flexible and comprehensive project management solution. The option to assign tasks to particular team members or the entire team is one of the advanced capabilities available. It offers practical filters that make information drilling simpler. The workflows in Teamwork are customizable.
Pros of Teamwork
- Tools for real-time cooperation are provided by teamwork.
- It is a full-featured project management application.
- There are efficient reporting tools accessible.
Cons Of TeamWork
- No such Cons
Because it is simple, intuitive, and easy to use, MeisterTask is one of Europe’s best project and task management programmes. The best approaches to visually monitor development from inception to completion are to deconstruct projects into tasks, incorporate them into custom workflows, and display them on appealing digital Kanban-style boards.
Pros of MeisterTask
- Links to all of your chosen tools, including task automation for mobile devices and G Suite, Harvest, Office 365, Microsoft Teams, Zapier, GitHub, Zendesk, and a host of others.
Cons of MeisterTask:
- The time tracking feature may be improved, and there is no desktop software for Linux.
Freshservice, a fully comprehensive project management platform, can supervise projects from start to finish. Your projects will be organised, managed, and tracked for you by Freshservice.
Pros of Freshservice
- The entire process of the projects can be managed.
- It provides you with all the resources you need to monitor and manage each ticket, update, and project asset.
- When jobs and subtasks can be divided up into smaller parts, it is easier to assign projects to individual owners or collaborators.
Cons of Freshservice:
- According to reviews, it doesn’t provide small businesses with enough customization possibilities.
- Its ability to integrate is constrained in a number of ways.
In addition to Gantt charts, Kanban boards, tables, and calendars, Hive offers a range of project management options. All project views can automatically reflect any adjustments made. You can easily switch perspectives. With it, you can integrate hundreds of apps into a productivity platform.
Pros of Hive
- Hive’s fully integrated email inbox allows you to send and receive emails.
- It has monitoring capabilities, just like Hive analytics.
Cons of Hive
- It takes some time to get used to the customer management process.
- There can be only one file attached to a project request.
- Mobile applications aren’t available.
The project management tools on Monday.com, which include reports, a calendar, tools for time tracking and planning, and other resources, can be useful for your business. All sizes of enterprises can benefit from using this project management tool.
Pros of monday.com
- It provides useful teamwork tools.
- using software from third parties
Cons of monday.com
- There isn’t a free option offered on Monday.com.
- It is difficult to switch between different perspectives within the project.
In ClickUp Review, it is, without a doubt, among the best project management tools. This is a fantastic choice if you’re looking for the most recent project management software that provides easy, affordable, and user-friendly management of your projects and tasks.
ClickUp is a terrific option as the preferred software for small and medium teams because each feature and capability has been specifically built and adapted to satisfy needs. On the other hand, ClickUp can seem pretty complex to newcomers even though it contains ample materials for them to discover how it operates.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)- ClickUp Review
There are many questions that are frequently asked by the users or the aspirant users of ClickUp. Here are the 5 most frequently asked questions about ClickUp:
Q: Does ClickUp have a database?
A: ClickUp enables you to construct no-code relational databases for your work. If you create a traditional relational database from scratch, you will have a finished content database that resembles a traditional one, where:
- labels and categories will be standardized
- information will be shown in tables.
Q: Is ClickUp a trustworthy programme?
A: A top-notch platform for managing software, ClickUp enables businesses of all sizes and types. Because it is so adaptable, secure, and customizable, it is the perfect programme for project management.
Q: Which companies use ClickUp?
A: Currently, ClickUp is being used by some teams at companies including Google, Nike, Uber, Airbnb, Netflix, and Ubisoft. The company offers a free plan with a restricted capacity as well as an unlimited option for $5 per month per user.
Q: Can you use ClickUp offline?
A: Even though ClickUp will let you know when you’re offline in the bottom left corner, you can still create tasks! As soon as you rejoin, your team will receive the new task(s)! You can also review any tasks that have recently been loaded while you’re offline.
Q: What makes ClickUp unique?
A: With ClickUp, you can customize any and all forms of productivity, from simple to complex. Since ClickUp functions for all kinds of teams, all teams may plan, organize, and collaborate using the same software.