If you’re looking to increase traffic, one of the best ways to do that is over the phone.
Phone calls are a high-quality and lead-generating source – 43% of internet users convert through phone calls!
But how can you tell which of your marketing efforts are driving conversions?
How can you optimize your campaigns so that you’re spending money on efforts that are working best for you?
The answer is Call Tracking Software!
Let’s dig deeper into this.
What is Inbound Call Tracking Software?
Inbound phone calls can be attributed in a number of ways used to track how many times people dial a specific number for more information about your company, website, products or services.
They are often generated using multiple numbers, like local numbers (typically area codes), 1 – 800 numbers and pay-per-call keywords that may appear on third-party websites or papers.
These innovative digital solutions enable any brand to track customer interactions by creating unique routing scripts based on the specific phone call source.
Some companies provide advanced call centres equipped with digital technologies to further qualify leads and collect important business data ranging from lead interest level to contact time experienced by consumers during the call.
Call tracking and call analytics products must display unique phone numbers, or caller ID codes, for each individual advertising campaign. Once calls are received by the call analytics service, they should track which ad campaign the call is associated with by matching the unique number generated by each advertiser’s campaign to an incoming phone number.
What are the Key Benefits of Call Tracking Software?
The Call tracking software offers multiple benefits, some of which are:
- Call tracking enables companies to monitor the performance of their marketing campaigns by measuring the calls they receive and their origins. For example, you can figure out where your leads are coming from – like how many are coming from Facebook posts or paid advertisements on search engines for instance.
- One of the greatest potential benefits of using call tracking software is that it allows you to push performance-oriented ads and eliminate underperforming ones. For example, when running a campaign through your shiny new call tracking program, you can tell during each phone call which ad is being taken advantage of and which one isn’t. This information allows you to take a break from advertising that doesn’t give consumers what they want while boosting ads that are at the top of their game!
- Some SEO and pay-per-click campaigns can be very expensive, so you really have to make sure they are worth it. It’s a good idea to test new landing page designs on a few groups of customers before rolling them out to the rest of your target market. However, Call Tracking can tell you what keyword or website ad brought that customer in. This will help you determine if certain keywords are more effective than others to use when creating more ads in the future, or better yet if a change in your landing page makes those keyword ads more effective.
- Call tracking helps you have insight into marketing campaigns. It is important to be efficient in developing and handling strategies for what are your critical search engine marketing efforts so that you can get a good return on investment from your campaigns. One way that you can be more aware of how people respond to different marketing tools is by using call tracking software. When used well, you will be able to see information on phone calls such as the caller’s geographical location and recording of the telephone call; this will help you make adjustments based on the data and identify where there might need to be some changes made to improve campaign performance.
- Before running an advertising campaign, it is essential to first monitor its ROI of it. Spending $3000 on a campaign that only helps you generate $1000 in revenue is unacceptable and should be avoided at all costs. To avoid this, ensure you track the ROI of every advertising campaign to soften or shorten future runs when necessary and better plan future advertising budgets with more accurate ROI information.
- Regardless of company objectives, however, a not-so-secret desire that many businesses have is to please customers and keep them coming back in the future. If you can provide them with a dedicated number for customer care, it enhances your customer experience and here is where Call tracking software can help you.
- Call tracking technology helps you identify the strengths and weaknesses of your employees. By monitoring their performance, companies are able to get a better idea of how well their team is functioning and if they need any additional training or guidance.
How to Choose Right Call Tracking Software?
Now that you know how call tracking software can enhance your marketing efforts multi-folds, it’s time to find out which call tracking software is good for your business.
Call tracking involves publishing unique phone numbers across all your campaigns. If you’re targeting a global market for your advertising, you must make sure the service provider you choose offers phone numbers of the type used in the country of your choice and that they have localized the numbers to match the local dialling codes.
- Dynamic Number Generation
Call tracking numbers are MOST useful when they’re dynamically generated. This will allow you to centre your call campaigns on the market you want – whether it be a certain industry, geographic location or more generalized demographic, etc.
Your call tracking software should be customizable to meet your specific business requirements. Every business is unique and so are its requirement and the more the customization is possible, the better will be your call tracking tool
- Uptime and Reliability
When choosing a call tracking solution, you should look for a company that works with your business needs and delivers excellent service. Whether you run a SaaS company or a brick-and-mortar business, we can help you track who’s calling your cellular or landline number using our tried-and-true call tracking analytics system, whatever the industry and context of your business.
- Call Recordings and Transcriptions
Your call tracking software should facilitate call recordings and transcriptions. This data can be very beneficial for your company to analyze your prospective customers and their needs.
- Detailed Analytics
A call tracking tool should offer detailed analytics like call time and date, caller ID, call source, caller location, call duration, and caller details.
Pricing of the call tracking tool cannot be ignored, pick the best pricing plan based on your campaigns and call frequency.
Now when you know how to pick on the right call tracking tool, here are a few call tracking tools you can explore.
Top 20 Call Tracking Software To Track Phone Calls
Hubspot is a very common and advanced tool for marketing, sales, content management, call tracking and much more.
Users can call from a phone or a web browser using HubSpot’s own VOIP. It lets you assign particular call and outcome attributions to different service levels, automate transcriptions, and create follow-up task tickets. Of course, these features will work in concert with HubSpot’s comprehensive CRM tools. HubSpot’s native VOIP does not support more advanced features like IVR and incoming call routing.
- For sales calls, there’s a lot of attribution, transcript, and outcome tracking functionality.
- Maintains a list of tasks that occur from phone calls.
- Lacks effective and full-time customer support.
- Starter: Starts at $50/month
- Professional: $500/month
- Enterprise: $1200/month
The platform is aimed to integrate sales, marketing, and customer care into a single web-based solution for small businesses and startups that offers high functionality at a low cost.
EngageBay includes a CRM module that includes ticketing, help desk, and knowledge base operations, as well as basic call tracking features including call recording, call profiles and databases, call routing, and campaign tracking. Advanced call monitoring features like automated transcription, keyword tracking, and interactive voice response (IVR) are not supported.
- The forms and reports are highly customizable
- Can manage bulk contacts
- Does not support many high-end features like IVR
- Basic: $11.99 per user/month
- Growth: $39.99 per user/month
- Pro: $79.99 per user/month
3. Analytic Call Tracking by Invigo
Invigo call tracking platform, EverGenius, collects every single call produced from offline or online advertisements and displays them as incoming calls on your phone through Caller ID. This helpful information collected from the market will assist you in finding out which of your ads work in the most appealing way. It also lets you know whether prospects prefer calling you directly or other ways of contact like email and so forth. With EverGenius providing you with their dashboard that clearly states how contacts move throughout what stage of the sales funnel, it’s easy to see which providers are working out the best at each step and gives useful advice on how to further refine service and meet customer needs.
- Easy to use
- Pricing is not available online
Starting price: $19.99 per month
Their call centre dashboard provides a deep data look at how your team is tracking in real-time so you can zoom into trends, priorities, and actionable insights. This way, you know exactly where each member of your team stands and what they’re up to while they’re on the job. There are three main parts to that software: 1) Call Histories – where you can see an event breakdown, resource utilization and volume analysis. 2) Data Visualization – where you can get an overview of activity for any day with the ability to filter by the last 7 or 14 days to just get the high-level view. 3) Individual Call Details – Here’s where you track what happened, who was involved and what actions were taken from beginning to end of each call.
- They are AI-powered
- Offers superb call analytics and voice transcription.
- They only offer web support.
- Starter: $240/month
- Basic: $420/month
- Pro: $900/month
- Custom: On quote
Phonexa offers a sophisticated call tracking solution for businesses. It provides multi-level IVR (Interactive Voice Response) that’s voice-recognition based and that also enables consumers to text their answers next time they get a call from this business. In other words, the IVR can tell them what they have to say in order to reach the person they need by responding with their verbal response instead of having to write down something or put it in a box. Phonexa also has reporting tools such as analytics and data reporting capabilities. This means phone companies using Phonexa can be far more successful and increase user experience above all by optimizing routes based on real-world usage making sure that callers who call in don’t get frustrated or lose time trying to find someone who is available so they know somebody will pick up when they’re done recording voicemails!
- High-end and powerful features
- Complicated Usage
- Lite: $100/month
- Premium: $500/month
- Enterprise: On quote
LiveVox call tracking tool is positioned as a solution for businesses of all sizes that focuses on managing agents from any location. It comes in Mac and Windows desktop editions, and it contains campaign management, reporting and analytics, call recording, real-time chat, and IVR speech recognition technology. It along with the CRM platform, allow for integrated call centre capabilities.
- User Friendly
- Pricing is not available online
Starting Price: $2500.00/month
Justcall is a cloud-based business call tracking tool for sales, call centres, and support teams. For their regular calling and messaging operations, businesses can purchase local and toll-free numbers from JustCall in more than 70 countries. It can also be installed on Mac and Windows systems, as well as on iPhone and Android phones locally.
JustCall provides a comprehensive set of advanced call tracking features, as well as integrations with over 45 CRM platforms.
- Easy to use
- Great integration capabilities.
- No free subscription
- Standard: $25/user
- Premium: $50/user
- Enterprise: On quote
8. inConcert Allegro
inConcert Allegro Voice Contact Center software both cloud-based and on-premise services.
inConcert Allegro Voice Contact Center offers various call tracking services including
- inbound and outbound calling
- call tracking and management
- messaging and IVR functionality
- predictive dialling
- The design of its IVR self-service system is powerful
- It offers great call centre management features.
- Pricing is not available online.
- Offers a Free Trial
- Another plan pricing is available on quote
Clixtell is one of the prominent call tracking tools. Some of its prominent features include recording and transcriptions, routing, advanced analytics, etc. The key feature of this tool is protection against click fraud.
Clixtell conversion intelligence tool offers great conversation analytics. Its centralized user dashboard allows the users to control call traffic and website-based click.
- User friendly
- Powerful analysis tool
- Strong anti-bot
- No IVR functionality
- Monitor: $15/month
- Protection: $50/month
- Agency: $75/month
CallFire has many of the fundamental features of a modern call monitoring service, such as agent-client histories, reporting and analytics that can be linked to Google Analytics, IVR speech recognition, and integrated CRM databases. Customers may also customize agent scripts and record calls, and the system’s audio broadcast and text messaging capabilities make it easier for agents to update information, send alarms, and track employee performance. Its IVR features, which include an auto-attendant and speech recognition, facilitate call routing, phone surveys, appointment booking, and results tracking.
- Good features
- Easy to use
- No call transcription facility
- Pro: $599/month
- Grow: $299/month
- Startup: $199/month
- Lite: $99/month
- Pay as you go: 6 cents per minute/text
Callcap, which has been operational for nearly two decades, was a pioneer in the field of call tracking software. For call routing, tracking, and recording, the company now offers a cloud-based VoIP service. It allows for a variety of complex call monitoring features, such as the ability to grade and summarise calls and generate reports based on that data.
One of Callcap’s unique features is call recovery, which analyses instances where a prospect hangs up without completing a deal or when customer service falls short of expectations.
- High-end call tracking features
- Easy to use
Starting Price: $45.00 Per Feature/month
The call tracking software from ActiveDEMAND has a lot of capabilities. Statistics and call tracking are available. It also records and transcripts calls, maintains a caller database and provides incoming caller profiles and ID, and supports speech recognition and automated interactive voice response (or IVR), which allows callers to interact with a call-in system only through their voice.
- Extensive call tracking features
- It can be customized
- It does not support direct integration with a CRM tool.
- Call Tracking: $0per month per user
- Recording is an extra 1/2 cent/minute
- CallForensics also has an additional /minute charge that varies by region
Marchex Call tracking tool is a call management system that, as the name suggests, focuses on providing detailed insights on the most efficient marketing channels for generating inbound calls and prospects. It classifies incoming call outcomes, associates them with certain search phrases and actions, and automatically redacts call recordings to ensure security and privacy.
- Good customer service
- Strong reporting tool
- Powerful analytics
- Easy to manage
- It lacks CRM integration.
- Free Trial
- Pricing is not available online
DialogTech is a virtual call centre that provides targeted sales and customer service through call tracking, data tracking, reporting, and analytics.
DialogTech operates an interactive voice response (IVR) system that automatically qualifies leads before routing them to sales reps.
- Good data tracking and analysis
- Trustworthy IVR feature
- Difficult to use
- Not enough usage tutorials are provided by the company
Quotation-based starts at $500 per user/month
Marketers can use Invoca a call tracking and analytics solution powered by AI.
It includes a suite of advanced call tracking features like recording, conversion tracking, call routing, campaign and keyword tracking, and IVR voice recognition tools, as well as real-time call and conversation analytics aimed at increasing the return on investment of Google and Facebook marketing campaigns.
Invoca claims its real-time business intelligence analysis as a standout feature, which includes insights on call outcome and conversion potential.
- Real-time and detailed analytics
- Easy to use and user-friendly
- Not good for small business
- Is not available for ioS and android
- Pro: On quote
- Enterprise: On quote
- Elite: On quote
Revenue.io has been providing call tracking services since 2012. It includes AI-powered analytics, automated conversation transcription and analysis, real-time sales performance evaluation, call recording, and event-based AI-powered notifications.
Additional call tracking capabilities include IVR support, the scheduling of follow-up calls, the ability to monitor and record dialer calls, and reporting and analytics for outbound dialer calls.
- Good call control
- Offers randomized numbers
- Built-in CRM integration
- Minor performance issues
- Core: On quote
- Professional: On quote
- Pro Plus: On quote
CloudTalk offers a number of advanced call tracking features. Agent availability and abilities, customer preferences, and call destination can all influence how calls are routed. The technology captures and analyses extensive statistics during calls and displays consumer information cards to agents. On some service tiers, it provides for unlimited outgoing calls, as well as unlimited inbound and intracompany calls on all tiers.
- Easy to use
- Detailed reporting
- Good CRM integration
- Can be a little expensive
- Starter: 25 Euro per month per user
- Essential: 30 Euro per month per user
- Expert: 50 Euro per month per user
- Custom: on quote
With clients in more than 90 countries, CallTrackingMetrics has a constantly growing position in the call tracking industry. This call tracking software is an all-in-one call monitoring that also offers a comprehensive contact centre management solution, as well as a conversation analytics platform that uses AI-driven call tracking to increase contact centre automation. At various levels of service, users can get call tracking, predictive dialling, text messaging support, auto-tagging, chat and text messaging assistance, and an open API for further customising their own solutions.
- Good features
- Large third-party integrations
- Does not facilitate on-premises software deployment
- Performance: $39/month
- Growth: $119/month
- Connect: $329/month
- Enterprise: on quote
19. RingCentral MVP
RingCentral MVP is a cloud-based call tracking platform for phone calls, faxing and messaging. Its cloud-based design adapts to desktop and mobile devices. It offers flexible access control to various users and has a robust set of management tools. It offers voicemail forwarding, automatic call recording, and IVR voice recognition.
- Solid customization of API
- Easy to configure
- The basic plan comes with very limited features
- Essential: $14.99/user/month
- Standard: $20.99/user/month
- Premium: $26.24/user/month
- Ultimate: $37.49/user/month
CallRail is a call tracking and marketing software that gives you a lot of information about incoming calls and where they are in the customer journey. To discover trends and establish which channels and campaigns are creating the most calls, it leverages email, phone logs, and caller ID databases. It connects to Google Analytics and AdWords call tracking campaigns to get a comprehensive picture of caller history.
- Good features
- Good customer services
- Easy to use
- Auto dialling feature is not available in outbound calling
Conversation Analytics + call tracking
Call tracking software can be a great boost to your marketing efforts. But with a plethora of tools available in the market, it is best to analyse the best available tools and pick the most suitable call tracking tool for your business requirements.
The above list has briefly explained the various aspects of the best call tracking software available in markets, analyse them and finalize the one that best suits your needs!
FAQs of Call Tracking
🤔 Q: What is the meaning of Call Tracking?
✅ Ans: Call tracking is the activity of monitoring and recording incoming phone calls. While most people use this as a marketing or sales tool, it can also be viewed as a useful tool when used to conduct market research, consumer feedback polling and more! Understanding call tracking will help you begin to see the big picture of how leads are acquired in your business.
🤔 Q: Why is call tracking important?
✅ Ans: Call tracking lets you know which of your advertising and marketing campaigns are giving you the best results while enabling a solid conversion rate. These actual instances of customers calling up, rather than just simply visiting your website or clicking through an ad banner, give you the concrete data to determine which marketing tactics help your business succeed in real terms.
🤔 Q: How does call tracking software work?
✅ Ans: As an entrepreneur, it’s your job to do all the thinking for your business – even the simplest details! One prime example is how you deal with phone conversations customers have at any given moment when a prospect or client calls up or you call them. Call tracking tools track down lost leads and connections. They create custom Call Tracking Numbers for your business which help determine how your leads convert into sales opportunities in real-time! Each of our tracking numbers is personally created just for your business and its branding requirements so it works hand in hand with analytics platforms to get the data you need to know if your marketing strategy is working or not immediately after a sales call ends.
🤔 Q: What Is Dynamic Call Tracking?
✅ Ans: Dynamic call tracking is a versatile technology that helps businesses determine which customer behaviour is the best target point for their marketing campaigns. This is achieved by displaying different phone numbers to users depending on where they are located, their IP address and information collected during previous searches and site visits.
🤔 Q: Can I track a cell phone with just a number?
✅ Ans: There are only two approved ways of doing this. The first and most recommended option is to seek help from a trusted phone number tracing solution. Using an application is the second-best way since it can handle any problem that arises with a few quick taps of your fingers.